You can't accuse Cowboy of throwing fight, but you're idiotic if you aren't suspicious

looking back at it looks suspect asf why would you clinch with somebody just so you could stall for 20 seconds without exploding or doing any advancements. headkick might have have rocked cowboy,but cmon he showed 0 heart in recovery... this shit stinks whole card + main event was subpar

or maybe cowboy just shut down mentally and all the lights got to him causing him to freeze...
Cowboy is known to be a slow starter so Conor went at him with full power and aggression. Lawler did too but Cerrone threw punches
To the side of the head and Cerrone has a good chin and rolled/ blocked them. Conor used his boney shoulder and jammed his nose

He was probably paid to keep it standing.

Doubt it was to lose.
Yeah, he had so much time to determine the outcome of the fight by choosing to only stand in the first 3 seconds before he began getting his ass kicked for 37 more seconds.

I dont think you can throw a fight that quickly, or break your own nose. Are people suggesting he facebutted Conor's shoulder? Haha

Who is more suspect? Rampage vs. Fedor or Cerrone vs. Conor?

If you an mma fan then you know cowboy tends to fold real fast specially in main event fights thats the reason why he never won a belt you also know this is why the ufc matched him up with conor in the first place every mma fan know that if anybody fought conor it should have been Justin gaethje

Oh stop ( and I cant stand Conor). Cerrone , who is a lightweight, has tried everything possible in career to possibly put himself at the doorstep of title town. A brief stint at 170 only cemented the fact that he belongs at 155. Everyone cant be champ or get a title shot or even be a fixture as a top 5 fighter. Cerrone, an exciting fighter, never fell into any of these categories. He is now in point of career where he has to be seeing that light at end of tunnel. Hes barely a gatekeeper at this point. This is a fight forum and I'm just shooting straight. I like Donald and he does own other accomplishments at highest level of sport.
We've seen Donald wilt under a heavy body or head shot before. Conor came out and blasted him.....end of story. Conor doing this to this version of Cerrone was nothing special.

Stay tuned..... I'd like to see Conor go out and beat a top 155er and I'll give him his deserved just due. Dont get wrapped up in Dana's words. He lies more than he tells the truth. He'll look you dead in the eyes and tell you that his nephew beat the best version of Donald Cerrone in seconds and may have simultaneously broke his orbital and nose with one kick.

If a fight was going to be thrown all the coaches would probably know about it and I don't think they would be cool or okay with that idea and goes against what they believe .

There wouldn't be a financial incentive for them directly I would think so I don't think they would support the idea

Also I do t think Cerrone would do something like that unless the financial reward was an offer he couldn't refuse

I think Conor fought Cowbiy at a time when he was able to beat him and Tko him so easily

It wasn't like Cerrone was in a winning streak
This is entirely incorrect and throwing a fight requires involving as few people as possible to avoid a papertrail. There is literally zero benefit to telling your coaches about it. What are they gonna do: help you run extra drills in practice to fake getting KOed?

Not saying it was fixed; but you're building false premise.

Guy with a 90% ko/tko rate finishes guy that has gotten brutally finished in his last two fights

suspicious

I won't go a far as to say the fight was fixed but just like Conor suits it was tailor made for him knowing that Cowboy is a notoriously slow starter and that self confession video that was put out during fight week with Cowboy confessing just how nervous he really is leading up to fight was just fuel and juice for a guy like Conor to come out like fire at the bell.

A 40 second fight is impressive and unimpressive at the same time impressive that you can do it so fast, unimpressed that fight fanz didn't get to see more of your work and toolbox but get in and out is always best. But seeing how quickly sh!t was done a very quick turnaround and a name called out would've been nice...

Cowboy has lost 3 in a row

he is the next coming of Chuck Liddell

I don't know if people just easily forget, but Cerrone has done this before in the first. RDA starched him quick and left me feeling robbed in their title fight rematch. He's an odd one.

It's almost even worse, nothing even hits him here but I believe a body shot hurt him before this.

AntiqueUntriedGerenuk.gif

this is all in under a minute in a title fight

Last edited:
I'm not suspicious.

