Your significant other suddenly dumps you

Im married 24 years with two young adult kids. I would try to figure out what happened, but if she was donzo, I would split everything 50-50 and get to stepping. I would get a slick apartment in town and have a guest every night until my kids visited. I would rescue a Pitbull eventually and live a great life. The only thing that would suck would be holidays.

I would probably fuck one of these 20 something year old women in my office
Right?

Don't get me wrong. It would be out of nowhere and I would be devastated. In fact it's impossible for me to imagine happening. We are direct and communicate and still get along perfectly and have sex after all these years.

But...in this hypothetical scenario...

If I went to work acting glum and saying my wife said she doesn't love me anymore and wants to separate" to just my buds, they would chat about it and tell other departments why i wasn't myself, and I would suddenly be inundated with "let's go for coffee" offers, followed by "let's go have a drink to make you feel better" followed by "I have more liquor at my apartment " offers, and I know it lol

I'd let her go without drama, since there's no point, but in my heart I'd be devastated. Despite that I'd like to stay on good terms, because I don't want to upset the kids and generally that's the adult thing to do.
Well said. This.

My main concern at that point would be the custody agreement for our kids.

Only one?
mourning-nod.gif

Counseling (from what I've heard) is the chick complaining for an hour and you're out $200. I have a very different approach. If you don't want to be with, no problem. i have no interest in pushing on a rope.

A co-worker just started doing this with the missus and... yeah, you pretty much nailed it.

Counseling (from what I've heard) is the chick complaining for an hour and you're out $200. I have a very different approach. If you don't want to be with, no problem. i have no interest in pushing on a rope.
lol. My bud's wife wanted them to go to counseling. And he said ok.

The counselor ended up siding with him on many many issues and it pissed her off. next thing you know she is saying she doesn't want to go anymore and he disagrees and thinks "well, no, we aren't stopping just because you don't like hearing others agree with me"

Divorced soon after lol

So long as I get 2 out of the 3 dogs, it wouldn't be a messy situation

lol. My bud's wife wanted them to go to counseling. And he said ok.

The counselor ended up siding with him on many many issues and it pissed her off. next thing you know she is saying she doesn't want to go anymore and he disagrees and thinks "well, no, we aren't stopping just because you don't like hearing others agree with me"

Divorced soon after lol

Yup. I have a buddy that had the exact same thing happen. The Therapist told his wife to 'grow up' and she got pissed off and didnt' want to go anymore. LOL.

You really just have to live in the moment with women even in long-term, serious relationships. Just enjoy the moment, all the while she's just along for the ride for now.

Single now, but when it happened last time it was "oh good, me too, but didnt know what to do"
turned out she was cheating for 6+ months and got engaged to the guy during that time. that hurt for a while though.

I'd go all mgtow and spend my time on the internet hating on bitches and watching manosphere videos.

if my current girlfriend dumped me I would be sad and hurt but I don't mad about those sorts of things. & I bounce back pretty fast. stuff happens. if the relationship is not working for her, better to move on.

I generally look back at past relationships as positive experiences. had a good time. learned some new things. but best to just go into the future ready for anything

I’m happily married but if that were to happen, I’d take my half of the money and move to Mexico. adios muchacha

In the past I've always accepted it pretty quickly and moved on

Back