Your opinions on Andre Arlovski.

Always been a huge fan , should he be back probably would I like to see him back absolutely

Should Andre be let back in to the UFC?

How would he do against the top 10?

How good do you think he was in the prime of his career?

Do you think that the quality of heavyweights has just went up, or father time has passed him?

He was once a great fighter and champion, but unfortunately his time has passed. Against the top 10 he's going to perpetually one punch from a crushing defeat everytime out.

I'd like to see him against Dos Santos because Andre has very good boxing, technically better than JDS and he's also very quick. But will JDS have too much power and better footwork? I'd bet JDS by KO but I'd like to see it.

Probably the most formidable skills the HW division has ever seen but didn't have the mental strength and instincts to match them.

I'd love to see him back in the UFC.

He's not a top ten HW but he's still better than quite a few of the HW's the UFC currently employs. I hope he keeps his streak up, I'd like to see him return one day.

But dont you think he deserves another crack at the UFC?

To what end?

He doesn't have a hope in hell at contending for the title. The best he can hope for is a position as gatekeeper for up and comers looking to ascend to the top level. I don't favor any fighter getting cherry picked opponents just to feed their egos and you can bet your ass he won't be making top dollar with his spotty record. I think it is better for his health to fight safer opponents in small shows than to be thrown to the wolves in the UFC and end up spending his retirement years with brain injuries after taking a few more KOs. I don't think we need to see another case like Gary Goodridge where a guy is paying a heavy price for taking a few too many KOs.

I would love to see him back. People harp on about Roy Nelsons iron chin...but Arlovski knocked him out. He seems to be getting his confidence back and is more exciting than alot of the UFC heavyweights. I would favor him in matches against Mir, Nelson, Kongo, Rothwell, Struve, Herman etc.

I know he beat Nelson and Rothwell a few years ago, but I'm not sure how he'd do now. I depends which Arlovski shows up...and if he can avoid a haymaker from his opponent. He looked decent against Sylvia and Cole but was very passive vs. Fulton until the final seconds of the fight. He didn't look like a world-beater against Mike Hayes, either. And all of those guys (with the possible exception of a past-his-prime Sylvia) are considerably worse fighters than the guys you mentioned. I can see Kongo fighting Arlovski the same way he did against Cro-Cop and taking the UD. I can see Struve using his size/reach and winning similarly to Bigfoot vs. Arslovski.

Arlovski fights are never boring, that is all that matters at heavyweight, I'd say bring him back.

Who cares if he has a glass chin, hes going to continue to fight and take hits to the head no matter how many sherdog posters are worried about him. May as well let those fights take place in the UFC so the guy can make some more bank.

with another win, someone might start talking about bringing him back in the UFC

:eek:

I feel that he has looked better lately. I can see him being middle of the pack in the UFC. He has the striking to beat a good amount of current UFC HWs.

He has a magnificent beard. That's my opinion. He also had balls to stand up with a prime Pedro Rizzo.

I think Andre would most likely tool Lavar,Barry,Mitrione and Schaub. But then again I am a fan of his and I suppose one of those guys could catch him with a good punch but I dont think they are that likely to be able to do it as their striking is not very technical.

Yeah pat Barry has sloppy strikes /:
I think arlovski Barry would be super good

He isn't glass jawed. Nearly every guy who has hit him hits like a truck.

thanks you, first intelligent post about arlovskis chin i have seen in a while. same can be said for wandys chin. people act as if arlovskis chin is on the level of chucks. Chuck has a glass jaw now, literally. Arlovski has been hit with freakin bombs...its not exactly like heavyweights are pillowfisted. Just about any heavyweight can finish someone in one punch.

I'd like to see him back in the UFC. I can't see him ever contending for the belt again, but he'd make a great gatekeeper.

He hasn't been the same since Fedor knocked his head off. Seems like that fight just killed his chin.

He's seems to have come back a little since being KO'd by Kharitonov. The UFC should bring him back for a few fights. It's not like they're overflowing with good HWs.

And it isn't like bringing Arlovski back would actually change that overflow of good heavyweights in the division either. Honestly after that little stunt he and Sylvia pulled with Affliction, I would be reluctant to sign them ever again. Those guys fucked themselves. Took a risk and lost.

Now, if the UFC wants to add depth to the division, I'd sign Kharitonov, Barnett (yeah, another risky signing) and sure up Cormier. No need for AA.

previous top 5, never champion quality

current candidate for retirement or non ufc ghetto events

He has some fight left in him, I would love to see him rematch with Nelson.

Arlovski fights are never boring

You must have missed like 14 minutes and 40 seconds of his fight with Travis Fulton.

His most recent fight, along with his fight vs. Werdum weren't exactly edge-of-your seat affairs either.

Back