Your "Favorite Films of 2016" List

Joseph Budden

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lets see em fellas, post yours here. Will update and edit my post once i'm able to watch some of the more lauded films I have not seen (Hell or High Water, La La Land, Arrival, Moonlight. Yeah I have quite a few). But for now.....

1.) Neon Demon
2.) The VVitch
3.) The Invitation
4.) The Wailing
5.) Green Room
6.) Midnight Special
7.) The Lobster
8.) Don't Breathe
9.) The Nice Guys

This has been a shit year for films. Not even listing a 10th movie til I get to see some of the more acclaimed films.

Having a second kid ruined my viewing this year. I saw green room and the vvitch from your list and really enjoyed both

Yea overall shit year for movies (and video games).

Only one on that list i saw was The Witch (solid film, but more suspenseful than horror imo, definitely not scary at all).

I did enjoy Rogue One though

I don't know about the best but Sully was pretty good.

I was there the day the plane landed on the river. That pilot was an ace. Incredible what went wrong in such a short period of time and even more amazing is the sequence of events that went right shortly thereafter.

Last edited by a moderator:
War Dogs
The Nice Guys
Rogue One
Civil War
Everybody Wants Some
Deadpool

Slim pickings, really. Bad year for movies.

Lets see em fellas, post yours here. Will update and edit my post once i'm able to watch some of the more lauded films I have not seen (Hell or High Water, La La Land, Arrival, Moonlight. Yeah I have quite a few). But for now.....

1.) Neon Demon
2.) The VVitch
3.) The Invitation
4.) The Wailing
5.) Green Room
6.) Midnight Special
7.) The Lobster
8.) Don't Breathe
9.) The Nice Guys

This has been a shit year for films. Not even listing a 10th movie til I get to see some of the more acclaimed films.

The Witch was terrible. When the lead actor is a goat it's bound to fail.

The Witch was terrible. When the lead actor is a goat it's bound to fail.
The Witch is an alltime great horror film. Watch it with subtitles bruh, might make it more enjoyable for you (did for me)

I've seen 26 films this year...

Btw, The Witch was a great film but it was from 2015.

Edit: As was Green Room

1. Arrival
2. Hacksaw Ridge
3. Nice Guys
4. Allied
5. The Accountant
6. 13 Hours
7. Hail Ceasar
8. Civil War
9. Dr Strange

Those are the movies that I'd rate as good-or-above of the films I've seen so far.

Deadpool.

I think that, sausage party, the new ice age movie and secret life of pets are the only movies released in 2016 that I've seen so far. The joys of parenthood.

I've seen 26 films this year...

Btw, The Witch was a great film but it was from 2015.

Edit: As was Green Room

1. Arrival
2. Hacksaw Ridge
3. Nice Guys
4. Allied
5. The Accountant
6. 13 Hours
7. Hail Ceasar
8. Civil War
9. Dr Strange

Those are the movies that I'd rate as good-or-above of the films I've seen so far.
Green Room was 2016 (for us Americans at least). For The Witch, its been a shit year and I see people including it so I did. Genuinely forgot when it was released in US though.

Green Room was 2016 (for us Americans at least). For The Witch, its been a shit year and I see people including it so I did. Genuinely forgot when it was released in US though.

Apperently both of them played at festivals in 2015 before getting general releases in 2016 so I guess they both count.

Neon Demon, and it's not even close.

@Cint

God damn you're on it. @Übermacht

landscape-1466797824-hbz-elle-fanning.jpg

Maybe you should watch embrace of the serpent as per our agreement!

Maybe you should watch embrace of the serpent as per our agreement!
lmfao!!! Can't post in mayberry without you reminding me. Fuckkk its still like 4th on my downloaded watchlist too. You are persistent, i'm going to try to watch it tomorrow when i'm off of work

In no order:

Zootopia
Moana
Deadpool
Doctor Strange
Allied
Kubo and the Two Strings

The Witch is an alltime great horror film. Watch it with subtitles bruh, might make it more enjoyable for you (did for me)

You can't be serious about The Witch being the all-time best horror film?

You can't be serious about The Witch being the all-time best horror film?
It will go down as a horror classic, but I think you misread what I wrote. I didn't call it THE all time best horror film lol

Zootopia, Moana and Kubo getting a lot of love this year. Might have to watch cartoon films for the first time in forever

Back