Your "Favorite Films of 2016" List

images

And that's it

Wasn't that 2015.

Christmas time?

The only thing I remember watching this year was...

Hands of Stone (Not epic, but an overall decent boxing flick)

10 Cloverfeild Lane (Great movie if you go into it knowing nothing about it like I did)

Deadpool (Not usually into these kind of movies, but it was pretty sweet)

Dirty Grandpa (Hilarious)

Last edited:
i liked the ghostbusters movie ):
and dory. liked them both enough to get on disc anyways.

deadpool was alright i guess.

idk, i think i didnt watch much and a lot of what i did i felt was poop (sausage party, blair witch, etc).

i also wanted to like moana more, but eh. wasnt bad or anything, but didnt hit in any of my feels lol.

Like some others have said I have not felt like this has been a great year for films but if you want 10 movies, here you go, in no particular order:

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
10 Cloverfield Lane
Race
Risen
The Witch
Captain America: Civil War
Sully
Snowden
Hacksaw Ridge
Arrival

But bear in mind that there are a few movies that very well might be on here if I had been able to get around to them:

La La Land
Lights Out
Don't Breathe
The Girl on the Train
Allied
Jackie
Midnight Special

Btw, The Witch was a great film but it was from 2015.

Only if you want to get super technical about it. It showed at Sundance in 2015. It was not really released into theaters until 2016.[/QUOTE]

I've seen 26 films this year...

Edit: As was Green Room

1. Arrival
2. Hacksaw Ridge
3. Nice Guys
4. Allied
5. The Accountant
6. 13 Hours
7. Hail Ceasar
8. Civil War
9. Dr Strange

Those are the movies that I'd rate as good-or-above of the films I've seen so far.

Really surprised to see 13 Hours on your list. Doesn't seem like the kind of movie that you'd hail.

Also, Hail Caesar was a disappointment.

Oh, I caught that one too. It wasn't bad for Michael Bay. It would probably fall in the middle of my pack.

I consider it one of Michael Bay's three truly good films, with the other two being The Rock and Pain & Gain.

All this love for Neon Demon is cringey as fuck.

We get it. You wanna be edgey....

I've seen 26 films this year...

Edit: As was Green Room

1. Arrival
2. Hacksaw Ridge
3. Nice Guys
4. Allied
5. The Accountant
6. 13 Hours
7. Hail Ceasar
8. Civil War
9. Dr Strange

Those are the movies that I'd rate as good-or-above of the films I've seen so far.

Dude did you just rank The Accountant above Hail Caesar?

The Coens might have gotten a little indulgent but their film was far from the chopped up mess of cliches and bullshit that comprised The Accountant.

Even in terms of pure enjoyment I can't deal with that ordering.

Really surprised to see 13 Hours on your list. Doesn't seem like the kind of movie that you'd hail.

It was a glossily-made action movie with lots of practicals and combat-scenes. And there was a lot of versimilatude in how it portrayed the dynamic of the situation. Some of the character-moments and attempts to plug at your heartstrings didn't work, feeling a bit obtuse, but other than that it was a good film.

4.) The Wailing

:eek: It made to US?

Not in ranking.

1. The Accountant
2. The Wailing
3. Ouija II
4. Train to Busan
5. Cold War 2 - Hong Kong crime thriller

I haven't watch much movies this year, the first half of the year have been extremely busy for me.
I remember someone recommending Neon Demon in another thread couple of weeks ago and I said I will find a way to watch it. Still haven't. Seems like a must-watch after this thread.

The Witch was terrible. When the lead actor is a goat it's bound to fail.

I've seen quite a few horror buffs here whom like it as well. Somehow, it didn't do it for me. Slow burn suspense horror usually fare well for me. But not this one. Maybe I need a rewatch?

Last edited:
blood father, rogue one, the infiltrator, capt america civil war, deadpool, in no particular order

:eek: It made to US?

Not in ranking.

1. The Accountant
2. The Wailing
3. Ouija II
4. Train to Busan
5. Cold War 2 - Hong Kong crime thriller

I haven't watch much movies this year, the first half of the year have been extremely busy for me.
I remember someone recommending Neon Demon in another thread couple of weeks ago and I said I will find a way to watch it. Still haven't. Seems like a must-watch after this thread.

I've seen quite a few horror buffs here whom like it as well. Somehow, it didn't do it for me. Slow burn suspense horror usually fare well for me. But not this one. Maybe I need a rewatch?
I downloaded it lol. Train to Busan would def be the tenth film on my list right now, forgot about that one

All this hate for ND is cringey as fuck

We get it. You don't understand films unless they involve comic book characters and trendy humor

I'm in the middle when it comes to that movie.

I thought it did some interesting things and had some incredible visuals, but I also thought the story was much too thin to sustain its running time.

All this hate for ND is cringey as fuck

We get it. You don't understand films unless they involve comic book characters and trendy humor

Get your own material please.

You're boring me.

Back