What was your favorite moment in the UFC for 2023?

Davidjacksonjones

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So many great moments in the UFC this year.

This has got to be one of my personal favorites. Sean Strickland drops Israel Adesanya, lands many great punches in a beautiful sequence and nearly finishes him. The crowd went wild too! Sherdog PBP and the front page of the forums were quite entertaining to read too.

What was your favorite UFC moment in 2023

sean-o%27malley-aljamain-sterling.gif

2023 has been a great year for me personally as a fan, I loved Sean beating izzy, Francis beating up Fury and Alex winning over Jiri.

I hope we get one more banger this year and then 2023 will officially become my favorite year in combat sports since like the early 2000s

Highlights:

#1 is Ngannou signing w/ PFL then fighting Fury. First time a #1 heavyweight boxer fought the #1 heavyweight mma fighter with both being in their primes. Fury had his hand raised by horrible judging BUT mma & boxing pundits had Ngannou winning the fight. Even Dana White couldn’t talk his BS when it was over - that’s huge. Ngannou probably proved more combat sports fan wrong than anyone else when he made a substantial amount of money while beating up the boxing heavyweight champ!!!

In no order:

Islam vs Volk I & II
Gaethje vs Poirier
Schevchenko vs Grasso I & II
Izzy vs Poatan II (in UFC)
Strickland vs Izzy
Aspinal vs Pav
Fedor retiring

Strickland vs Adesanya hands down. The way he broke his mind before and during the fight. Post fight presser was hilarious too.

Aspinall vs Pavlovic would be my favourite.

Grasso vs Shevchenko 1
Izzy vs Poatan
Strickland vs Izzy
KZ getting a good send off

These were also great moments I thoroughly enjoyed.

Back