You can't accuse Cowboy of throwing fight, but you're idiotic if you aren't suspicious

Nah, they pay him all that money because he attracts the drama craving general public better than anyone ever has which is what the UFC relies on to make big money themselves.
DETECT THE SARCASM MAN

UnrulyLivelyArrowworm-max-1mb.gif

It’s more idiotic to think cowboy had a chance. He doesn’t beat anyone great.
Fixed. And yes. Never not ever. The only ones arguable might be Eddie Alvarez and the robbery of Benson Henderson. He has Barboza too but that is the reason I could never consider Barboza or Alvarez elite skill wise no matter how much they climbed the ranks.

Generally the idea of a fight being fixed doesnt even enter peoples heads because theres no reason to suspect it. But this one had people prior to the fight already entertaining the possibility of Cerrone taking a dive, and then the fight played out exactly as it would if it was indeed fixed to make Conor look good. Its not driven by Conor hate either because nobody thought the Aldo fight was a dive.

DETECT THE SARCASM MAN

UnrulyLivelyArrowworm-max-1mb.gif
Haha, I know you well enough that I should have but it's late and I'm tired of so I guess I'm not on my A game. My apologizes dude.

Sherdoggers think every McGregor fight is rigged (except when he loses, weirdly).

I'd say it was made clear that the fight is to be a standup fight if bonuses are to be paid. Maybe he also thought this is his retirement payday and didn't train hard at all.

He was probably paid to keep it standing.

Doubt it was to lose.
And that's why he IMMEDIATEY shot for a takedown???
Diaz, Conor threw one left straight and Cowboy ducked under it and shot for TD! You did not see that?
He got hit with like 10 unanswered shots
Davey, Cowboy is rarely if ever throwing counters. He waits for you to stop throwing and then he goes.

And I wanted to start a thread about this, but decided to not flood.
Cowboy is absolute garbage vs other strikers. With very few exceptions he lost every fight vs capable striker he ever had. He mostly beats wrestlers/grapplers. His striking defense is shyte! Some ppl will say "He is bad against boxers". Yeah, but he is bad against kickboxers too. He can't evade kicks to save his life, he takes them or checks them. I've never seen him to pull his leg to avoid legkick or to lean back to avoid head kick. The guy's striking only really shines when fighting short and stocky wrestlers who throw predictable loopy shots. But when it's a real striker against him, he shits the pants. It may sound like hating on the guy that lost 3 in a row, but it's not hate, it's the truth.

How on earth is this a suspicious fight? Here we go mate, here's a couple of facts for you:

1) Donald Cerrone mentally folds in every single high-profile/crucial fight he is given. He is finished regularly in such situations.

2) Cerrone is a good striker but not great - great strikers wipe the floor with him. Conor is quite possibly the best striker in the entire sport.

Nothing to see here. Cowboy bit off more than he could chew and got finished quickly, predictable fight.

looking back at it looks suspect asf why would you clinch with somebody just so you could stall for 20 seconds without exploding or doing any advancements. headkick might have have rocked cowboy,but cmon he showed 0 heart in recovery... this shit stinks whole card + main event was subpar

or maybe cowboy just shut down mentally and all the lights got to him causing him to freeze...
Yeah, no one clinches and does nothing for 20sec. Look at Holm in the prior fight, thats how active you should be. Good observation skills. Oh, that was sarcasm since you obviously don’t observe reality very well.

Didn't you guys see, when Connor throws that first punch Cerrone ducks it and his head collides with Connors leg. He's rocked by this. The shoulders in the clinch just rocked him some more.

I dont think he threw the fight, But I totally understand why people are suspicious. They picked him perfectly. They saw the fight with Tony and were like holy shit this guys done. Probably said look we are looking for a guy who wont insult conor,we would be very grateful. You could be that guy. They knew his demeanoer being what it was,they aint got shit to worry about,and the favorable stylistic matchup part would take over.

Pretty much this. I mean we all knew Conor was going to get a match for him to look impressive in. It was discussed to the death. The fact that Conor looked impressive just highlights the Good job Dana and UFC did in bringing Conor back. It's not like Cerrone did anything out of character. It wasn't a dive. It was just perfect match making from the UFC for their most important asset

Conor’s never shown an ability to end fights early, and Cowboy always starts raring to go, so I for one am suspicious.
most of his wins ended in the first round
no wonder you're suspicious lol retard

It’s more idiotic to think cowboy had a chance. He doesn’t beat anyone good.

Depends, are you suspicious Cowboy took a dive? Because my point is that is more idiotic.

You bring up a good point, but am I an idiot for expecting someone who has the most Ws and finishes in the UFC to at least throw a punch for 40 seconds?

Donald Cerrone - Most Wins in the UFC
Donald Cerrone - Most finishes in the UFC
Donald Cerrone - 0 punches/ 0 strikes landed in the biggest fight of his career

Did I think Cowboy had a chance? ...To throw 1 punch or land 1 strike: Absolutely
Am I suspicious Cowboy took a dive? I've seen many fighters look like they are taking dives. I can't prove it but I would be suspicious if a fighter does not try and defend themselves up to previous standards

...Cowboy does well against mediocre to good fighters or great fighter so the heavy decline. But folds against good fighters...Cowboy didn’t have a chance here. He is a top 5 at LW and a top 10 at WW...

<TrumpWrong1>

Lightweight/ Khabib, Ferguson, Gaethje, Poirier, Felder, Hooker, Lee, Gillespie, Islam, Ferriera
Welterweight/ Usman, Woodley, Masvidal, Edwards, Colby, Wonderboy, RDA, Maia, Luque, Neal

Cerrone seemed way too "fine" and "cool" with getting absoutley starched with total ease.. it didn't sit well with me. The whole thing was weird. He talked and talked and talked on how he was gonna do this and that, but he just wilted and wanted out after a few shots and didn't want to fight back.

The fight was not fixed like many claim, I believe it was legit.. But I feel like you have already lost when you are so fine and cool with losing.

Back