YOU ALL HAVE PUSSY HANDS! v2.0

I use one towel per hand, the towel stretches, but didn't rip.

It's about how you fold it, as the more you do, the more integrity it will have, and more difficult it will be to grip it.

Woah that's one long read.

But in my opinion you didn't mention that people's hands are different, and while anyone can improve their overall grip strength considerably, the structure of your hand is equally as important.

If you have large, thick hands and fingers, you will have stronger grip than people with slim and dainty hands.

My hands are slim, long fingers, dainty hands ! I've been working out for 5 years, but my hands will never be thick and large and my grip as strong as people who have larger and heavier hands.

So genetics is something too.

I have slim long fingers and dainty looking hands(from the top anyway, from the bottom they look like the hands of a worker). I can close a number 3 CoC, crush apples, crush beer/soda cans, crush potatoes, close a Vice Gripper(tougher than CoC's, at the hardest is equal or tougher than a #4) at over 260lbs. If I can do all of these things now, what will I be able to do 3 years from now if I keep training hard?

Quit complaining about genetics and train harder.

Oh and btw, I was at a power lifting show a couple weeks back and I brought a hand dynomometer, out of all the guys with giant hands who were very strong power lifters. Only one guy could out pull me on a dynomometer, and he told me he could just about close a #4 CoC... he was also probably about 90lbs heavier than me. His dynomometer pull was truely world class.

I have slim long fingers and dainty looking hands(from the top anyway, from the bottom they look like the hands of a worker). I can close a number 3 CoC, crush apples, crush beer/soda cans, crush potatoes, close a Vice Gripper(tougher than CoC's, at the hardest is equal or tougher than a #4) at over 260lbs. If I can do all of these things now, what will I be able to do 3 years from now if I keep training hard?

Quit complaining about genetics and train harder.

Oh and btw, I was at a power lifting show a couple weeks back and I brought a hand dynomometer, out of all the guys with giant hands who were very strong power lifters. Only one guy could out pull me on a dynomometer, and he told me he could just about close a #4 CoC... he was also probably about 90lbs heavier than me. His dynomometer pull was truely world class.

I'm glad to hear all that. My hands look like friggin' crab leg clusters.

What's great about hand strength is that it's less dependant on age and lasts much longer as well as very noticeable in day to day life than other types/forms of strength training ...

so start training to close #3 Flak...as well as trying to hit other feats of strength like Pinching 2-45s, lifting blob, etc...

Someone asked earlier about training the extensors to prevent imbalance. Is it true that reverse curls work the wrist extensors well? Or is it still mainly biceps? I've tried using rubber bands / books, but they seem to target just the finger extensors as opposed to the wrist ones.

By the way, this is my first post on the forum! Enright recommended it to me. I'll try to overcome my natural inclination to trolling and actually post. :)

[Edit: typo]

Trinitron welcome to the forum. I highly suggest you start your own training log in the subforum for training logs...

reverse curls mainly work brachialis, biceps, and forarms. To work your wrists I highly suggest doing various levering exercises...wrist curls and wrist extensions are also helpful...

if you wanna improve your grip it's all about rock climbing, that shit will tear up your hands

SRSLY?

Have you ever touched a gripper?

many a time and i can tell you that my grip has increased way more from rock climbing then those pussy grippers.

my buddy whose a beast at climbing can do 1 finger pullups using just the tips of his fingers as a grip.

oh and it's not boring as fuck : )

I like rock climbing and wish I could do more of it, but you guys are talking about two different types of grip strength. Support vs crush.

many a time and i can tell you that my grip has increased way more from rock climbing then those pussy grippers.

my buddy whose a beast at climbing can do 1 finger pullups using just the tips of his fingers as a grip.

oh and it's not boring as fuck : )

I know a couple of climbers and they all train grip...

i use grippers too i'm just saying rock climbing is my favorite method and the one i've found the one to yield the most results.

What results? Can you close the #2? #3? Can you crush an apple? What's your best thickbar dl?

How do you measure grip strength?

Finger tip strength is vital for climbing however that's only 1 form of grip training and is a far cry from a complete strength training routine...it's also a long way from a great show of strength.

pussy grippers? well then big guy...post a video of you dominating a #3+ gripper....can u lever a 8lb sledge? pinch 2 45s? deadlift a blob?...

i wont deny that finger boards and climbing are fun but dont shit over something that's very hard..

i use grippers too i'm just saying rock climbing is my favorite method and the one i've found the one to yield the most results.

A gripper is cheaper than a mountain. :icon_chee

Back