YOU ALL HAVE PUSSY HANDS! v2.0

many climbers suffer from repetitive flexion injuries because they do not properly train their hands and wrists....so it's perhaps even more important for climbers to properly train their hands

just got my CoC's and i'm very thankful for this thread. really answered a lot of questions.

i use grippers too i'm just saying rock climbing is my favorite method and the one i've found the one to yield the most results.

Dude, I've spent years climbing, spent years lifting weights, and yet still had "somewhat" of a problem closing a CoC #1.

After training crushing strength, I closed the CoC#2.

Climbing the rest of my life would have NEVER allowed me to close the #2.

So, don't be a fucking idiot dude.

Supporting your weight is one thing, but crushing something is something else.

Nothing you do in a rock wall mimics crushing grips. Crimps, pinchers, slopers, cracks...nothing...

Just ordered their #1 today! Looking forward to trying it out.

Last edited:
4 year resurrection. Nice.

On topic: I've into grip training again...planing on building a lever that I can adjust.

planing on building a lever that I can adjust.

You mean a piece of pipe? It's a pretty difficult build...

0714101754a.jpg

Im not exactly handy; so...
Thanks for the pic though

I have pretty good grip strength and naturally large hands. I'm happy I've never really struggled with that.

I never really trained or thought about grip strength, but now I really want to crush an apple.

4 year resurrection. Nice.

On topic: I've into grip training again...planing on building a lever that I can adjust.

Thanks, I first heard abou CoC here so I figure I'd give this thread a necro.

Just got my #1 in last night, this is gonna be a challenge for sure. I can only get about 2-3 full closes with my right and none with my left.

I definitely have pussy hands.

Still stuck on 2-3 closes with my #1, any programming tips?

Are you taking days off. I've got mine in my office drawer and found myself squeezing my COC multiple times a day every weekday.:redface:

Make sure you take time to recover.

Are you taking days off. I've got mine in my office drawer and found myself squeezing my COC multiple times a day every weekday.:redface:

Make sure you take time to recover.

Yea, using them about 4-5 days a week.

My friend can close the #3 and what he does is clamp down a penny with the COC and holds it as long as he can. He also recommends closing with both hands and resisting the negative as hard and as long as possible for reps.

My friend can close the #3 and what he does is clamp down a penny with the COC and holds it as long as he can. He also recommends closing with both hands and resisting the negative as hard and as long as possible for reps.

I'll give these a try thanks!

Back