Your significant other suddenly dumps you

Let's say your current girlfriend or wife (or husband) just comes to you today out of the blue and says "I'm sorry but I don't love you anymore"

How would you react?

Are you the type to start flipping tables and punching walls? Or would you just go hold your knees in the shower?

Or would you celebrate? Or feel relief?
Honestly. I’d finally go out and get laid.

My marriage is in a rough patch right now so it will either improve or go that direction. At this point I’m fine with either. I wouldn’t even be mad.

lol. My bud's wife wanted them to go to counseling. And he said ok.

The counselor ended up siding with him on many many issues and it pissed her off. next thing you know she is saying she doesn't want to go anymore and he disagrees and thinks "well, no, we aren't stopping just because you don't like hearing others agree with me"

Divorced soon after lol
Honestly, it was probably worth the moral victory. I think most cases that is what the person that wants to go in the first place. 50/50 they either want to fix the marriage or they want to prove whatever point they have is just right. And it backfired on your friends wife who sounds like she was obviously option 2.

Single now, but when it happened last time it was "oh good, me too, but didnt know what to do"
turned out she was cheating for 6+ months and got engaged to the guy during that time. that hurt for a while though.
Goddamn dude

At some point I only stayed with my ex for the kids. So when this ended it was not a bad feeling, just not nice for the kids and financially but also a relieve. With my new wife I feel more love and I think she is great and I know I will not get better. But I will never put my happiness in her hands and I will be ok soon. It will give me some other opportunities, many things to do in life.

if my current girlfriend dumped me I would be sad and hurt but I don't mad about those sorts of things. & I bounce back pretty fast. stuff happens. if the relationship is not working for her, better to move on.

I generally look back at past relationships as positive experiences. had a good time. learned some new things. but best to just go into the future ready for anything

this. Why stay in a relationship where it’s not reciprocated.

lol. My bud's wife wanted them to go to counseling. And he said ok.

The counselor ended up siding with him on many many issues and it pissed her off. next thing you know she is saying she doesn't want to go anymore and he disagrees and thinks "well, no, we aren't stopping just because you don't like hearing others agree with me"

Divorced soon after lol
My exact experience.

As for me, I’d put this on and go out.

I wouldn’t even skip a beat.

You really just have to live in the moment with women even in long-term, serious relationships. Just enjoy the moment, all the while she's just along for the ride for now.

It's true. A woman's love is fickle. I wouldn't take her saying "I love you" seriously in the first place. So if she says she doesn't love me anymore, it really means that's just how feels in the moment. Women don't know what they want.

I wouldn't stop her.

I'd aim for a clean split and send her on her way.

I wouldn't aim to be malicious or try to keep her. It'd be disrespectful to myself.

I'd be asking why she didn't talk to me earlier, and I'd be asking if she'd consider couples counseling for the sake of the kids if nothing else.
Better to ignore them until they cool down, women often suffer from foot in mouth syndrome.

Anyone married long enough knows exactly what I’m talking about.

Bend the knee and you get abused

It's happened once before. It was confusion in the moment, but then it made more sense as time went on and I thought about some of her actions/our interactions.
I get over things fast when I know there's nothing I can do about them, especially when it comes to women and their random feelings based decisions. In hindsight, she did me a favor.

In the past, I would've wanted to know why, but now, I wouldn't care, because there likely won't be a satisfactory answer. And it's pointless trying to get someone back that could so carelessly throw away a relationship. You're just waiting for her next mood swing to hit.

Will she still be making those sandwiches though?

Better to ignore them until they cool down, women often suffer from foot in mouth syndrome.

Anyone married long enough knows exactly what I’m talking about.

Bend the knee and you get abused

I've been married for 19 years. If my wife came to me and said she didn't love me anymore and wanted a divorce I would be asking where the intermediate steps were because we haven't been talking about problems or in marriage counseling.

Let her cool off? That presumes she didn't put a lot of thought into it, like years of thought. If you're with a woman that dumps you because she's in a mood that is a huge red flag. Don't be with a woman like that.

My wife is an adult, so am I, we're in a long term partnership, there are ground rules like if you have a problem with the relationship it has to be dealt with first, immediately. Anything else is hugely irresponsible.

Let's say your current girlfriend or wife (or husband) just comes to you today out of the blue and says "I'm sorry but I don't love you anymore"

How would you react?

Are you the type to start flipping tables and punching walls? Or would you just go hold your knees in the shower?

Or would you celebrate? Or feel relief?
I’m well off and in excellent shape for a 40 year old. I’d be swimming in recently divorced pussy. Plus being alone at this point would be peaceful for a while.

As much as I don't want it to happen, I would be in the position where I wouldn't have anything else left to care about

I could walk away from everything and finish up without having to worry about anyone else

wilderness beckons

Back