Yushin Okami Yes, TUF Quarterfinalists No

Tl;dr

My guess as to what was said: Okami getting cut sux and I'm pissed

Guess your red belt is a joke then.

Nope

Go read your pro wrestling manual

Its not meant to be pro wrestling.

You're over-thinking this quite a bit. He was fired because he was boring, end of story.

Nope. He got fired because the UFC isnt a fighting promotion.

Its show business.

Gatekeeper was just an excuse. He was released because he's not a big PPV draw, not even in Japan. He didn't deserve to be fired but i can understand why they let him go from a business perspective.

First rule of business is you trade on your name.

UFC have been trading on real fighting and real sport for the last 20 years.

Now they are trading on what? "Popular and flashy fighters who fight how we tell them to. "

Great. Its one step away from being the Shoalin world tour.

Its not meant to be pro wrestling.

It's pro wrestling with the main difference being that they really fight.

GTFO with your fighting purist BS. That's not what the UFC is

Maybe the examples you have don't reflect what actually is going on

How does it "take away from the integrity and credibility of the sport" ?

What's with the selective morality on this site?

Because they are telling the fighters how to fight, and then cutting them if they fuck up Danas choreography.

The slogan is a subjective statement

OMG! What the hell have I been watching all these years?!?!!?

No, Dana has explictly called it a sport and analogous to real fighting over the years.

Youve been watching a sport turn into a sham sport.

Because they are telling the fighters how to fight, and then cutting them if they fuck up Danas choreography.

How do you know it isn't Joe Silva making those decisions?

Blame the figurehead ...

Typical

ethan....why are you in the ufc section constantly posting if you seem to have so much disdain for it?

the ufc is a business. it tries to get and sell the "best fighters in the world"....but if you don't sell, then why should they keep you? if you're an employee and you don't have any value, then why should the employer keep you around?

okami will go to the minors and probably win a bunch of decisions against no name fighters that wont get him back into the ufc.....and no one will care. well, maybe his 600 twitter followers will. or if he makes it thru the bellator tourney and beats shlemenko he might be back. but if he hasn't garnered fans in the ufc in 7 years, then its almost a certainty he's not gonna go to the minors and become some huge star.

get over it

ethan....why are you in the ufc section constantly posting if you seem to have so much disdain for it?

the ufc is a business. it tries to get and sell the "best fighters in the world"....but if you don't sell, then why should they keep you? if you're an employee and you don't have any value, then why should the employer keep you around?

okami will go to the minors and probably win a bunch of decisions against no name fighters that wont get him back into the ufc.....and no one will care. well, maybe his 600 twitter followers will. or if he makes it thru the bellator tourney and beats shlemenko he might be back. but if he hasn't garnered fans in the ufc in 7 years, then its almost a certainty he's not gonna go to the minors and become some huge star.

get over it

Because its a public discussion forum, not a fan club. You dont get to straw man my opinion, any more than disenfranchise it, just because you disagree with it.

Business are built on their names and reputation. Things UFC shat on, when they told the fighters how to fight, and cut the ones that didnt dance well enough for Dana.

They obviously do sell collectively, as the UFCs product, ie real sport/ real fighting, was apparently doing nicely. If they are under financial problems fair enough. Just dont call yourself fighting, when you are telling them how to fight.

Its not about Okami. There is a long list of things UFC have done to destroy their own credibility, and this is the latest. Those things are mutually independent, as is the argument against UFC doing away with fighting and embracing a new martial art of TV MA.

Not everyone agrees with you on the internet. Get over it.

Thats why hes the figurehead...

If you're aware enough to know he's the figurehead, then you're probably aware enough to understand the UFC isn't going to be what you want it to be.

So why waste energy complaining about it?

If you're aware enough to know he's the figurehead, then you're probably aware enough to understand the UFC isn't going to be what you want it to be.

So why waste energy complaining about it?

And you are probably wise enough to understand the internet isnt what you want it to be. So why waste energy complaining about it.

I dont like liars bud. MMAs a great sport, with a lineage to real fighting.

If they want to fuck that up, then we have every right to criticize them for it.

Enjoy your delusion.

Because its a public discussion forum, not a fan club. You dont get to straw man my opinion, any more than disenfranchise it, just because you disagree with it.

Business are built on their names and reputation. Things UFC shat on, when they told the fighters how to fight, and cut the ones that didnt dance well enough for Dana.

They obviously do sell collectively, as the UFCs product, ie real sport/ real fighting, was apparently doing nicely. If they are under financial problems fair enough. Just dont call yourself fighting, when you are telling them how to fight.

Its not about Okami. There is a long list of things UFC have done to destroy their own credibility, and this is the latest. Those things are mutually independent, as is the argument against UFC doing away with fighting and embracing a new martial art of TV MA.

Not everyone agrees with you on the internet. Get over it.

Dude. Dana wants what the fans want. For fighters to put on exciting fights. That's why there's fight bonuses for subs, ko's, fight of the night, etc. Dana has said himself he never tells fighters how to fight. All he says is to go out there and put an effort into finishing fights, he doesn't tell them how to go about it doing so. If anything it will help promote more exciting fights instead of snooze fest and beer run fights.

The fact is if people aren't pumped to see you fight then you should be cut. Plain and simple. Just like in the real world, if your employer doesn't see value in you and doesn't feel like he's getting his money's worth, you're done.

They haven't destroyed their credibility at all dude. Stop trying to make it seem bigger than it really is. Just stop. If their credibility was destroyed people wouldn't be tuning in for the next fight and the UFC wouldn't have 13 events booked in Brazil alone next year.

And you are probably wise enough to understand the internet isnt what you want it to be. So why waste energy complaining about it.

I didn't see that response coming ...:rolleyes:

If they want to fuck that up, then we have every right to criticize them for it.

Enjoy your delusion.

lol @ my delusion. Good luck getting your lineage back

"Allow me to be the last person on the planet to weigh in on this topic, yeah? That

Tldr, if you're that big of a fan, you'll follow him wherever he fights.

Okami - fired by his bosses
TUF noobs - cheap and good for business.

Real life sucks, huh?

Enjoy your delusion.

Enjoy your fight against the world.

there are many more examples other than tibau

let's call it for what it is

ufc cuts boring guys

ufc keeps exciting guys or guys that dana just happens to like

they can do whatever they want

let's not pretend it doesn't take away from the integrity and credibility of the sport

Thats long gone imo.

Yushin a gatekeeper? HAH. He's still ranked in the top 10 and even top 5 in numerous sources. I guess if you're not the champ you're a gatekeeper.

Yushin a gatekeeper? HAH. He's still ranked in the top 10 and even top 5 in numerous sources. I guess if you're not the champ you're a gatekeeper.

Rankings don't matter

You can't have multiple subjective sources for something like that and have it mean something

I wonder what its like to hate something so much to feel the need to seek out an internet forum for it, just to waste your time complaining about it. Makes no sense to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back