Your favorite fish and how you like it cooked

Salmon is the stuff. But more my neck of the woods as far as catch and eat I always liked sunfish. Walleye too never caught one though. I just like to pan fry with a simple batter egg, flour. Salmon I lIke baked in the oven.

Last edited:
Fried Catfish
Love fried catfish

But my favorite is Mahi Mahi, grilled. The mahi tacos at South Beach Grill in San Diego are pretty amazing as well.

Is liking whitefish and picked herring weird?

Is liking whitefish and picked herring weird?

Pickled Herring in Wine is a quilty pleasure of mine.

Otherwise a southern style fried catfish or perch, good beer-battered cod, whitefish, Alaskan Sockeye or Coho on the grill.

Back in the day I used to love when my dad made broiled smelt.

carp-love.jpg

Gimme some carp in a nice mustard sauce...

the best fish i ever had was when i was at a resort in Cancun with my brother and late dad and this place had fried grouper with thai vegetables. It was literally one of the best dishes ive ever had in my life.

Salmon, either smoked or in the oven. Catfish is also good.

Walleye or speckled trout, breaded with flour, eggs, salt, pepper, garlic, and chili flakes, and fried in butter.

I live in the middle of the U.S., so I like salmon, trout, walleye, and crappie the best. Need to visit a coast soon, so I can remember what snapper and grouper taste like. I remember enjoying them very much.

Grilled Mahi Mahi with butter, lemon, garlic and black pepper.

Last edited:
Seared Ahi

Grilled Swordfish
Swordfish is hard to get right. Tried many times. Had mild success once. Cod you can throw in for 14 minutes and have it perfect. The ease to taste ratio destroys sword fish. And yes, I know how to cook.

Japanese Amberjack raw.

Steamed Parrotfish

Cod, Black Cod, Chilean Sea bass, red snapper, ahi tuna, strawberry grouper.

These are all delicious pieces of fish.

I like sushi grade salmon, and I just eat it raw, or I cook my salmon rare.

I also like Chilean SeaBass cantonese style. Hard to describe it though. It is pan seared, with some sort of marinade. I dont know how to cook it.

I have eaten a lot of home cooked chinese style fish. Like whole tilapia. It has a little ginger, scallion, and soy sauce, and is braised in a wok.

I also like panfried porgies.

And I recently tried this sweet and sour squirrel fish.

Back