You know why people don't care about flw?

MMA fans are funny. I have never thought about size of a fighter once in MMA. That fight ended in a brutal KO. There were scrambles and exchanges. It was entertaining.

Manny Pacquiao became one of the most exciting and popular fighters ever fighting at 126 pounds. Guys like Morales, Barrera, Marquez all fought from 122-135 and carried PPVs by themselves.

Floyd Mayweather? If he cut weight he would have been a 135 guy his whole career. He fought at 130 for 1/4 of it.
I think there are 2 things going on making 125ers in MMA different than in boxing

1) The height of the cage makes manlets look tiny. The ropes in the boxing ring are about 4 feet tall and the cage is 6 feet tall. So a 5'3" guy looks like a dwarf in the cage and more like a normal person in the boxing ring.

2) Boxing selects more for height and has lower weight classes anyways. So at 125, a lot of boxers are like 5'6, 5'7" and the even shorter guys drop to like 115, 105 even. In MMA, they're like adding inches to get to 5'3", 5'4". You start getting weird proportions around that height. Mighty Mouse looks straight up like a black oompa loompa. Makes it weird to watch when there's 2 jacked oompa loompas fighting.

I can't take it seriously. Even though I find pro wrestling crap, it reminds me of 80's WWF where you have regular matches and then a midget intermission match to give people time to go get a drink or take a dump. I just personally don't find it entertaining or even find it very aesthetically pleasing to watch. The movements are all herky jerky, the power keeps diminishing the smaller you get and the cage appears a bit large. I had no idea there was even a belt on the line that's how much I care lol. 145 seems to be my cut off.

Cause this guys don't promote their fucking fights, chael sonnen made a video about this and he was right, henry cejudo saved the division by actually promoting his fights but the guys on the division didn't learn anything. A lot of people did not even knew this fight between benavidez and formiga was for the title this is how bad the guys are promoting their fights. I don't even care if the division goes to shit, the guys deserve it
Cejudo is horrible cringe and I don't care to watch his tiny midget ass.
I watch fighters who can fight, not ones who can make cringe posts on twitter.
Fuck the WWE era of the UFC.

The further removed from heavyweight, the less important the division is. It's a simple, direct correlation.

The 125 lbs division is revered just slightly higher than WMMA. Both could disappear and very few people would be upset.

T
I think there are 2 things going on making 125ers in MMA different than in boxing

1) The height of the cage makes manlets look tiny. The ropes in the boxing ring are about 4 feet tall and the cage is 6 feet tall. So a 5'3" guy looks like a dwarf in the cage and more like a normal person in the boxing ring.

2) Boxing selects more for height and has lower weight classes anyways. So at 125, a lot of boxers are like 5'6, 5'7" and the even shorter guys drop to like 115, 105 even. In MMA, they're like adding inches to get to 5'3", 5'4". You start getting weird proportions around that height. Mighty Mouse looks straight up like a black oompa loompa. Makes it weird to watch when there's 2 jacked oompa loompas fighting.

I guess its interesting that people watch fights with that mindset. I saw Linekar fight Dillashaw live and I never thought about how tiny they were. I was taken aback by how fast Dillashaw was with his take downs if anything.

I don,t really trust americans on their perception of weight, most of then are too fat to actually know what a normal weight is like
Nah, Americans are fitness freaks in 2020, gyms on every street corner, thats old 1980 stuff. America is not even in the top 5 for obesity, its

1. Tonga
2. Samoa
3. Fiji
4. New Zealand Maori (not the whites or asians)
5. Kuwait

Nah, Americans are fitness freaks in 2020, gyms on every street corner, thats old 1980 stuff. America is not even in the top 5 for obesity, its

1. Tonga
2. Samoa
3. Fiji
4. New Zealand Maori (not the whites or asians)
5. Kuwait
I belive its 10th place... Thats not good men and im not joking, im a skinny guy 5'11 and 145lbs and im very normal weight where im from, americans treat me like i just scaped a concentration camp so i really don't belive you guys know what a healthy person looks like

Been saying it for years, UFC treats 125 like losers.

Their #1 contender fights are on prelims, while they still force Women's #2-3 fights onto main cards.

It's hard to respect the division more than the people promoting it.

UFC don't really want it, and don't want others to have it.

Cause this guys don't promote their fucking fights, chael sonnen made a video about this and he was right, henry cejudo saved the division by actually promoting his fights but the guys on the division didn't learn anything. A lot of people did not even knew this fight between benavidez and formiga was for the title this is how bad the guys are promoting their fights. I don't even care if the division goes to shit, the guys deserve it
  1. Don't promote fights.
  2. Point fight, perpetuating the lie that smaller men can't knock each out or get submissions.
  3. Aren't active on social media in meaningful way.
  4. Lose your division
36iB5lW.gif

They just look weird. Almost midget like. Huge heads, and sometime a disproportionately large torso. I dunno why 135 doesn't look nearly as disproportionate despite not being much bigger.

I've been a pretty staunch defender of flyweight, but there's literally no point now to keeping the division. Joe, with his victory over Cejudo, would have been the only saving grace but now we don't even have a champion and half the division was let go. Just close it now, it's the best time.

Something i gotta say in this thread though. It is always beneficial to promote yourself as a fighter. Because of that, you could say that everyone should. But if you think someone HAS to promote themselves when they work for a promotion, even fooling yourself into thinking the promoter doesn't have to promote them as much as they should promote themselves, you're pants on head retarded. When a promoter, who has the pockets and resources for promotion, has a fighter who failed to be promoted, the promotion ultimately failed, not the fighter. It's literally in their name. Some of y'all are fucking dumb

Noone cares about fly weights because the entertaining illusion is destroyed. When you Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem you think, "these monsters would kill me" or "I'd have to shoot them". But that entertainment value comes from seeing extraordinary individuals fight.
As you go down the weight classes it becomes less about physical impressiveness and more about technical skill. If you saw Anderson Silva in his prime walking down the street you wouldnt think twice. But if you saw him fight it was clear his skills were something to be amazed by.

The flyweights only attraction is pure skill. And some of them do have amazing technical ability but that is offset by an utter lack of physical impressiveness.
In reality a UFC flyweight would probably beat the crap out of any untrained man. But if you have any fighting ability at all it's hard to tell yourself that guy I out weigh by 100 lbs or more would kill me on the street! In many cases it's just not true. In the cases where it is true it's hard to convince yourself that their skill makes up for the lack of physical advantage.
It's simply not entertaining.

It's funny how MMA Featherweights are considered manlets yet Welterweight boxing has always been one of the marquee divisions.

Cejudo is trying to sell, but he still looks corny and manletish while doing so.

It's better to watch FLW for the technique alone, and to hell with the rest.

Spot on.

Been saying it for years, UFC treats 125 like losers.

Their #1 contender fights are on prelims, while they still force Women's #2-3 fights onto main cards.

It's hard to respect the division more than the people promoting it.

UFC don't really want it, and don't want others to have it.

It will be changed this year they already signed David Dvořák (17-3) flyweight undefeated for 8 years

and they are in contact with atleast 6 more flyweights also trying to figure out deal with Zhalgas Zhumagalov - Fight Nights Global Flyweight Champion-(13-3)

Flyweight could get big this year

Last edited:
Think of it this way. Professional boxing has been around for 100 years and only certain weight classes are important. If a sport that has more money and notoriety couldn't promote certain weight classes, what makes people think that the UFC can magically do it? UFC can't even promote the heavyweight division nearly as good as boxing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back