Social Your opinion of men who DONT take help from their wife's wealthy father?

My opinion is these men are too proud and delusional

I had a boss like this. Crap pay he choose over taking a job yet he seemed so proud. I think at first his wife respected it but not as time went by.

Do the smart thing. Kiss ass to your father in law it can take you places

109918542.jpg

gettyimages-632240038.jpg
No.

It's the difference between being a man and being a servile dog.

You either understand it or you don't

FiL wants to buy my kids good presents or treat me and the wife to some good shit, then yeah zero problems.

If he's treating you as he would the son he never had, it's a good reflection on you.

Depends on people I guess. My gf isnt wealthy so I don't have this scenario. But as I've always been, ive never wanted to do stuff like this, it makes me look bad and in a way "owe" them. and I hate debt of any sort.

I never liked the idea of someone "paying my bills for me", I look to do whatever I can as much as I can without aid. I guess my logic is based on jungle law, where we're all responsible for ourselves. While I will help others, having others take pity on me is unacceptable. Taking aid is like accepting weakness. Maybe my personality is broken, and I'm fucked up to some who reads this, but its just how I've been. Parents kind of raised me in a way to reflect this.

Last thing I need is to accept help from someone esp. a father in law, and have them exploit me over it. Eg. "why you not supporting me in this moment (or discussion)? You ungrateful fuck, forgot I gave you xyz?"

I guess really it comes down to not wanting someone to put me in a position where I'm to be exploited, my gf's family think differently. An ex as well, the ex's fam, there was a time where a neighbor of theirs basically offered to pay their electrical bill because the guy was a nosy busy body. I wouldn't do that, had a similar case, where a friend's mom basically tried to do that (force a pay and made it look like a gift) at the end I "thanked" them for their goodwill, and gave them back the money on the spot for what they did the next day. I'm not for sale, and never will be. Especially for some rich shit who thinks they can use me as a bargaining piece with a small amount of value like a servant boy.

Last edited:
I take what is given to me, not more, not less.

Except shit.
I take no shit from anyone.

Reactions: Zer
Introducing a lopsided power relationship into your personal life is a formula for misery. It can solve some problems in the short term, but make new problems in the long term.

Taking a job offering?
Dont hate it. Good idea to take it.

Handouts....this is different. Dont expect and leech off a man.

Dude putting up with a Wife is the worst of all jobs, let the guy get paid

Depends on the individuals involved and the spirit it’s being done in..

this is the main question. Aside from that I would not belittle anyone who chooses to not accept help and stand on their own. If their family are starving and they don’t accept help due to their ‘pride’ then they are shit really though.

I was raised (perhaps to my detriment) to never really accept help or ask for it. I have briefly been unemployed and never took any unemployment. I refuse free drinks at the places I go to, or did before this whole virus thing. Now if it was absolutely necessary and I had kids to feed it might be different.

Having said that I do slightly regret not taking a job I was offered by a friend but hey

If they have their own aims and ambitions then it’s fine. There’s nothing wrong with not wanting to be tethered or indebted to someone. Especially if you think they might hold it against you at some point.

And Jared Kushner might not be the best example. Especially not when you already come from money.

He and his kids will never shake the stink of being associated with Trump. The Trump brand is toxic outside of maybe Miami and Moscow. No elite western business will be in business with them ever. They will never be welcome in any major cosmopolitan American city. From NY to Florida. Manhattan to Mar a Lago. The in-house to the outhouse.

And that’s if he doesn’t end up in jail.
what are you talking about

OJ Simpson and Prince Andrew can still go places, gtfoh

Probably because you'd be living with his daughter and he wants to ensure that she is living up to his standards? If he's buying you a car or something that is a direct gift I get it, but financial assistance is just him looking after his daughter.

Honestly, If my father in law offered me assistance, the way you describe it, I'd feel insulted.

Implying that I can't take care of his daughter, is pretty shitty.

If it really was that way, his daughter would leave me. I'm married to her, not her dad, and only she gets to make a decision on if I'm good enough for her or not, fuck what others think.

Thankfully, my father in law is just a regular guy and not wealthy at all, so such conversation is extremely unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
what are you talking about

OJ Simpson and Prince Andrew can still go places, gtfoh

These people operate in generational terms. How are OJs kids doing... oh that’s right, they’re social pariahs. The Simpson name is toxic. So what he can go places? And Prince Andrew and his lot live in a protected bubble. Not an apt comparison.

Ivanka and Jared and everyone else associated with Trump are done in the circles that they like to run in. If you haven’t noticed even multinational corporations have threatened to disassociate themselves from Republican candidates for supporting them. NYC just cut ties with all Trump businesses. They’re no longer welcome in the circles they’ve grown accustomed to running in.

Yes, Jared and Ivanka will be fine... in Florida. No more NYC. No more Hollywood. No more D.C. They’re no longer welcome anywhere in the halls of big money and influence. So from Jared’s standpoint is is really a win? Remember, he already came from big money and influence. Now his name and influence are in the shitter

My opinion is these men are too proud and delusional

I had a boss like this. Crap pay he choose over taking a job yet he seemed so proud. I think at first his wife respected it but not as time went by.

Do the smart thing. Kiss ass to your father in law it can take you places

109918542.jpg

gettyimages-632240038.jpg
Yeah your friend was ashamed, If I had a rich father in law who liked me and offered me a high paying job ill gladly take it.

Have you ever had a girl from a wealthy family have a crush on you, and the feelings were not reciprocated? It's the worst.

The father knows her daughter has a crush, and when he interacts with you, he is constantly sizing you up and busting your balls.

Then he starts getting bitter and tries to make you the carrier of his shame when you don't try to live up to his expectations of what's good for his daughter.

He tries to dissuade his daughter that you are no good for her, but she is used to getting what she wants. This causes her to want you even more because now your market value is perceived to be more significant than her family's wealth, and your attention holds more weight than her father's opinion.

@Oceanmachine if you consider the real-life dynamics when punching above your weight, this type of incestual meddling and influence can cause a lot of conflicts in your relationship.

I've been offered a job by my wealthy father in law. I dont mix business with family and he and my wife get it. That was like 5 years ago, nobody is worried about it.
You coulda been CEO of the business factory by now bro

Back