Your opinions on Andre Arlovski.

Arlovski punches pretty quick too...

he did this thing on Johnny Carson (I think it was Carson).... he lined all of these silver dollars up on his arm (with his arm extended out) and then he quickly pulled his arm back in.... and then reached back out and snatched all of the silver dollars BEFORE they even hit the ground.

Bad actor. Didn't like him in the new Universal Soldier.

If he actually moves away from punches and doesn't try to stop them with his face he could do very well.

Arlovski is a beast.

1. If he gets another decent win, then yes they should let him in. That said, I don't want to see him KTFO again, so maybe give him another year on the regional circuit.

2. He's not beating the top guys. That said he has won against Roy Nelson, Ben Rothwell, Werdum.

3. He'd be in my "Hall of the Very Good" not Hall of Fame, though he does have a spot in MMA history.

4. I think he got overconfident in striking exchanges, left his chin out, and got KTFO by heavy handed strikers. He is only 33, though has gotten KO'd about as much as anyone should in an entire career.

Noones descrediting his Wins in his Prime. I'm discussing his current situation.

Didn't sports science do an episode on him? My buddy said he hits harder than ray Lewis can bench press.

He's always had a bad chin that heavy hitters exposed. He was well rounded though, great boxing.

I want to see him back in the UFC, he would beat most of the low tier HW's IMO.

I like him very much, but he has no chance vs the TOP fighters. I would like to see him in the UFC. Im sure he can still make good fights vs middle competitors

I think Andre would most likely tool Lavar,Barry,Mitrione and Schaub. But then again I am a fan of his and I suppose one of those guys could catch him with a good punch but I dont think they are that likely to be able to do it as their striking is not very technical.

He's definitely way above their levels of skill and he's got a large fanbase, me included, so why not bring him back I suppose. I just think it'll be more of the same, how many times can you watch one of your favorite fighters getting brutally KO'd? At what point does the prospect of him stringing a couple of good wins together not outweigh the chances of him receiving a serious brain injury? For me I think I'm already there.

That said, he hasn't been KO'd in a while and Overeem's doing just fine.

Bring him back. First fight should be against Schaub.

I like him very much, but he has no chance vs the TOP fighters. I would like to see him in the UFC. Im sure he can still make good fights vs middle competitors

Well sure he would do well against middleweights, but that doesn't seem fair?

love watching the guy fight, but i think his fighting days are coming to an end. wouldn't mind seeing a fight or two in the ufc against some mid-tier opponents

I just finished reading the "Humans are physically underrated" thread, so my opinion is that a houscat>Arlovski in a fight to the death.

I would love to see him back. People harp on about Roy Nelsons iron chin...but Arlovski knocked him out. He seems to be getting his confidence back and is more exciting than alot of the UFC heavyweights. I would favor him in matches against Mir, Nelson, Kongo, Rothwell, Struve, Herman etc.

It's not our place to tell a man to quit, but I don't want to see him end up like Joe Frazier.

He is always exciting, absolutely he should be in the UFC.

On that note, i want to see Tim Silvia back too. I want to see him fight.

Put them against some up and comers, give them a 2 fight contract and go from there.

Nothing to lose.

Tim Silvia had like 3 or 4 title defenses i believe, and the UFC will not even let him back in the organization? WTF is with that?

I think he's an absolute savage. If only he knew how to keep his hands up. He's one of the best boxers in MMA history. Guy's got a 4th round KO win over Fres Oquendo ffs.

I think he's an absolute savage. If only he knew how to keep his hands up. He's one of the best boxers in MMA history. Guy's got a 4th round KO win over Fres Oquendo ffs.

Fres Oquendo is a massive win for any heavyweight boxer.

Should Andre be let back in to the UFC?

How would he do against the top 10?

How good do you think he was in the prime of his career?

Do you think that the quality of heavyweights has just went up, or father time has passed him?

Yes

Top fighters, not so good. The 10-25 range, where most of the UFC resides, perfectly fine.

Extremely good. Top 5.

A little improvement from them, but mostly that he's added mileage and age, and lost a little confidence.

Back