You're favorite "I WAS THERE" moment in ufc/mma history

UFC 113, when Shogun ended the Machida Era for good.

3008731.jpg

Man I'm jealous, I used to love Super Brawl and Icon, those Hawaiian events were always super fly.
Best ringed events outside of Pride for me. Also a huge Robbie fan

Still have so many DVD's of those fights

yeah, i'm pretty sure Hawaii is one of, if not the only, state that allows stomps to grounded opponents.

I was there when Rumble bamboozled Gus in Stockholm. Still to this day, I always remember the silence in the crowd when the fight was waved off. Surreal.

That's my only somewhat relevant 'I was there moment' because usually I'm not there and while most of the other fights were entertaining, they didn't have the same implications as Gus vs Rumble.

I was there too. I was screaming with these Finnish people I was sitting next to on the floor, "GET UP! STAND UP!" And somehow he tried. Tried to struggle back to his feet but Rumble was relentless. Then that silence when the ref mercifully saved Gustafsson. During Gustafsson's post fight interview I'll never forget the crowd clapping/stomping two beats then chanting, "AL-EX!"....clap/stomp two beats...."AL-EX!". Can't imagine what that would feel like after feeling like you just let every one of those ppl down. I remember on the jumbotron they showed this gorgeous, stereotypically-looking Swedish girl with tears flowing down her cheeks and wishing I knew where she was sitting so I could find her and propose on the spot. Leaving that arena felt like leaving a funeral. My brother and I were lamenting what a party everyone would be throwing if Alex had won. Sorry for the novel.

Can't say that's my favourite memory, considering I wanted Gustafsson to win haha. Probably the most vivid memory though. Favourite one was the McGregor show at 205. I'd pulled an all-nighter the previous night that may or may not have involved a copious amount of cocaine, a hooker, and a couple sketchy locals in their sketchy apartment though. So my ability to fully enjoy the experience was severely hampered by mortal exhaustion, a bitch of a come-down, and a throbbing headache.

I was there when Conor went super saiyan on Eddie Alvarez's ass.

I’ve been to ufc live 3 times. Seeing machida win twice live would kind of be my favorite.

HOWEVER I just saw Cejudo beat Mighty Mouse live and that’s probably my new favorite moment. An important piece of history took place that night for ufc champion legacies.

All of Conor's UFC fights. Yep. He's special.

Being here now on sherdog to witness your amazing Avatar!

I was there to see Jon fitch boring ass Knocked out by 100% not Natty Hendricks

I was there to see Jon fitch boring ass Knocked out by 100% not Natty Hendricks
That was just one of Fitches ground game techniques. We never got to see what he going to try from his back where the reff stepped in.

Last edited:
i was not there when the cornerman grabbed this cock

l0QVZ9J.jpg

117 in Oakland. Saw Anderson Hail Mary triangle on Chael. I was going insane

UFC 154 GSP vs Condit.

That arena was as loud as any sporting event I've experienced when the lights dimmed for his enntrance.

When Condit hit that head kick it was a giant collective gasp in the arena.

Back