Yushin Okami Yes, TUF Quarterfinalists No

For the money he was making, he wasn't worth it, talent wise, excitement wise, or draw wise.

I wonder what its like to hate something so much to feel the need to seek out an internet forum for it, just to waste your time complaining about it. Makes no sense to me.

Weird huh? :)

Enjoy your fight against the world.

You mean the 19% who think it was a good idea to destroy the credibility of the sport.

Why not make a poll if you feel you have the consensus.

UFC is a tiny org, for a cult sport.

People would happily criticise the IOC, or FIFA.

The fact you think Dana White has the diplomatic immunity of a deity, makes me laugh.

Good luck controlling the internet.

I wonder what its like to hate something so much to feel the need to seek out an internet forum for it, just to waste your time complaining about it. Makes no sense to me.

Its a discussion forum, not a fan club. And using the word hate erroneously to straw man any criticism is a weak hand.

This is no fan club.

Good luck taking on the interwebz.

Rankings don't matter

You can't have multiple subjective sources for something like that and have it mean something

Why does the ufc waste its energy on coming up with publishing something that doesn't matter?

Seems either inefficient use of resources.

Why does the ufc waste its energy on coming up with publishing something that doesn't matter?

Great posting btw.

I was going to jump in earlier, but decided to sit back and watch you red belt the hell out of them instead.

Its a discussion forum, not a fan club. And using the word hate erroneously to straw man any criticism is a weak hand.

This is no fan club.

straw man straw man.

every single post I've read from you has nothing but negative about the ufc. so imo you hate the ufc.

im not taking on the internet. im laughing at a ratard.

why don't you join a forum for something you like and enjoy and talk about how great it is? It must suck to spend so much time pointing out all the negative things in life?

You mean the 19% who think it was a good idea to destroy the credibility of the sport.

Why not make a poll if you feel you have the consensus.

UFC is a tiny org, for a cult sport.

People would happily criticise the IOC, or FIFA.

The fact you think Dana White has the diplomatic immunity of a deity, makes me laugh.

Good luck controlling the internet.

This is no fan club.

19% reflects a poll on sherdog dude. Not the entire consensus of UFC fans. That poll doesn't mean shit. Sorry to burst your bubble (not really). :)

Hey! They can do what they want.

The way I see it, it's just another conversation piece. People will go on all day about the numbers to the left of a guys name even though the President of the company says they don't matter.

As long as people are talking that's all that matters.

You guys will get it one of these days.

Hey! They can do what they want.

And so can we...

As long as people are talking that's all that matters.

Not when you crap on your own product.

straw man straw man.

every single post I've read from you has nothing but negative about the ufc. so imo you hate the ufc.

im not taking on the internet. im laughing at a ratard.

why don't you join a forum for something you like and enjoy and talk about how great it is? It must suck to spend so much time pointing out all the negative things in life?

Well you failed to spell retard correctly so...

laughing.gif

And thats another strawman you just made. All things have their critics, but at the end of the day, its a false characterisation easily disproved to say i havent been complementary to UFC.

I love MMA. Why not go back to wrestling if you hate the sport and you hate fighting.

What must suck is attacking random strangers because they disagree with you online.

My bad if we spoiled your delusion.

I love MMA. Why not go back to wrestling if you hate the sport and you hate fighting.

You don't seem to know how prize fighting promotion works. No combat sports promotion operates the way you wish the UFC would. What are you watching?

You don't seem to know how prize fighting promotion works. No combat sports promotion operates the way you wish the UFC would. There isn't a professional fight promotion that acts the way you think they should. What are you watching?

By fighting do you mean - attacking each other how dana instructs you to? Thats not fighting. Thats not even MMA. Thats TVMA.

On the contrary, ive been watching this sport for a very long time.

I deconstructed how its destroying its own legacy and making itself vulnerable to boxing and any big sport that wants to take a swipe at it.

You seem to think a tiny cult sport is some kind of religion. Its a pitiful display of ignorance and truth hating imho. In business, your name is your worth. In sports, your credibility is your holdings.

If you dont understand these basic principles, then you have no appreciation of the topic.

UFC has been on a road of incremental steps into a sham sport.

By all means get upset and tell people not to talk about this.

maybe twas done on purpose?

That might even work, if anyone took the poster as intelligent, or gave a damn about the irrelevant film.

Dude you're the only one on sherdog saying the UFC is turning into a sham sport. Literally. The only one.

I deconstructed how its destroying its own legacy and making itself vulnerable to boxing and any big sport that wants to take a swipe at it.

You seem to think a tiny cult sport is some kind of religion. Its a pitiful display of ignorance and truth hating imho. In business, your name is your worth. In sports, your credibility is your holdings.

If you dont understand these basic principles, then you have no appreciation of the topic.

Lol you thought the WBC was a boxing promotion in a another thread.

No fight promotion acts this way, that is why you always have to compare it to other sports. If you like those, fine. But don't pretend you like fighting if you can't comprehend the history of how the business works.

Lol you thought the WBC was a boxing promotion in a another thread.

No fight promotion acts this way, that is why you always have to compare it to other sports. If you like those, fine. But don't pretend you like fighting if you can't comprehend the history of how the business works.

By all means link that passage, instead of talking out of your back one.

You want to act like the word "promotion" magics away UFCs sins.

Only if it means fake sport, with fighters being asked to perform under duress and attack each other how Dana tells them too.

If by promotion you actually mean a group of people performing in TVMA, and eliciting as many twitter followers as possible, then maybe.

If by promotion you mean an infomercial for a rigged sport and artistically directed performers, than yeh, i guess that makes sense.

Unfortunately thats how sports go shit shaped, not how they succeed.

By all means link that passage, instead of talking out of your back one.

You want to act like the word "promotion" magics away UFCs sins.

Only if it means fake sport, with fighters being asked to perform under duress and attack each other how Dana tells them too.

If by promotion you actually mean a group of people performing in TVMA, and eliciting as many twitter followers as possible, then maybe.

If by promotion you mean an infomercial for a rigged sport and artistically directed performers, than yeh, i guess that makes sense.

Unfortunately thats how sports go shit shaped, not how they succeed.

UFC bashing?

if you really think that way, then you must think all sports are sham sports because they have all implemented rules over the years to make the games more exciting. basketball especially. basketball completely took away long post up moves by implementing the 5 second rule. so all the big men had to adapt their game.

since the ufc can't change the rules, they have no choice but to let fighters go that don't promote their brand the way they want. most people do not want to watch a boring lay and pray fest. okami hadn't finished anyone of note in 6 years.

and how is boxing going to take a swipe at the UFC? "Boxing" isn't a sole entity. Boxing is made up of a billion different promotions just like mma. If boxing was going to "take a swipe" at the ufc (whatever that means) it would have done it 20 years ago.

The more popular the UFC gets, the less it will appeal to hardcore fans that have been watching for 20 years.

Back