Your significant other suddenly dumps you

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Let's say your current girlfriend or wife (or husband) just comes to you today out of the blue and says "I'm sorry but I don't love you anymore"

How would you react?

Are you the type to start flipping tables and punching walls? Or would you just go hold your knees in the shower?

Or would you celebrate? Or feel relief?

It would be bad for my kids but I'd move on, without any hesitation. Not even a moment.

l-intro-1666482475.jpg

I'd let her go without drama, since there's no point, but in my heart I'd be devastated. Despite that I'd like to stay on good terms, because I don't want to upset the kids and generally that's the adult thing to do. I don't mind not being a bitrer asshole as a "thank you" for all the good times we had together.

Last edited:
Let's say your current girlfriend or wife (or husband) just comes to you today out of the blue and says "I'm sorry but I don't love you anymore"

How would you react?

Are you the type to start flipping tables and punching walls? Or would you just go hold your knees in the shower?

Or would you celebrate? Or feel relief?

I just dumped my significant other but thinking back to when it's happened to me previously, I get drunk for a few days then bury myself in work and working out for a bit as distractions then move on with my life.

I'm not one for big shows of anger or sadness, more one to just withdraw and deal with shit quietly by myself.

Would be pretty devastated. Not just because of losing my wife but my kids as well. I've been a part time dad and it's garbage. From there the next step would be looking at my financials. I'm not sure how I would be doing financially. I'd lose a lot of money but I'd also get some back with the AC running all day which I turn off when I go to work and groceries for 4.

From there I'd quickly make some changes on FB and wait about a month before I start messaging a few females who might be down to reconnect and help me deal with my loss.

Counseling can save a relationship, if you care enough about the person to save it.

I used to think it was dumb but without counseling I'd 100% be divorced already.

Counseling (from what I've heard) is the chick complaining for an hour and you're out $200. I have a very different approach. If you don't want to be with me, no problem. i have no interest in pushing on a rope.

Last edited:
Counseling (from what I've heard) is the chick complaining for an hour and you're out $200. I have a very different approach. If you don't want to be with, no problem. i have no interest in pushing on a rope.
Well, I know they're not supposed to pick sides, but in my case the therapist did a great job of leading my wife to realize her own mistakes.

Of course I had to work on some shit too but really if we were keeping score I totally won.

Back