You know why people don't care about flw?

Cause this guys don't promote their fucking fights, chael sonnen made a video about this and he was right, henry cejudo saved the division by actually promoting his fights but the guys on the division didn't learn anything. A lot of people did not even knew this fight between benavidez and formiga was for the title this is how bad the guys are promoting their fights. I don't even care if the division goes to shit, the guys deserve it
Also just kinda unsatisfying to watch 2 grown men smaller than my 14 year old nephew. Send them to Japan and bring in super heavy weights!!!

Cause this guys don't promote their fucking fights, chael sonnen made a video about this and he was right, henry cejudo saved the division by actually promoting his fights but the guys on the division didn't learn anything. A lot of people did not even knew this fight between benavidez and formiga was for the title this is how bad the guys are promoting their fights. I don't even care if the division goes to shit, the guys deserve it
oe3.gif

People don't care about Flyweight because after last night somehow Cejudo is still the champ even though he gave up the belt at the start of the fight. Does this count as a defence for Cejudo?

For me, personally, it's two reasons.

1) The majority of them are/were castoffs from the bantamweight division who we were suddenly supposed to accept as being top, top fighters. 10lbs is absolutely fuck all, if 10lbs made a massive difference Lesnar and Carwin would have dominated HW until they retired. They didn't, they were beaten by guys weighing more than 10lbs less than them through being superior fighters.

2) The majority of them were/are boring as fuck. During the flyweight division's 'heyday' I was sick of hearing Rogan shilling for the division by constantly claiming they were 'super technical' and suggesting that anyone who found their lack of finishing ability was a fake fan/clueless. Every card FOTN was a flyweight fight, to try and brainwash fans into accepting it - they then did the same thing with WMMA for a while, but like flyweight, they gave up because they realised they weren't fooling anyone.
Preach. This is dead on.

Oh I've seen it lol. I wouldn't know anything about the norwood scale if it wasn't for sherdog
So true, I like mentioning it in my daily life just to seem educated and cultured to new ppl lol

Last edited:
DJ was never boring. He just didn't act like an asshole. There is difference TS. Seems like you're just threatened by little guys the way you're carrying on.
in cage no. but he never really sold a fight or had an interview worth rewatching.

My neighbor their son is 14 years old and he is 125 Ibs and he is a very normal sized boy.. looks slim and is average height for his age.. 125 is severely malnourished and grossly underweight for any adult male, people can not take it seriously.

The only exceptions are if you are a legit dwarf.. 3 foot too 3.5 foot.

this is 99% of the reason, not promotion, they promoted Mighty Mouse as P4P best ever even though he has been beat multiple times and has the weakest win record of any top fighter. Not even on the same universe as Jones and Cormier and GSP and many others

My neighbor their son is 14 years old and he is 125 Ibs and he is a very normal sized boy.. looks slim and is average height for his age.. 125 is severely malnourished and grossly underweight for any adult male, people can not take it seriously.

The only exceptions are if you are a legit dwarf.. 3 foot too 3.5 foot.

this is 99% of the reason, not promotion, they promoted Mighty Mouse as P4P best ever even though he has been beat multiple times and has the weakest win record of any top fighter. Not even on the same universe as Jones and Cormier and GSP and many others
I don,t really trust americans on their perception of weight, most of then are too fat to actually know what a normal weight is like

I dont think that's it I just dont think people care. They're just too small and dont have enough power in most fights for it to be interesting. WMMA is similar but they got a few stars

It's because there's no real high level fighters there. Same as WMMA.

The fact that they are small has nothing to do with it, because 135ers get a lot of love and they are barely bigger.

Nobody wants to see midgets dance around a cage for 15 minutes, let alone 25.

The further removed from heavyweight, the less important the division is. It's a simple, direct correlation.

The 125 lbs division is revered just slightly higher than WMMA. Both could disappear and very few people would be upset.

MMA fans are funny. I have never thought about size of a fighter once in MMA. That fight ended in a brutal KO. There were scrambles and exchanges. It was entertaining.

Manny Pacquiao became one of the most exciting and popular fighters ever fighting at 126 pounds. Guys like Morales, Barrera, Marquez all fought from 122-135 and carried PPVs by themselves.

Floyd Mayweather? If he cut weight he would have been a 135 guy his whole career. He fought at 130 for 1/4 of it.

Back