Your Dream Watch

Old school is the best school.
creative-watches-9-1.jpg

I've been seriously eyeballing a black no date submariner lately. As ridiculous as it sounds, I'm torn between an older two liner model or a new four liner. The newer models have a ceramic bezel and are more durable - so Im told - but the older two liners just look better.
How old of a two liner are you considering? Are we talking gilt dial here? I tend to like how the vintage subs look but I'll never been a position to pick and choose. Lol.

Vintage Pepsi GMT's are so cool. The coloration of the bezels change and each one is different. I've seen some fade to a lighter blue and red where others have gone almost a deep purple.

How old of a two liner are you considering? Are we talking gilt dial here? I tend to like how the vintage subs look but I'll never been a position to pick and choose. Lol.

Vintage Pepsi GMT's are so cool. The coloration of the bezels change and each one is different. I've seen some fade to a lighter blue and red where others have gone almost a deep purple.

Old as in 2000-2007, which I believe has an aluminum bezel rather than a newer ceramic one. I'm not sure how much of a difference that really makes though.

Old as in 2000-2007, which I believe has an aluminum bezel rather than a newer ceramic one. I'm not sure how much of a difference that really makes though.
Man. Tough call. I do like that the two line dial is a bit cleaner. But I don't think you can go wrong either way. Would love to see pics of what you decide on.

You'll want the ceramic.

You a Steve McQueen fan?
No, just saw it in a store and liked it. The jeweler told me about the McQueen connection. I was about to have him take it out so I could get a closer look, but then he told me the price.

I have this watch:

star-wars-the-empire-strikes-back-burger-king-watch-han-solo-boba-fett-e5be75b978193bdf516b8e0ead35aa3f.jpg

that watch:

241120.jpg

and this watch:

Going on a $3k trip to Colombia instead of getting another watch. Rolexes are cool but too many fakes/copies floating around. If I were to get a rolex it would be b/n the explorer and DeepSea. I really like Vintage omegas and hamiltons too.

On my list:
El Primero
image-left.jpg

Zenith-El-Primero-410-Triple-Calendar-MoonPhase-Blue-7.jpg

Radiomir
Panerai-Radiomir-1940-Minute-Repeater-Carillon-Tourbillon-GMT-PAM600-5.jpg

FC

tourbillon42.jpg

tourbillon32.jpg

Piaget-Altiplano-900P-38.jpg

lambda_weissgold_tiefblau_raum01.jpg

and I've always wanted a reverso after watching the Thomas Crown Affair

P4061718.jpg

P4061717.jpg

I haven't worn a watch in a few years, but i prefer roman numerals and not too much going on with the face. Colored background is great too.
03cf1981aa9de9693b77cb4bcc631fad.jpg

rolex-cellini-roman-numeral-dial-01.jpg

I know this will be a very unpopular choice, but there is something about this watch that I love:

omega-seamaster-bullhead-watch-xl.jpg
Normally i wouldn't be into so much going on with a watch, but that thing is great. Love the shape and colors. Definite eye catcher. I just want to keep looking at it.

Wrong. A lot of people still do. I like them So I don't have to worry about pulling my phone out of my pocket. Or even bringing my phone with me. They are good if you're doing dirty hands on work.

I wish I could keep a watch more than a year. I usually go with really cheap ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back