Yoel Romero, destined for greatness

He is, hands down.. the BEST wrestler to ever compete in MMA. Legit Olympic caliber and silver medalist.

Hands down? I'm not sure about that, athletically yes maybe! But you've got legit gold medalists who have competed in mma like Mark Schultz, Rulon Gardener and now Henry Cejudo, not to mention maybe the greatest wrestler ever, Aleksander Karelin who had a match in Rings against Maeda so if you include them, then no Yoel is far from the best!

DC's wrestling in my opinion is better suited to MMA than Yoels too and there's a legit wrestling phenom who is about to make his debut in mma soon (not CM Punk) Aliakbari, an bear of an Iranian who's training out of AKA in Thailand! That guy would manhandle guys!

'til he gets popped (he already pooped) it's only a matter of time
Yeah .... he can take a decent shot mate

2v27e6s.gif

I don't like him after the Tim Kennedy thing, but the way he moves scares me

he's one of the fastest people I've ever seen before

Yoel is 37 years old, and didn't even start fighting until 2009 when he was 32. That is insane.. can you imagine this guy in his early 20's? 10 years past his physical prime, he's manhandling the MW division and is a serious title contender.

PEDS prolong an athlete's prime, example being Chael, the man was far better near the end of his career. Captain obvious states that Yoel is on Peds.

Yoels mma wrestling is insane overrated. Its actually nothing to even get worked up about. He may have the best amateur wrestling credential pre-mma, but as far as actually applying and actually using wrestling effectively he doesnt even crack top 10. Chris is a better MMA wrestler and would also knock him out.

Also, not long ago someone on here said that him and his brother don't train together because YBH lives in germany.

But they did train together at some point before strikeforce, I just can't find the source right now.

his wrestling is great but his boxing is underrated

''He was taken down, because he showed zero concern for Brunsons wrestling. Moving in, trying to make the fight exciting and take his head off.''

QFT

He obviously didn't care about being taken down and its easy to see why, whenever I've seen Yoel get taken down he springs back up with ease, its scary to watch.

Ur right on bout ur points and I to would like to see him fight top 5 guy next

''He was taken down, because he showed zero concern for Brunsons wrestling. Moving in, trying to make the fight exciting and take his head off.''

QFT

He obviously didn't care about being taken down and its easy to see why, whenever I've seen Yoel get taken down he springs back up with ease, its scary to watch.

Probably not a great idea to not worry about Jacare being on top of you. If Jacare holds him down for any length of time Yoel is in for a long night.

PEDS prolong an athlete's prime, example being Chael, the man was far better near the end of his career. Captain obvious states that Yoel is on Peds.

This man been through Olympic level drug testing for most of his career and never been popped for anything. I highly doubt hes using Peds

Romero is the one to beat Mighty Mouse

Too bad he's going to lose to Jacare.

He is past his athletic prime, but still one of the better athletes in the ufc. Let him get a title shot if he beats Jacare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back