Your "Favorite Films of 2016" List

I really enjoyed Eddie the Eagle, a nice feel good movie based on a true story

shit response from a shit poster with shit opinions

17k posts lmfao. Joseph, one more word from you and I'll come to New Jersey and shit on your Mother. Alright little boy?

Now stop quoting me.

17k posts lmfao. Joseph, one more word from you and I'll come to New Jersey and shit on your Mother. Alright little boy?

Now stop quoting me.
Damn a post count insult AND a mother insult? You really are a shit poster, no wonder you dont like ND

btw, check my join date before insulting the post count playboy

So triggered by it. so what a person doesn't like the movie, move on!

Hell or High Water and Arrival are the two best films I saw this year.

I also obviously enjoyed Captain America and Deadpool a lot.

Dude did you just rank The Accountant above Hail Caesar?

The Coens might have gotten a little indulgent but their film was far from the chopped up mess of cliches and bullshit that comprised The Accountant.

Even in terms of pure enjoyment I can't deal with that ordering.

I agree that The Accountant was cliche-ridden, the autism-angle being really overplayed these days. But I've never been antagonistic towards cliches just for being cliches (the end-twist was rather obtuse though).

I can't point towards much tangible that I liked in Accountant. It was just well-told and well-done. The mellowness of the direction and filmmaking mirroed the disposition of the main character.

Hail Ceasar was charming and quaint. It sort of reminded me of some of the Coens earlier works - various characters representing diffrent movements and ideologies and all that. With the main character representing Hollywood Ortodoxy -- smacking out anything unseemly in the actors that doesnt fit with the public image (communism, out-of-wedlock pregnancy, and so on). With his own moral greviances mirroing Americas greviances about the faux morality of it all.

Dunno... I saw Accountant in the cinema and Ceasar at home. Maybe I'd like Ceasar more with a rewatch.

And for the record, I found Neon Demon pretty poor.

Being unortodox does not equate being good. Being stylized does not equate with being interesting. Having a theme does not mean that the theme is deep or profound.

Refn's worst work.

And for the record, I found Neon Demon pretty poor.

Being unortodox does not equate being good. Being stylized does not equate with being interesting. Having a theme does not mean that the theme is deep or profound.

Refn's worst work.
The film was hardly unorthodox, especially if you are familiar with Refn's work. Stylization counts for something when no film comes even close to the cinematography or visual bliss of ND. At least it has a theme, unlike comic films (two of em on your list smfh)

Hell or High Water
10 Cloverfield Lane
Arrival
Hunt for the Wilder People
The Accountant

images

And that's it

This is a very underrated QT movie

lmfao!!! Can't post in mayberry without you reminding me. Fuckkk its still like 4th on my downloaded watchlist too. You are persistent, i'm going to try to watch it tomorrow when i'm off of work

A deal is a deal mate and I watched The Neon Demon. Plus, it's hardly a chore, Embrace of the Serpent is the film of the year in my opinion...

I'm sorry, but I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The Witch was shite.

It will go down as a horror classic, but I think you misread what I wrote. I didn't call it THE all time best horror film lol

I didn't misread your comment. You said it's your "alltime great horror film". o_Oo_O

Back