Young Man Assaulted While Deadlifting (Video)

Deadlifts are so overrated if you want to get ripped/jacked.

However, they do make you really strong overall.

Deadlifts are literally THE worst lift. Absolutely useless for gains

I have always hated the term "gains," but I do think they apply to deadlifts in terms of strength improvement. However, I think they're garbage. Literally no one who looks healthy with a lean, muscular frame sits around all day doing deadlifts. Always stocky, oddly proportioned tree trunks sitting around doing that lift.

I'll stick with planks, pull ups, flys, and multi-function sets with high reps. And the results speak for themselves.

I hope that douchebag gets what he deserves by the law. Talk about a temper. What's so hard about waiting until he completes his set. Even then he really did nothing wrong. It's not like he was curling in the squat rack...

Anybody who does that to someone is asking to get punched in the face. Your pretty much telling that person I want to fight now throw the first punch.

You're way off. He's telling him, "hello, I would like a sandwich. Can you recommend a great deli nearby? By the way, I admire your handsome jawline."to

LOL, I always find it funny that so many dudes equate lifting a lot with being able to fight. Go take your slow movements, shitty footwork to a boxing or mauy thai gym and see how far that gets you.

LOL, I always find it funny that so many sherdoggers equate being jacked to not knowing anything about hand to hand combat. As if you can only be one or the other. Go take your false assumptions, braggadocious naivete to a real performance gym and see how far that gets you.

LOL, I always find it funny that so many sherdoggers equate being jacked to not knowing anything about hand to hand combat. As if you can only be one or the other. Go take your false assumptions, braggadocious naivete to a real performance gym and see how far that gets you.
Performance gym? What does that even mean? Like the gym I work out at?

I have nothing to prove to anyone, I've had punches thrown at me on a daily basis by people of all sizes and shapes. Some spend zero time lifting weight some did lift. But how much they could lift certainly didn't make them any tougher of a sparring partner or opponent. You have to respect the guy who is in your weight class and only 8 percent body fat as opposed to the guy who is the same weight but 20 percent body fat. In the end though, their power means jack shit if they can't throw a decent punch or defend themselves.

Guys like Tyson are rarity, I'd be more worried about the 5'9" 150 lb dude that can dance circles around me and throw lightning fast jabs that I have a difficult time parrying or blocking than some dickhead who is benching 350 lbs staring down people at the gym.. but can't even stand on the balls of his feet for more than five seconds.

Again, I'm not saying 100 percent of these people who only lift for hours on end can't fight... but I'm willing to bet 90 percent of them having trained in a combat sport at all.

And a lot of this reverts back to this stupid alpha male attitude that.... bigger and stronger automatically means I'm going to intimidate any destroy anyone smaller than me. It's like some primal bullshit that humans haven't seem to evolve from thousands of years ago. That might work in the rest of the animal kingdom where you have lions, kangaroos, etc being fueled by pure instinct and testosterone and are too stupid to know better, but this is a world we live in where people should never be underestimated because of physical attributes. Hell, I don't even like to get into confrontations on the street because I'd prefer to not get shot. Doesn't matter who the person is, won't matter much when you have a bullet in you.

He wasn’t even dropping the weights hard. I have a hard time believing someone got that angry over that.

He couldn't have been more considerate about his lifts and that dude just roid raged on him.

If you want to debate over whether the bar should be dropped or not then fine. But he could have gotten the kid's attention after the lift. The kid had earbuds on so he obviously couldn't hear the guy yelling has he walked up. He's focused on his lift. All he knows is that he brings the bar up and there's a guy in front of him all of a sudden. Then the guy is shoving the bar down with his foot and making contact with his nuts at the same time? You just crossed a line there, buddy. I hope someone does that to him someday. And then to shove the kid after he already agreed to leave. He's just being an asshole.

lul i would have beat the living fuck out of that guy

What an absolute fucking cunt, mid lift too. He could have really hurt himself.

Then I heard him talk and he’s French-Canadian, is normal.

I have always hated the term "gains," but I do think they apply to deadlifts in terms of strength improvement. However, I think they're garbage. Literally no one who looks healthy with a lean, muscular frame sits around all day doing deadlifts. Always stocky, oddly proportioned tree trunks sitting around doing that lift.

I'll stick with planks, pull ups, flys, and multi-function sets with high reps. And the results speak for themselves.

The most jacked, ripped guy I know hits deadlifts hard. I think what you're referring to is partly to do with non aesthetic lifters being more likely to be power lifters and them being more likely to be doing deadlifts.

LOL, I always find it funny that so many dudes equate lifting a lot with being able to fight. Go take your slow movements, shitty footwork to a boxing or mauy thai gym and see how far that gets you.

I always found it funny when guys under 200lbs who 'trained' realized it didn't help when they were upside down, about to be piledriven into the sidewalk outside the bars I worked in.

The most jacked, ripped guy I know hits deadlifts hard. I think what you're referring to is partly to do with non aesthetic lifters being more likely to be power lifters and them being more likely to be doing deadlifts.

Yeah, that's definitely what I was referring to. Most guys I know who are more athletic and cut work out more like I do - circuit sets, muscle failure, core, running, etc. Most people I see focusing on deadlifts are undoubtedly strong as hell, but I don't see them moving quickly over a large area or really having a physically mixed skillset.

I always found it funny when guys under 200lbs who 'trained' realized it didn't help when they were upside down, about to be piledriven into the sidewalk outside the bars I worked in.
The thing about that is, most people who train and legitimately know how to fight, usually arent in that situation. Mostly because they know better than to street fight.

One of the first things my trainer told me many years ago was "you learn how to fight so you don't have to" At least outside the gym that makes complete sense.

That was barely any noise, is the new thing at the gym dead silence?

Back