Then again, I'm not dumb enough to think that an enormous entity like WME would risk the absolute legal and public shit storm they would have to deal with if they got caught fixing fights. Good luck dealing with the fucking commissions, too, if they got caught.

Pretty sure they're not going to endanger their 4 billion dollar company so they can give Conor a win and make what? Under a hundred million for the fight? Plus another hundred million when they line him up against whatever champ they decide on?
Right. Corporations never cheat or use unscrupulous tactics. Dumbass fool

If you an mma fan then you know cowboy tends to fold real fast specially in main event fights thats the reason why he never won a belt you also know this is why the ufc matched him up with conor in the first place every mma fan know that if anybody fought conor it should have been Justin gaethje
Yeah cause if a fight were to be fixed/favored they'd totally pay someone famous for their granite chin to fold extra suspiciously, not someone who could be dismissed for the reasons you've stated. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm not suspicious.

Then again, I'm not dumb enough to think that an enormous entity like WME would risk the absolute legal and public shit storm they would have to deal with if they got caught fixing fights. Good luck dealing with the fucking commissions, too, if they got caught.

Pretty sure they're not going to endanger their 4 billion dollar company so they can give Conor a win and make what? Under a hundred million for the fight? Plus another hundred million when they line him up against whatever champ they decide on?
Within the last week 2 major sports franchises worth 2-4 billion each were caught using an advanced schemes of video taping and code cracking to rig an entire series of baseball games involving dozens of players and support staff.... and you think it's impossible that 3-4 executives at a secretive private company famous for its shady contracts could arrange for a single athlete to take a punch for money in a sport where they already agree to take money in exchange for getting punched, leading to an instant $100,000,000+ brand boost for Conor/UFC? The entire payroll of the teams caught cheating in baseball per year is about the same as what a year of Conor PPV's generates (2x ppvs @ 50 mil each for 100 mil total)

Last edited:
This is entirely incorrect and throwing a fight requires involving as few people as possible to avoid a papertrail. There is literally zero benefit to telling your coaches about it. What are they gonna do: help you run extra drills in practice to fake getting

Not saying it was fixed; but you're building false premise.

If you been training with your coaches for years and years and your going to throw a fight you think that you wouldn't tell them about it or they wouldn't be in on it is hard to believe . They are with you every day training for hours and hours each day practically like family . So if your going to take a dive there is a good chance they would be able to see something is not right .

No ones creating a false premise it's opinion
Have you ever been a fighter or trained with more than one coach . First of all if you are taking a dive and they don't know about it your basically decievimg the very people who actually care about you as a person and a fighter as well .

This doesn't look like something Cerrone would do .

Haters already had that narrative planned out before the fight so they were always going to say it was a fix lmao. Before the fight it was all "Cerrone knows what to do" "Cerrone just going to show up and take the L for a pay check" etc...

Yeah cause if a fight were to be fixed/favored they'd totally pay someone famous for their granite chin to fold extra suspiciously, not someone who could be dismissed for the reasons you've stated. :rolleyes:
What i was saying is i dont think this was a dive i just think cowboy folds fast the reason conor should fight gaethje is cause he would be a real challenge to conor and cowboy just wasn't that never said shit about gaethje taking a dive

I'm not suspicious because it's on par with who Cowboy is

Did you watch his rematch against RDA?

Please watch Donald's initial TD attempt and tell me that is on par with any of his past fights, let alone being one of the worst TD's I've seen in a main event that wasn't panic wrestlinf

Haters already had that narrative planned out before the fight so they were always going to say it was a fix lmao. Before the fight it was all "Cerrone knows what to do" "Cerrone just going to show up and take the L for a pay check" etc...

By haters you mean the media???

What?
Literally before the fight Cowboy was doing suspect shit trying to reassure the public how totally not fixed the fight was gonna be, to which a bunch of folks like myself said "yeah this sounds exactly like someone who is gonna lose a standup exchange"
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ors-hes-paid-to-take-a-dive-vs-conor-mcgregor

Back