Your significant other suddenly dumps you

The terms of my current relationship contract stipulate that a termination of relations is available for a challenge of trial by combat, so after thrashing her fairly and honorably I would release her back into the world and then form a chrysalis in which I would lay dormant for 3-4 months until I emerged fresh and beautiful in my new body-form.

I've been married for 19 years. If my wife came to me and said she didn't love me anymore and wanted a divorce I would be asking where the intermediate steps were because we haven't been talking about problems or in marriage counseling.

Let her cool off? That presumes she didn't put a lot of thought into it, like years of thought. If you're with a woman that dumps you because she's in a mood that is a huge red flag. Don't be with a woman like that.

My wife is an adult, so am I, we're in a long term partnership, there are ground rules like if you have a problem with the relationship it has to be dealt with first, immediately. Anything else is hugely irresponsible.
Divorces are “responsible”

Said absolutely nobody ever

Would be like hell yea and buy ticket to happiest place on earth

Tijuana!
lol I have like 3 months vacation banked and I'd be butthurt about being dumped, but yeah something like this.

not sure if I'd do thailand or somewhere in central america

Divorces are “responsible”

Said absolutely nobody ever

My point is that divorce is not the first step, here are a multitude of steps before that.

To go from zero to divorce is a sign of real flaws in that relationship. Like maybe the wife is afraid of the husband or something like that. It's absolutely not possible for someone to hide what they are like for years, that could only be done through willful collusion.

Now, were talking about me and my wife's relationship here, that was the question, it's my significant other. It's just not feasible for my wife or I to not work to make the relationship move in a positive direction. Divorce would be the end of a failed process, not what you suggest, a complete lack of communication, ignoring your partner.

Now you can of course say that your experience is different, but man, I don't know how you can consider that good advice.

My point is that divorce is not the first step, here are a multitude of steps before that.

To go from zero to divorce is a sign of real flaws in that relationship. Like maybe the wife is afraid of the husband or something like that. It's absolutely not possible for someone to hide what they are like for years, that could only be done through willful collusion.

Now, were talking about me and my wife's relationship here, that was the question, it's my significant other. It's just not feasible for my wife or I to not work to make the relationship move in a positive direction. Divorce would be the end of a failed process, not what you suggest, a complete lack of communication, ignoring your partner.

Now you can of course say that your experience is different, but man, I don't know how you can consider that good advice.
We’re talking about divorces, in America, 70% are initiated by women

I’m saying that you really don’t need years of neglect and all that jazz, and people make impulsive decisions all the time. I am speaking on how people behave, not their words that are used to soften the blow.
I make it a general rule to avoid divorced couples, but some cannot be avoided and when it comes…. It can be lightning quick.

btw, ignore = silent treatment

works wonders

The illusion of choice is all around you but how many choices do you really have.......

If she left then it's because she thinks she's found something better elsewhere very few make a jump without something to land on..... I myself have made a promise to move on without such a landing pad.... I'd rather jump into the unknown than monkey branch.

As for if my wife left me, then I would simply get on with my life..... Probably take loads of drugs and smash loads of meaningless women........ Do a bit of therapy and try to be happy....... Then start to build again......

Relief, shock, confused all at once. It'd be nice to be on my own again but I'd have to learn how to be me again.

First I would be in denial.
<DontBelieve1>

Then at some point reality would hit.
<escalate99>

Then back to mom's basement.
e946b6ee-afc6-4a7a-be99-7557636d7a01_text.gif

We’re talking about divorces, in America, 70% are initiated by women

I’m saying that you really don’t need years of neglect and all that jazz, and people make impulsive decisions all the time. I am speaking on how people behave, not their words that are used to soften the blow.
I make it a general rule to avoid divorced couples, but some cannot be avoided and when it comes…. It can be lightning quick.

btw, ignore = silent treatment

works wonders

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one I think. Passive aggressive ain't the way to go imo. Once you're trying to one up your partner rather than communicate and work through issues you're already a fair way down a bad path.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one I think. Passive aggressive ain't the way to go imo. Once you're trying to one up your partner rather than communicate and work through issues you're already a fair way down a bad path.
it's about making an escalation when someone wants a reaction.

if someone is already in the mood to kick and stomp on you, the last thing you want to do is give them the pleasure of doing it..... it's a trap, and you dont have to shame the person being dumped, this thread is about a sudden kick to the curb, which is going to be impulsive.

if you're having a good time, sex all the time, and you get dumped, that would be the definition of sudden.

if you're not having sex for months at a time, then get dumped, that is expected not sudden..... that is where you have time to communicate.

I'd probably be confused as fuck at first, then I'd ask her to hook me up with her hot cousin.

I’d want her to get out and take her stuff ASAP so I can start getting in touch with girls from my roster last played 4 years ago and see who wants to fuck. I haven’t been keeping tabs on all of them but I’d assume a good chunk of them are married now. Whatever. I’m getting under someone else ASAP.

It comes down to options. Those that have them are fine. Those that don't will be either upset, or be happy alone. I have friends that love solitude and being alone. Go out and get laid when needed but love living and being alone. I have other friends that hate being alone and would rather be miserable with someone than without. They typically also have no options.

I'll probably celebrate my life of freedom.
I'm not born in this world for relationships.
With how most women behaves today, I prefer hookups than marriage tbh.

Would be pretty devastated. Not just because of losing my wife but my kids as well. I've been a part time dad and it's garbage. From there the next step would be looking at my financials. I'm not sure how I would be doing financially. I'd lose a lot of money but I'd also get some back with the AC running all day which I turn off when I go to work and groceries for 4.

From there I'd quickly make some changes on FB and wait about a month before I start messaging a few females who might be down to reconnect and help me deal with my loss.
Pretty solid answer. Pretty much exactly how I’d handle it.

Back