You can't accuse Cowboy of throwing fight, but you're idiotic if you aren't suspicious

I only watched the fight once and To me it looked like:conor tried to take him out with the left hand,and when he missed he tried to compensate and land a knee
Cowboy ducked under for a takedown but didnt commit all the way cos he thought about the knee..and from there...dude just froze up completley

Lol you guys and your conspiracies

<36>

He handpicked a shot fighter, the result shouldn't shock anyone.

You’d be an idiot if your opinion was swayed by a forum post claiming you’re an idiot if you don’t believe their view.

Conor’s never shown an ability to end fights early, and Cowboy always starts raring to go, so I for one am suspicious.

Everyone in this farce knew what role to play.

We can discuss semantics all day, but you'd have to be pretty gullible to believe that outcome was anything but a foregone conclusion.
  • Maybe Cowboy's just shot as a fighter.
  • Maybe no official agreement needed to be made, but Dana said with a *wink* "Wanna make 2 million bucks, Cowboy?"
  • Maybe it was all co-ordinated.
The only thing you need to remember in ALL of this is that the UFC has a significant interest in keeping Conor marketable with the least amount of plausible deniability. We're talking a difference of 10s of millions of dollars if Conor maintains his bankability. Cui bono, indeed.

Cowboy took the money and ran. If his body is truly shot, then I don't blame him. Retire in comfort.

As much as the MMA community doesn't want to hear it, Stephen A. Smith was 100% right in his assessment.

It’s more idiotic to think cowboy had a chance. He doesn’t beat anyone good.

Shoulder combo’s are the new trend in 2020 lol

That part of it was so ridiculous.

There are any number of ways a fighter's muscle memory reacts to a hit like that. Clinching, shooting for the takedown, creating distance, etc.

Christ, they might as well have had Elton John in there with Conor.

The truth is in the middle

they didnt tell conor to take a dive,prob didnt even hint at it. They just saw Cowboy as a shot fighter who conor matches up well with stylistically,but also a chump who was fit to be had,and he played right into their hands.

It went so well that people are pissed off. Including me hahaha

looking back at it looks suspect asf why would you clinch with somebody just so you could stall for 20 seconds without exploding or doing any advancements. headkick might have have rocked cowboy,but cmon he showed 0 heart in recovery... this shit stinks whole card + main event was subpar

or maybe cowboy just shut down mentally and all the lights got to him causing him to freeze...
Good point! 30+ fights in the UFC and spot light got to him. Great analysis. Dead on.

The fight was always going to be fixed if Conor won. His whole career has been fixed according to the same people.

it must be absolutely awful to be that fucking stupid.

I don't think they would need to pay Cowboy off to loose against Conor, but how can anyone deny that the fight was weird as hell. Cowboy reacted like a frail old man while Conor peppered him with a thigh to the cheek, hopping shoulder strikes and a toe kick. It has that same funk about it as Mayweather vs Tenshin.

We're talking a difference of 10s of millions of dollars if Conor maintains his bankability. Cui bono, indeed.

Right. So you're gonna risk a billion pound company for a bump in a ppv.
McGregor's next fight, they pay that dude off too? No? So the hype ends there then right?
What you're talking about is illegal. It destroys the integrity of the sport, would essentially kill the UFC if it ever got out. UFC just signed a deal with ESPN.

So they risk all of the above for 1 or 2 ppvs.

I do believe where there is money there can be corruption but not like this. You don't risk billions, future of the company for a ppv.

EDIT, lol forgot about all the shit floating around Conor. So they risk everything for this guy as well. I hope he stays clean and fighting but if in 6 months he was in trouble again would you be surprised?
Rewatch the fight. Cowboy ducks a punch his head snaps into a hip/thigh - every other second after that something hits him that damages him.

For the amount of shame that comes from getting hit 19 times and not hitting back once.... I don't think many UFC fighters of notoriety would take a dive in that way.

Also, it looks suspicious. If you're going to try to fool the people - taking 19 shots in 45 seconds and allegedly getting your nose broken before having the fight called off is about the most suspicious dive a fighter in Donald's position could take.

I don't know if Donald could possibly be bought off or not, but I don't think what we just witnessed would be how it would go down, if he could.

McGregor's next fight, they pay that dude off too? No? So the hype ends there then right?
What you're talking about is illegal. It destroys the integrity of the sport, would essentially kill the UFC if it ever got out. UFC just signed a deal with ESPN.

I do believe where there is money there can be corruption but not like this. You don't risk billions, future of the company for a ppv.
This too.

Cowboy just started slow and got quickly overrun by an aggressive and accurate fighter.

You don't need a formal conspiracy when like interests converge. It probably went something like this.

Dana: "Hey Cowboy, how you holding up?"
Cowboy: "Well, I've currently got 7 fractures and a torn rotator cuff. My digestion is still fucked up from the intestine operation. The CTE doesn't seem to be improving, but who cares? Look, I just like to fight. Got anything for me?"
Dana: "Want to fight Conor?"
Cowboy: "Hell yes! Are you offering me 200K again? That would be fucking awesome."
Dana: "Actually, we're offering you 2 million."
Cowboy: "IN!!!!!!"

It’s more idiotic to think cowboy had a chance. He doesn’t beat anyone good.

You bring up a good point, but am I an idiot for expecting someone who has the most Ws and finishes in the UFC to at least throw a punch for 40 seconds?

You don't need a formal conspiracy when like interests converge. It probably went something like this.

Cerrone was a favourable matchup? Not many would disagree. Still not a fix.
As long as Cerrone went in there and tried to give it his best then there is NO conspiracy.

As for the idea his coaches or Dana would make the fight with Cerrone disclosing injuries, that's a very hard sell.

Hey Cowboy, on the biggest fight of your career you're gonna take a dive in the most humiliating way possible. Good lad.

Last edited:
All kind conspiracy theory. Conor just busted up the nose Cerrone and that's it.
I'm not a Conor fan, but he won. Conor still proved he's dangerous, at least in round 1 and 2. The later rounds remains a bit questionable to me.
I think Masvidal could make it Conor pretty difficult.

It wasn’t a fix, but it definitely was a set up. Having said that Donald’s actions or lack there of while clinched are pretty inexplicable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back