Your favorite fish and how you like it cooked

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
I have been loving oven baked (easy made) Cod a lot lately. NO other fish tastes better from just getting thrown in the oven for 11-15 minutes. Maybe perch; I also love baked Perch with tarter sauce. Cod that is not overcooked, with a little Cajun seasoning is perfect, just perfect. I don't even like fried fish anymore.

What is your favorite and way you like it?

Last edited:
Tough to make a comparison with store bought, there’s no real regulation as to what it’s called. What you call “perch” isn’t actually a perch.

The best, in my opinion, is yellow perch pan fried in cracker crumbs. Second would be either bluegill or walleye, iced after being caught. Also fried in cracker crumbs.

For store bought, I do think cod is fairly tasty with minimal effort. Mahi mahi (dolphin) is good also.

Edit: Not sure how, but I forgot about crappie. That would be my number 2.

Last edited:
Salmon or tuna that has never touched heat.

Crappie fried with Cajun breading. Blue cats are good that way too.

had some blacken Chilean sea bass at a very nice restaurant near Charlotte and it was top 3 one of the best fish dishes ive ever had.

I have been loving oven baked (easy made) Cod a lot lately. NO other fish tastes better from just getting thrown in the oven for 11-15 minutes. Maybe perch, I also love baked Perch with tarter sauce. Cod that is not overcooked, with a little Cajun seasoning is perfect, just perfect. I don't even like fried fish anymore.

What is your favorite and way you like it?

I read that as farter sauce. giggity

I like Mahi Mahi. I buy frozen salmon at Costco and bake or grill. I'm with you on the fried fish.

Ceviche tostadas with all types
of seafood... octopus, trophon,
crab... all that good shit. Lots of
avocado. Thats the best & Most
cheap. But if I'm going balls out,
I'll order a pescado mojado,
some sushi (salmon or yellowfin),
or when I'm trying to make some
panties drop, I'll fry up some
brown sugar dipped salmon
& crush some pecans over it.

Walleye rolled in flour, eggs then crushed crackers and fried to a golden brown in butter.

Had Blackened Catfish on Saturday that was awesome.

You guys like fish sticks?

Fresh caught springer salmon or summer steelhead. Foiled on the grill with lemon, butter, garlic and pepper or broiled with a thin layer of mayo on top that fries and becomes no longer mayo.

I read that as farter sauce. giggity

I like Mahi Mahi. I buy frozen salmon at Costco and bake or grill. I'm with you on the fried fish.
"farter" makes you giggety? Well... We can agree on fried fish lol

Rainbow Trout, or snook, that is fried with panko, and topped with egg and diced tomatoes. A generic "Russian" style.

Salmon teriyaki how it's done in a sushi japanese restaurant

Back