You know why people don't care about flw?

75% of guys watching these fights at bars think it’s a novelty and 90% of that group falsely believes they could smash these 5’2 child sized fighters. That’s the problem, they’re too small to get respect. It’s also a very thin division with few finishes.
bantanweight is not much bigger and they can drawn so thats false

Men can’t change their height.

They’ve done the best they can with what they were given.

Maybe some of you could learn from them.

Bad thread and worse posts.

I’m 6’0 so fuck off haters.

This, people still try to make excuses about their size though, the truth is the guys are just boring, if they talked mad shit like colby they would have no problem in promoting their fights

Yeah tbh you can be boring af but if you talk shit people will tune in. This formula has basically always worked. No matter how cringe or whatever you are, people are going to watch. No one ever really classified Chael as an exciting fighter until after his relentless shit talking and almost win against Anderson. then all of a sudden people were saying they loved his aggressive style (lol) but in reality they just started to like him because of his personality.

Yeah tbh you can be boring af but if you talk shit people will tune in. This formula has basically always worked. No matter how cringe or whatever you are, people are going to watch. No one ever really classified Chael as an exciting fighter until after his relentless shit talking and almost win against Anderson. then all of a sudden people were saying they loved his aggressive style (lol) but in reality they just started to like him because of his personality.
Thats the reality, but sherdog will just deny it because it doesn't fit their narrative, the truth is trash talk is the most important thing to sell a fight but hardcore fans don't like to admit it

But honestly i don't think sonnen was boring, he was indeed agressive and he was dominant with his wrestling, of course he was not a justin gaethje but he was no jon fitch either

Cause this guys don't promote their fucking fights, chael sonnen made a video about this and he was right, henry cejudo saved the division by actually promoting his fights but the guys on the division didn't learn anything. A lot of people did not even knew this fight between benavidez and formiga was for the title this is how bad the guys are promoting their fights. I don't even care if the division goes to shit, the guys deserve it
In the Chael + Henry interview, Chael asks Henry, “Where do you want to go with this.” Henry replies, “I want to get rich like Uncle Chael.”

the video ends there, and within one week Henry unveils his triple-cringe gimmick.

Chael is a genius.

But honestly i don't think sonnen was boring, he was indeed agressive and he was dominant with his wrestling, of course he was not a justin gaethje but he was no jon fitch either

I agree he was aggressive and tbh I never really thought he was that boring but there was definitely a big shift in how people viewed his style before and after he started shit talking. In reality he had the same style throughout basically all his career but people looked more postiively on it when he became more popular.

They just aren’t big enough for me

When I’m watching MMA I require a big, HARD dude
method=get&s=luke-rockhold-01-23-2015-10-50-4-462.jpg

In the Chael + Henry interview, Chael asks Henry, “Where do you want to go with this.” Henry replies, “I want to get rich like Uncle Chael.”

the video ends there, and within one week Henry unveils his triple-cringe gimmick.

Chael is a genius.
And chael gave a bunch of shit on henry, at least he heard uncle chael and actually did something about his persona, thank god he learned to promote himself

A lot of the smaller guys come from a wrestling background and you have a lot of "wrestle/boxer" hybrid MMA guys and not many are marketable. Also most MMA fans at least on Sherdog are size Queens who have hard ons for "big men" apparently

This kind of gay shit talking doesn't happen in boxing

I agree he was aggressive and tbh I never really thought he was that boring but there was definitely a big shift in how people viewed his style before and after he started shit talking. In reality he had the same style throughout basically all his career but people looked more postiively on it when he became more popular.
Yes thats true for sure

A lot of the smaller guys come from a wrestling background and you have a lot of "wrestle/boxer" hybrid MMA guys and not many are marketable. Also most MMA fans at least on Sherdog are size Queens who have hard ons for "big men" apparently

This kind of gay shit talking doesn't happen in boxing
Most of the guys are just trolling, or in reallity they just don't want to accept the reality of the fight game

I agree with the premise. Gomi, Yamamoto (RIP) and quite a few other fighters in other orgs were small but they have had personality, charisma and a fan friendly style which made them popular.

Pretty much none of the FLW fighters are that interesting. Cejudo got a lot of opportunities and interest by trying to promote himself, despite being cringey and kinda fake.

This argument is complety bullshit, people make it because they don't want to accept this guys can't drawn because they're boring
DJ was never boring. He just didn't act like an asshole. There is difference TS. Seems like you're just threatened by little guys the way you're carrying on.

It’s a combination of things.

They’re way too technical for most of the casuals.

Every moron who has never trained in anything believes they can wreck them because they’re smaller guys.

Dana isn’t as good as a promoter as people think he is and he’s not even half as good as he thinks he is.

They lack personalities in the division because like I stated earlier people think they can wreck them. So it’s not as easy for a smaller guy to talk crap and be taken seriously.

Its too bad because they generally have extremely interesting fights because of the great scrambles. But people rather see bigger people who get exhausted quickly throw wild haymakers.

DJ was never boring. He just didn't act like an asshole. There is difference TS. Seems like you're just threatened by little guys the way you're carrying on.
Being exciting and selling fights are different things, he did not promote his fights one bit

I don't think TS is really bashing FLW for their size or style he's just saying the casual fanbase need a shit talker in the division in order to be invested in it.

Back