International You are Australian and want to return from India? 5 years of jail await you.

India does not have dual citizenship

What other citizenship do they have? Russia, Israel, have handled corona well and allow citizens to return. You just seem a establishment type and are justifying a draconian measure

they might not even have citizenship, just a residency visa.

Australian jail or Indian body-burning megapolis. Aussie jail cant be that bad, youd just have to watch out for this one:

iu

The freak...

yes i have heard of this situation but im not sure how big of an issue it is. what should have already been decided on is construction of a facility whether it be on an island or somewhere remote and isolated where all the returnees can go.

That's how long they've been punting the issue back and forth between the state and federal governments. It was exacerbated because when there were outbreaks in NSW, Victoria and WA they stopped their repatriations.
They were supposed to be expanding the Howard Springs facility, but failed due to the weather.
Even just this week Victoria announced a plan for a facility next to where they quarantine animals, but they weren't prepared to pay for it and neither is the federal government.
There was also the suggestion of using GPS tagging for home quarantines, like has been done in Singapore and South Korea, but either they decided it was too intrusive or didn't want to pay for that either (not to mention the high probability of yobbos not quarantining properly).

when you all get locked down i bet you will wish your governments had followed australias advice.

Should be 20 years. Giving someone covid is murder. Literally taking a life. Should be multiple life sentences if multiple people catch your flu.

That's how long they've been punting the issue back and forth between the state and federal governments. It was exacerbated because when there were outbreaks in NSW, Victoria and WA they stopped their repatriations.
They were supposed to be expanding the Howard Springs facility, but failed due to the weather.
Even just this week Victoria announced a plan for a facility next to where they quarantine animals, but they weren't prepared to pay for it and neither is the federal government.
There was also the suggestion of using GPS tagging for home quarantines, like has been done in Singapore and South Korea, but either they decided it was too intrusive or didn't want to pay for that either (not to mention the high probability of yobbos not quarantining properly).

amazing that no one is prepared to fund these facilities.

Can't they set up temporary trailers, tents etc.. How hard is it for a 1st world nation like Australia to do something this simple?

Shutting the borders was absolutely the right thing to do, something my country still hasn't figured out. But jailing your citizen's for returning home?
They shut down the border to the US but if you’re from some shitty third world country it’s open borders. I still think that the US should only give Canada vaccines on the condition that Trudeau has to kiss Trump’s bare ass on live TV.

India does not have dual citizenship

What other citizenship do they have? Russia, Israel, have handled corona well and allow citizens to return. You just seem a establishment type and are justifying a draconian measure

They are Australian residents who commute between both for family and work. It's multi generational Indian families that were in India during the most recent lockdowns in Australia. Many work back over there due to their qualifications not always transferring across. I said I don't agree with it. Lockdowns are stupid. The covid hotels shopuld work and be enough. I am just saying what is happening as an Australian for people who are predominately in the US.

There was a video going around about Police assaulting a woman who didn't wear a mask and holding her down that was mentioned as how draconian the lockdown was. The actual story of that video is that the woman was arrested after she spat in the face of a female police officer when asked if she had a mask on her. She wasn't arrested initially for the mask and all people had to do was provide their details and contest the ticket at court. I just hate fake narrative and like to give both sides as much as I can on issues I have looked at.

Can't they set up temporary trailers, tents etc.. How hard is it for a 1st world nation like Australia to do something this simple?

Who staffs it? Who pays for it ? Who is responsible if someone has covid and dies? Not all states in Australia take international flights direct. Do you put all the possible covid positive people into the main states that do and then when they face more lockdowns and economic shutdown who pays for that and is held responsible.

I think they should be allowed back personally, but I think each country should set up it's on overseas quarantine and be responsible if a positive covid patient makes it in for any further costs.

That might be true for those that just registered with DFAT to return as a result of the Indian outbreak, but you realise there's still thousands left worldwide that registered last year that haven't been able to get back despite the promises made last year they'd be back by Christmas?
That's the people we should feel bad for, anyone who chose to travel to India in say the last 6 months I mean they should be allowed to come back when it's as safe as possible to do so but fuck expediting anything for them, get the ones who've been waiting since mid year last year.

Last edited:
Who staffs it? Who pays for it ? Who is responsible if someone has covid and dies? Not all states in Australia take international flights direct. Do you put all the possible covid positive people into the main states that do and then when they face more lockdowns and economic shutdown who pays for that and is held responsible.

