Your opinions on Andre Arlovski.

Should Andre be let back in to the UFC?

How would he do against the top 10?

How good do you think he was in the prime of his career?

Do you think that the quality of heavyweights has just went up, or father time has passed him?

1. If he gets another decent win, then yes they should let him in. That said, I don't want to see him KTFO again, so maybe give him another year on the regional circuit.

2. He's not beating the top guys. That said he has won against Roy Nelson, Ben Rothwell, Werdum.

3. He'd be in my "Hall of the Very Good" not Hall of Fame, though he does have a spot in MMA history.

4. I think he got overconfident in striking exchanges, left his chin out, and got KTFO by heavy handed strikers. He is only 33, though has gotten KO'd about as much as anyone should in an entire career.

I would mind seeing him back in. Then again, I don't mind guys who are professional fighters. Not everyone gets to be champion. It's okay to be good and make a living out of fighting.

he is the best offensive boxer the ufc ever had ( yeah fuck you jds nuthuggers), but his chin is so bad right now, i dont think he could bang with the big guys in the ufc anymore. if he hits first, ok, but if he gets hit its over.

Should Andre be let back in to the UFC?

Yes. He's better than plenty of guys on the roster

How would he do against the top 10?

There I think he has issues. Most of those guys can bang, but he's just as skilled as most of them

How good do you think he was in the prime of his career?

He was one of the best HWs in the world, albeit at a time when that division was very weak.

Do you think that the quality of heavyweights has just went up, or father time has passed him?

Both, though quality of opponents is the bigger factor.

I personally think that arlovsky was a beast i like the way he tuned up Roy. With that said i cant see him back in the ufc he just cant take punches anymore and at HW thats not good. If a guy like JDS was to even touch his face he'd wake up with a flashlight in his face.

They really need to get Arlovsky back into the UFC. The dude has the best MMA boxing and is always exciting to watch.

A lot of terrible match ups for him in the UFC, Dos Santos, Overeem, infact I'd favor almost any heavy hitter at this stage. I think any semi smart fighter would go for broke to test his chin and he'd lose to less skilled tenacious guys like Barry or Lavar.

Oh, Mark Hunt.

His time has passed and he doesn't belong in the UFC anymore.

Arlovski is a maddening fighter to watch. He has legit sambo skills that he doesn't use because he thinks he's a boxer. Don't get me wrong, he has developed some serious boxing skills but he doesn't have the defense or chin to play that style of game. His striking would best be used to create openings for his sambo game, not as his sole plan of attack.

He has looked good against lower level opposition but any top tier HW would put his lights out. His gameplan is an open book and any top tier HW can and will make him pay for his lousy approach. I don't begrudge him earning a living by fighting in small promotions but he doesn't belong in top 10 discussions or the UFC.

I think his chin is a little better than people give him credit for, look at who has knocked him out, and the circumstances behind it. He launched himself at an overhand right from Fedor, let Brett Rogers land several solid shots while he was backed against the cage, and the same with Sergei. All three of those guys are known for having some serious power. If anything, it's his head movement and overall defense that is the problem, not his chin. At HW, you can't let people tee off on you, they're too big and hit too hard for that shit to work.

A lot of terrible match ups for him in the UFC, Dos Santos, Overeem, infact I'd favor almost any heavy hitter at this stage. I think any semi smart fighter would go for broke to test his chin and he'd lose to less skilled tenacious guys like Barry or Lavar.

Oh, Mark Hunt.

I think Andre would most likely tool Lavar,Barry,Mitrione and Schaub. But then again I am a fan of his and I suppose one of those guys could catch him with a good punch but I dont think they are that likely to be able to do it as their striking is not very technical.

His time has passed and he doesn't belong in the UFC anymore.

Arlovski is a maddening fighter to watch. He has legit sambo skills that he doesn't use because he thinks he's a boxer. Don't get me wrong, he has developed some serious boxing skills but he doesn't have the defense or chin to play that style of game. His striking would best be used to create openings for his sambo game, not as his sole plan of attack.

He has looked good against lower level opposition but any top tier HW would put his lights out. His gameplan is an open book and any top tier HW can and will make him pay for his lousy approach. I don't begrudge him earning a living by fighting in small promotions but he doesn't belong in top 10 discussions or the UFC.

But dont you think he deserves another crack at the UFC?

Sure.... he could take a Schaub, Lavar.... but I'd keep him neck and neck with Thompson, Watkins, Crick, Watson, Franklin, Wilkins, Dennett, Smith, Lambern, Sevenesse, Zawballe, Henderkin, Jones, Addison, ****ey, McDragen, Schmitt, Mattes, Koral, LaFluer, Berry, Benneco, Nolan, Harrington, Harris, Rodgers, Sanders, Wyatt, Kinsmith, Bailey, Davenport, Grant, Green, Starks, Mangold....

but none of these are give mes. he's still gotta work for it.

I think he could still make it at boxing. Klitschkos are overrated and he has top quality stand up technique.

Glass cannon - powerful offense, lacking defense, backs up startled if tagged/pressured.

Still great fighter, and I really like his fights.

I want him back in the UFC. Worst case, you let Roy or Werdum avenge a loss. Best case, he strings a couple wins together and gets flattened by someone like overeem or jds.

Back