Young Man Assaulted While Deadlifting (Video)

Deadlifts are so overrated if you want to get ripped/jacked.

However, they do make you really strong overall.

Depends on your goals. Im a purple belt in BJJ and ive seen jacked guys come in and they feel like feathers on the mat. It's a trip.

I always found it funny when guys under 200lbs who 'trained' realized it didn't help when they were upside down, about to be piledriven into the sidewalk outside the bars I worked in.

I get your point, but people who seriously train ought to be confident and aware enough to avoid conflict of that nature.

I wouldn't ever confront anyone on it , because everyone has their own style , and I'm a to each their own type of dude for the most part , but goddamn if some asshole dropping the bar 30 times in his workout isn't fingernails on chalkboard type of irritating.

To me it comes down to "when in Rome" for gyms. If you go to a gym where 99% of the clientele are not making much noise then you gotta be a little be more aware of the noise levels on what you are doing. In this case of the video the kid was aware he was annoying the staff with his dead lifting as they mentioned it to him in the video description. He's clearly working out at a chain gym that almost resembles Planet Fitness in the U.S.. So my question is if you are at a gym where nobody else deadlifting, the staff confronts you about the noise then why the fuck would you then proceed to deadlift with earbuds in? I think he's clearly knew he was fucking with the staff and member(s). With that said obviously the guy is overreacting in confronting the kid but I don't think we are seeing the entire situation.

I’m guessing that dude fucked his gf

ok, this got my jimmies pretty hard

anyone does that to me, I'm going to do everything in my power to ensure they never walk properly again or breath through their nose again. I dont care if its fucking Stipe Miocic. I'll die in a bloody pulp before I let someone get away with that kind of disrespect on me

Agree vigorously with most of your post, with one caveat about the lowering phase of deadlifts; Olympic lifts and *heavy* deads are often considered two instances where you should not even fuck with the eccentric phase.
Fair enough, I don't load up heavy so I am speaking from that perspective.

Back