I think they should be allowed back personally, but I think each country should set up it's on overseas quarantine and be responsible if a positive covid patient makes it in for any further costs.

Who staffs it?
Australian doctors and nurses ofcourse. The same people who would be treating and testing Covid-19 patients at hospitals. Can also use military medical professionals.

Who pays for it?
The Australian federal government, since these are Australian nations.

Who is responsible if someone has Covid and dies?
That would depend if the specific person who died was the result of willfull negligence on the part of the medical professionals. But in general no one would be responsible, just as when the average Covid-18 patient dies in any hospital.

The Australian government can run a chartered flight or military flight from India to a military base or airport in Australia, then transport the people to a specially set up quarantine facility

I assure you if any of our politicians au pairs/children nanny's etc were coming back from India they'd be let in fine

Insane. Just let them return and let them isolate for 2 weeks and get tested. This is what happens when the rule of the majority that caters to fear overrides common human decency.

Agreed here

The Conspiracy part is just the great reset stuff like like the non-sense " its the big busineses that organized this which is ridiculous because big buisneses like airlines and hotel chains got hit too. But we already both agree that is non-sense

And I am not even going to talk about Bill Gates and his Pedo Chips.

But for sure in any crisis bad actors will capitalize and more often than not they are also too icompetent and fuck things up further and totally focused on what they can gain and ignore the dangers ofthe crisis not realizing they will be threatened by the pandemic in the long run if things gets way out of hand.

Governments are inherently corrupt and incompetent when faced with an overwhelming crisis they either pretend there is no crisis i.e.Brasils BalsssoNarrow or try to strong arm the situation and find a one size fits all solution that will cost them less financially. i.e don't make testing mandatory just shut every thing down and hope the virus will go away next month.

I have seen this played out in all the natural calamities that hit our country.

Some even proposing to enact martial law or even suspend elections.

I remember Sen.Bong Go Filipino Chinese Pro China Senator even tried their usual shit in thr begining putting his names on donations of medical suplies like boxes of masks,Respirators,boxes of PPEs and body bags!

It got so much negative media publicity because it is so disgusting that its medical frontliners who called them out!

One reddit commenter even said that the" Senator is fucking clueless about the gravity of this situation and that Sen.Go must not be aware that we are here in this crisis for the long haul and that in the end his name will be on boxes and boxes body bags because that could be the predicament we will be facing weeks from now if wants that be his legacy be my guess"

They think this is the usual Typhoons that hits the Philippines every year and thought if they can win political points if they put their names on medical suplies now they are facing a real crisis that can literally kill them and they dont know jack shit what to do.

And for the first time they are facing critics ( Medical Doctors) that they can't threaten with arrests. Although the President later made a incoherent rant threatening the arrests of doctors and accusing Doctors off plotting a revolution and therefore threatened the public by launching his own counter revolution but at the end of tje day he backed down and the Medical community got what they demanded.

Lol at threatening Doctors at the height of a medical crisis.
Dude that’s crazy.
And yes most the governments outed themselves as incompetent and or corrupt. So of course they closed down small businesses and let Walmart stay open because that’s where their campaign money comes from
That’s was the response in most areas for most the time You guys just had it a little bit in the weirder side is all.

If they had cooperated and never left Australia in the first place, they wouldn't be in this situation now. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

<Y2JSmirk>

Because they got banned along with firearms during the Port Arthur Massacre gun reform of 1996.
The theory was they looked too much like real guns.
Yet we are allowed "gel blasters" that shoot orbeez and look like this
Because *shock horror* they are just converted airsoft guns lmao. So much for imitation firearms being the cause of the ban.
v3imagesbin1cfe394a066855fd0dabe2b2fc8ff26e-grvan9laptqkal4mpu2.jpg

It must suck being an Australian who has an American-sized hard-on for firearms.

New South Wales, the economic centre of the country, has had 56 covid deaths. Sydney, it's capital, has more than 5 million residents. How are your Covid numbers going again rest of the world?

Fact is the Indian Australians have had more than a year to get home (the one place in the world that hasn't gone to shit with lockdowns and masks and all manner of nonsense). If people have chosen to leave the safety of our shores in that time then so be it, but when countries like India are getting near half a million cases a day sorry if we're going to put a temporary ban on arrivals from there, perhaps you should of stayed home....

Back