International You are Australian and want to return from India? 5 years of jail await you.

True. Seems a very scary path to go down though. Not a big CTer on power trips from Covid but they seem to have a basis in reality
Agreed here

The Conspiracy part is just the great reset stuff like like the non-sense " its the big busineses that organized this which is ridiculous because big buisneses like airlines and hotel chains got hit too. But we already both agree that is non-sense

And I am not even going to talk about Bill Gates and his Pedo Chips.

But for sure in any crisis bad actors will capitalize and more often than not they are also too icompetent and fuck things up further and totally focused on what they can gain and ignore the dangers ofthe crisis not realizing they will be threatened by the pandemic in the long run if things gets way out of hand.

Governments are inherently corrupt and incompetent when faced with an overwhelming crisis they either pretend there is no crisis i.e.Brasils BalsssoNarrow or try to strong arm the situation and find a one size fits all solution that will cost them less financially. i.e don't make testing mandatory just shut every thing down and hope the virus will go away next month.

I have seen this played out in all the natural calamities that hit our country.

Some even proposing to enact martial law or even suspend elections.

I remember Sen.Bong Go Filipino Chinese Pro China Senator even tried their usual shit in thr begining putting his names on donations of medical suplies like boxes of masks,Respirators,boxes of PPEs and body bags!

It got so much negative media publicity because it is so disgusting that its medical frontliners who called them out!

One reddit commenter even said that the" Senator is fucking clueless about the gravity of this situation and that Sen.Go must not be aware that we are here in this crisis for the long haul and that in the end his name will be on boxes and boxes body bags because that could be the predicament we will be facing weeks from now if wants that be his legacy be my guess"

They think this is the usual Typhoons that hits the Philippines every year and thought if they can win political points if they put their names on medical suplies now they are facing a real crisis that can literally kill them and they dont know jack shit what to do.

And for the first time they are facing critics ( Medical Doctors) that they can't threaten with arrests. Although the President later made a incoherent rant threatening the arrests of doctors and accusing Doctors off plotting a revolution and therefore threatened the public by launching his own counter revolution but at the end of tje day he backed down and the Medical community got what they demanded.

Lol at threatening Doctors at the height of a medical crisis.

They are strong arming their citizens because they deem its cheeper to threaten your citizens than to enact containment policies at home quarantine facilities will cost them.

This is why the response to crisis is ridicous either too restrictive like "Shut all every thing down" or some governments like Brasil's BallsSoNarrow saying "This is just Plu open every thing up pack the beaches bitches"

There was some talk of using a home quarantine system with electronic tags like Singapore, especially in cases like this where there's a surge in requirements, but nothing came of it.
I suspect GPS tags such as those used for home arrest and confinement orders was deemed less attractive than 2 weeks in a hotel.
Also there were too many cases of noncompliance with the initial home quarantine last year that they wouldn't risk it.
Singaporeans are much more compliant with government micromanagement.

7eb66655-120d-4cf7-8320-f9bd66497ff9_text.gif

There was some talk of using a home quarantine system with electronic tags like Singapore, especially in cases like this where there's a surge in requirements, but nothing came of it.
I suspect GPS tags such as those used for home arrest and confinement orders was deemed less attractive than 2 weeks in a hotel.
Also there were too many cases of noncompliance with the initial home quarantine last year that they won't risk it.
Singaporeans are much more compliant with government micromanagement.

Yup but quorantine hotels and dormitories will cost more to operate though will be more effective.

Its just whats happening in Indja is craxy and I bet its making Aussie leaders nervouse they just don't want that kind of mess on their watch

Yup but quorantine hotels and dormitories will cost more to operate though will be more effective.

Its just whats happening in Indja is craxy and I bet its making Aussie leaders nervouse they just don't want that kind of mess on their watch

Well, so far the measures have been very successful in keeping community spread down to a minimum, despite a couple of outbreaks from these quarantine hotels. If they were increased in number and processing rate, obviously that risk increases. There's been a lot of questioning over whether having these quarantine hotels in urban centres is at all smart, considering how quickly outbreaks will spread. Not a lot of suitable existing rural facilities of course, with the federal quarantine facility in the NT being in a disused mining camp.
When the states first introduced the hotel quarantines, and they weren't enough to meet the demands of repatriation, the Government capped the number of planes coming in to provide for 7000 per week. That was early last year and it was supposed to be temporary while quarantine provisions expanded.
There has been almost no expansion though (in fact that cap number was lowered when there were outbreaks in Melbourne).
The Federal provision in the NT was also supposed to expand (from 850 per fortnight to 2000), but apparently cyclones have had that on pause.
It doesn't help that the immunisation program has also been crawling along behind schedule (to be fair our lack of infection makes Australia a relatively low priority for the available vaccines), and that's a federal program.
If we had another outbreak due to the lack of quarantine facilities (due to state vs federal funding disputes) exacerbated by the slow immunisation program, I think Morrison would be hard pressed to get re-elected.

Pretty sure the US also banned flights from India

The Covid stupidity is not exclusive to down under.
I don't think the US has banned American citizens in India from returning to the US.

Should we enact a true quarantine procedure? Naw let’s just punish them more than we do violent criminals.

With vaccines here, the epidemiological situation is better than ever. But after one year of a meek citizenry conditioned into allowing the government to do whatever they wanted to them, the political situation is worse than ever in many western countries. This wouldn't have flown a year ago.

Well I'm sure the US deaths have zero to do with our country being the unhealthiest on the planet. Absolutely nothing to do with that.
Obese people are already dead by the time they get to the age that covid kills them. Not much of a factor imo

Obese people are already dead by the time they get to the age that covid kills them. Not much of a factor imo
I disagree, i think it's the single biggest factor in the United States that no one is talking about. Fat asses have compromised immune systems. As such when they get sick, they are sick for far longer, thus spend more time exposing others.

As an Australian I have no issues with this. Australian citizens have had almost a year to return back to Aus. If they chose to stay overseas in India that's on them.

The risk of bringing a new mutation over when we haven't properly vaccinated the population isn't worth it.

It's a harsh decision don't get me wrong, but sometimes hard calls have to be made.

good stay in india you selfish bastards. fucking assholes can remain in india where this new form of covid is instead of spreading it here among the general population.

the audacity of these pricks. we cant travel internationally either yet we have been accepting flights from covid hotspots, disgraceful.

Last edited:
Back