You can't accuse Cowboy of throwing fight, but you're idiotic if you aren't suspicious

They didn’t FIX the Cowboy vs Conor fight.

Dana White probably offered Cowboy a nice fat, backroom bonus for “Making it a good fight.”

Which basically means keep it standing and if you happen to get caught, so be it.

And all perfectly legal.

Yeah, I know what you're saying, but I don't really buy that either.

I mean, it wouldn't be as bad as a fix, but even that is still going to look bad if it comes out publicly.

And if the plan was for Cowboy to keep it standing, then what happened? Didn't he pretty much duck under for a take down as soon as the jumping knee came at him?

I am not saying that it was a fix but many things about this fight were suspect.

Yet you have the hordes of sherdog bums insulting the people who question it.

And BTW, "fixing" and "a dive" are all relative notions. People imagine Cowboy and Cerrone sitting in some dark room with Dana giving instructions in order to rig some betting. No it's not like that.
What I can imagine is some "outside consultant" or whatever letting Cowboy understand that he is not expected to "put himself in danger" and that he will be "well taken care of", given that most are "aware that this is the end part of his career", etc. This is what I can imagine happened. Very difficult to prove and it does the job.

Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser. - Lombardi

Yeah, I know what you're saying, but I don't really buy that either.

I mean, it wouldn't be as bad as a fix, but even that is still going to look bad if it comes out publicly.

And if the plan was for Cowboy to keep it standing, then what happened? Didn't he pretty much duck under for a take down as soon as the jumping knee came at him?

“Not trying hard” doesn’t necessarily mean taking a jumping knee in the face either. The takedown was nowhere close to happening and no attempts at reshoots either.

Khabib was sprawled on and kept fighting for every inch. Cowboy offered no real offense. Either he’s that bad, shot or didn’t care to win.

It’s all three most likely and that’s why he was chosen, he’s cool with losing and not really willing to get down and dirty.

That’s throwing the fight from my own, personal perspective. Not a legal definition but for all intents and purposes....

He was probably paid to keep it standing.

Doubt it was to lose.
He went for the take down immediately lmao and ate a knee. Cerrone didn't throw the fight just got destroyed by a much better striker.

I am not saying that it was a fix but many things about this fight were suspect.

Yet you have the hordes of sherdog bums insulting the people who question it.

And BTW, "fixing" and "a dive" are all relative notions. People imagine Cowboy and Cerrone sitting in some dark room with Dana giving instructions in order to rig some betting. No it's not like that.
What I can imagine is some "outside consultant" or whatever letting Cowboy understand that he is not expected to "put himself in danger" and that he will be "well taken care of", given that most are "aware that this is the end part of his career", etc. This is what I can imagine happened. Very difficult to prove and it does the job.

Fookin exactly.

I don’t see why this is so hard for Sherbros to recognize.

Lol, even if that was the case, which it's not but I'll entertain the idea. There is no way they'd make it that obvious, especially considering it was already talked about in the media leading up to the fight.

I dont think he threw the fight, But I totally understand why people are suspicious. They picked him perfectly. They saw the fight with Tony and were like holy shit this guys done. Probably said look we are looking for a guy who wont insult conor,we would be very grateful. You could be that guy. They knew his demeanoer being what it was,they aint got shit to worry about,and the favorable stylistic matchup part would take over.
Wut

Conor’s never shown an ability to end fights early, and Cowboy always starts raring to go, so I for one am suspicious.

Well, now you are just talking crazy Conor has 18 KOs in the first 2 rounds. Five of those KO’s happened quicker than this ( that’s almost 30% of his victories ended in less than 40 seconds). Conor is known for ending fights early. He’s literally been doing it his whole career

I dont like mc gregor but he did the job against an old and battered fighter.
His set ups were good and cowboy bite, he was headkicked for that, end of story.
Mc Gregor has always been very dynamic in the 1st round, he has great stand up and superior killer instinct but he has a shitty cardio and no ground game, cowboy was simply not the guy to test those weak spots in conors game

Leave throwing fights to Bellator. UFC hasn’t gotten to that point...yet.
RegularTalkativeKakarikis-size_restricted.gif
Does Fedor have any legit wins or is the Maldonado robbery only one where you can argue it was just poor reffing and not staged?

I only watched the fight once and To me it looked like:conor tried to take him out with the left hand,and when he missed he tried to compensate and land a knee
Cowboy ducked under for a takedown but didnt commit all the way cos he thought about the knee..and from there...dude just froze up completley
Non of this happened accept the trying to take him out quickly part and Donald being caught off guard and ducking under it which resulted in him running into Conors leg as the extremely over extended and off balance Conor after missing took a necessary step forward to try and catch his balance.

If Cowboy hadn't been there to give him something to grab onto his forward momentum would have most likely caused him to fall to the ground or head first into the fence.

After this sequence Conor put on a spectacular performance but the opening was far from brilliant and he did not try to compensate for the missed punch by throwing a knee, the knee was incidental contact based on Donald being caught off guard and ducking in a panic, not shooting for a TD, and Conors forward momentum naturally forcing a forward step to avoid falling over since he ended up extended well over his center of gravity when the punch missed.

I find it hard to believe anybody in that split second could consciously attempt to throw a knee strike while their natural instinct would also be going into autopilot self preservation mode trying to regain balance and avoid falling.

Fookin exactly.

I don’t see why this is so hard for Sherbros to recognize.

People on this website have a below-average collective IQ and tend to be extremely binary. YOu can see this a lot.

He was probably paid to keep it standing.

Doubt it was to lose.

I think Conor fought Cowbiy at a time when he was able to beat him and Tko him so easily

It wasn't like Cerrone was in a winning streak

I also don't think the fight was fixed, but certaibly agree with the above. Cerrone felt like a sacrificial lamb all along, and certainly looked the part during the fight.

I've seen some people I knew from high school post a few times on FB that the fight was rigged. Those same dumb dumbs thought Anderson Wiedman, Jones Shogun, Conor Aldo were all fixed too.

For character reference on these guys; one believes the earth is flat, one has a severe brain injury and the other smokes crack. All you 'fixed theorists' should know you're in good company.

I find it hard to believe anybody in that split second could consciously attempt to throw a knee strike while their natural instinct would also be going into autopilot self preservation mode trying to regain balance and avoid falling.
Thats why they pay Conor all that money!

giphy.gif

You’d be an idiot if your opinion was swayed by a forum post claiming you’re an idiot if you don’t believe their view.

Conor’s never shown an ability to end fights early, and Cowboy always starts raring to go, so I for one am suspicious.
Conor's got 16 first round finishes from 28 fights you fucking muppet. He starched the FW Goat in 13 seconds. Dumbest comment of the day so congratulations I guess.

Thats why they pay Conor all that money!

giphy.gif
Nah, they pay him all that money because he attracts the drama craving general public better than anyone ever has which is what the UFC relies on to make big money themselves.

You’d be an idiot if your opinion was swayed by a forum post claiming you’re an idiot if you don’t believe their view.

Haha, this is an obvious troll attempt unless a guy with a 2015 join date has somehow never seen Conor or Cowboy fight which is highly unlikely.

I'm sure you will get many bites on it though from enraged fans of both sides so well played. Lol.

Back