You know why people don't care about flw?

I don't think TS is really bashing FLW for their size or style he's just saying the casual fanbase need a shit talker in the division in order to be invested in it.
This guy doesnt know how fight promotion works is normal

No one cares about tiny little dudes.

Except maybe other tiny little dudes.

When you can pick them up with one hand and throw them across the room , no one cares

It's not beause of "men" built like kindergarten pupils going at it!?
Floyd/pacman are the 2 biggest boxers of the last 10-15 years.

Conor made his name as a fw midget.

I used to think it was about size but I've changed that view over the years because 145 and 135 got so much more interesting, and I used to even feel lesser about those divisions.

The Dillashaw vs Cogar fights were as good as MMA gets, and they were fought at 135. Everyone was interested in TJ vs Cejudo at 125 due to the matchup, that's what it's about.

Its because people don't want to watch fighters half their size who could kick the living shit out of them.

Cause this guys don't promote their fucking fights, chael sonnen made a video about this and he was right, henry cejudo saved the division by actually promoting his fights but the guys on the division didn't learn anything. A lot of people did not even knew this fight between benavidez and formiga was for the title this is how bad the guys are promoting their fights. I don't even care if the division goes to shit, the guys deserve it

Thammanoon Niyomtrong

Wanheng Menayothin

Artem Dalakian

Some boxing champions
Most boxing fans have no idea who they are
Maybe because they don't promote their fights, right?

I'm a hardcore and I had no clue Benavidez vs Figuereido was for the title lol

The lower the weight, the less likely the ko. I saw some statistic that showed the higher the weight the more likely they were. The “OMG” aspects just aren’t as prevalent.

Idk how true it was. I personally don’t enjoy the lower weight class bouts as a main or co main in the men’s division but they deserve and have earned some respect.

True. I see three reasons though - them not promoting their fights, the division being shallow (P4P they are far from the top) and boring “wow such high pace and OMG so technical!” UD fights. Kill the division and let them move up to BW and those (most) that can’t win fights at BW get cut.

I was gonna talk about a lot of shit about how the Flyweights need to try and promote themselves better but then I did a little reseach. Apparently Benavidez has been trying. He even got himself on Kelly and Ryan, and Anatomy of a Fighter but I guess none of it really caught on. Shit luck. I guess none of the guys on the roster have that "it" factor.

no matter what Joe-B does, i'll always remember him by this

Because men think they can beat a dude who is 5 foot 4 135 pounds as thats the size of a kid.

Yes right

So the big guys promote their fights, while the smaller guys don't.
It's a mistery, no?

Stipe is a promoter.
Woodley was a promoter, lots of charisma.
Usman same, lots of charisma.
Yoel... people love him because he promotes his fight.
As they did with Anderson Silva.

Dude, people don't care because the fighters are too small and the competition is very weak.
MMA fighters don't care about FLW.
They care about some BW like Cody, TJ, Cruz, Yan.
They care about FW, LW and the others.
Not about FLW.
MM had some fans because he defended so many times and because he is one of the best.

Boxing fans don't care about Mini FLW, Light FLW, FLW, Super FLW and BW (except Rigondeaux)
Wanheng Menayothin is 54-0. What a record. Everybody should know his name.
But no!
They start to care from FW and only a little there.

So the big guys promote their fights, while the smaller guys don't.
It's a mistery, no?

Stipe is a promoter.
Woodley was a promoter, lots of charisma.
Usman same, lots of charisma.
Yoel... people love him because he promotes his fight.
As they did with Anderson Silva.

Dude, people don't care because the fighters are too small and the competition is very weak.
MMA fighters don't care about FLW.
They care about some BW like Cody, TJ, Cruz, Yan.
They care about FW, LW and the others.
Not about FLW.
MM had some fans because he defended so many times and because he is one of the best.

Boxing fans don't care about Mini FLW, Light FLW, FLW, Super FLW and BW (except Rigondeaux)
Wanheng Menayothin is 54-0. What a record. Everybody should know his name.
But no!
They start to care from FW and only a little there.
Stipe fights were never that big what you talking about lol, the biggest drawn in boxing was a midget so was in mma

Cause this guys don't promote their fucking fights, chael sonnen made a video about this and he was right, henry cejudo saved the division by actually promoting his fights but the guys on the division didn't learn anything. A lot of people did not even knew this fight between benavidez and formiga was for the title this is how bad the guys are promoting their fights. I don't even care if the division goes to shit, the guys deserve it
I think it's because the finish rate is so low. Same reason most don't like WMMA, the threat of the KO is so low at that weight, doesn't get people excited knowing a fight is way more likely than not going to Dec. Couple that in with the lack of depth in the weight class, you get one sided, boring fights that no one wants to see. If they were KOing people on a more consistent basis than no one would give a fuck that they are small

It's all of the above. From the debut of 125 till now, nothing has worked out from a fan interest standpoint.

They shouldn't have to act like jackass clowns to get recognition though. It's just a tough sell until they have a long history of being in the spotlight.

Stipe fights were never that big what you talking about lol, the biggest drawn in boxing was a midget so was in mma

Irony and sarcasm aren't you friends, I guess.

Back