Yoel Romero, destined for greatness

Romero did take Brunson down(inside trip),watch again and dont look at stupid UFC statistics cause they suck a lot.His wrestling is great and powerful,i think he can beat Jacare dont see why he couldnt,especially in the 3rd round :D,but Rockhold,Machida nad Chirs are better yes.Dont even mention Mousasi lol he is nothing

Mark Schultz was the best wrestler ever to compete in UFC. He took out a very dangerous Gary Goodridge in his only UFC fight.

1984 Olympic Champion
1985, 87 World Champion
1981, 82, 83 NCAA Champion
1984, 85, 86, 87 National Open Freestyle Champion
1987 Pan American Games Champion
1982 World Cup Champion
1983, 85, 87 National Sports Festival Champion
1978 California High School State Champion
1976 Northern California Age Group (15-16) All-around Gymnastics Champion
1982 Unanimously voted "Outstanding Wrestler" at the NCAA Championship
1987 USA Wrestling Athlete of the Year
1987 Sullivan Award Nominee
1987 Olympic Magazine Sportsman of the Year
1985 Wrestling Masters Magazine "International Wrestler of the Year"
1983 Set the University of Oklahoma record for most victories in a single season without a loss
1995 Inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame
1996 Fought and won Ultimate Fighting Championships IX. Retired with a 1-0 NHB record.
2000 Inducted into the California Wrestling Hall of Fame.
2010 Inducted into the San Jose Sports Hall of Fame with his brother Dave Schultz.
2013 Awarded the Lifetime Service Award by the California Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame.

romero is 2 old,i dont see him beating the chris,machida,rockhold,anderson or jacare

Romero 37
Machida 36
Anderson 39
Souza 35

Why is Romero too old to compete with guys essentially the same age? Particularly since what age is supposed to bring-athletic decline, is not at all apparent in him, he appears to be at the tops of the UFC in athleticism.

Too old, this guy and DC should have started in their 20's

Never heard of him.

He likely gets subbed by Jacare.

Karelin competed in an mma bout. He's the best wrestler to compete in MMA.

But yea Romero is fun as hell and I look forward to seeing where he goes. If he had gotten into the sport earlier in his life, he probably would be an all time great. Man is a freak athlete.

I admit Romero has the ability to win against all of the contenders. Not just great wrestling, but the heavy hands. I'm still picking Jacare to beat him though. Jacare's a little farther along in the game and he's at his peak right now. Romero struggled some with Kennedy, who made a dumb mistake and got himself KTFO. Still a good win even with all the controversy.

for your new years resolution, you decide to get in shape.
nearest gym to you trains ufc and you read that its a good way to get toned.
walk into gym and youre greeted with this
BiJiUoUIIAAqiD9.jpg

stand your ground or retreat?

Ask them what mix they're on and what the risk is.

Romero 37
Machida 36
Anderson 39
Souza 35

Why is Romero too old to compete with guys essentially the same age? Particularly since what age is supposed to bring-athletic decline, is not at all apparent in him, he appears to be at the tops of the UFC in athleticism.
Machida and Anderson have been doing MMA their whole lives, and Jacare started in his 20s but has been dominant in BJJ since his teens. So its quite a bit different from Romero, who despite his athleticism lacks the fight IQ and instincts thta come with experience.

Hes an old over muscled manlet, needs to drop down to lightweight

Back