Yet more insane liberal behaviour #BlackBrunchNYC

These demonstrations are fantastic because they stand up for anti-racism in spaces that usually incubate themselves from the realities of police brutality.

They are going straight to an often privileged audience, the same audience whose livelihoods are usually the product of oppression around the world. The American legacy of anti-blackness is like the main way that race is formed and that people's labor is kept in line and in check. It's the main way that poverty and brutality is rationalized and explained away in the American imaginary.

With these demonstrations, certain audiences can no longer completely ignore what is going on.

Maybe look up some of these words before using them next time

Liberals aren't quite as bad as Libertarians. I hate those libtards.

Yes, this is taking someone freedom and the right to eat Dinner at a restaurant without getting disturbed by Libbies.

and when more stuff like this happen, the next thing you know racial division is getting stronger and each race create their own resistance group against another.

let just wish it doesn't come to that.
You don't have a right to not be disturbed during lunch.

They do have a right to free speech.

You don't have a right to not be disturbed during lunch.

They do have a right to free speech.

you have the right to free speech, but not at someone else property.

that building belong to the restaurant owner, you can't just come in and disturb the peace like that.

if they were protesting in some park then i be okay with it.

These demonstrations are fantastic because they stand up for anti-racism in spaces that usually incubate themselves from the realities of police brutality.

They are going straight to an often privileged audience, the same audience whose livelihoods are usually the product of oppression around the world. The American legacy of anti-blackness is like the main way that race is formed and that people's labor is kept in line and in check. It's the main way that poverty and brutality is rationalized and explained away in the American imaginary.

With these demonstrations, certain audiences can no longer completely ignore what is going on.

I'm afraid you are completely wrong on that point. They can and will continue to ignore what is going on.

Based on the video, I don't have a problem with the demonstrations themselves. They seemed completely non-violent and even dignified. There was no suggestion of intimidation that I saw. At most, they would be mildly annoying to people who wanted a quiet brunch, but nothing worth getting upset over.

But anyone who thinks demonstrations and stunts like these are going to radically change people's views is not living in the real world. Once the demonstrators leave the majority of people eating brunch will shrug their shoulders and go back about their business. It's not racism so much as human nature: we focus on our own problems. So you're right in the sense that most of the people eating brunch will have little reason to fear being killed by a police officer. Where you are wrong is thinking that they will care about black people who do fear, with a certain amount of justification, that they may be killed by a cop.

The real problem is not that most White people hate Blacks. It is that they simply don't care. If I'm upper middle class, making a good salary and living a relatively safe, comfortable life, then disrupting my brunch is not going to make suddenly wish to overthrow the system that has done me so much good.

Blacks have legitimate complaints about racism in America, but the enemies you have to overcome are Apathy and Self-Interest, not hatred.

you have the right to free speech, but not at someone else property.

that building belong to the restaurant owner, you can't just come in and disturb the peace like that.

if they were protesting in some park then i be okay with it.

You certainly have a right to free speech on someone else's property. The owner has the right to kick you out and call the cops if you refuse to leave.

We didn't land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on us.

If the owners of the business want to tolerate this it

BlackLivesMatter is a reference to the relationship between black people and the state, a relationship that spans hundreds of years and still very much feeds off the legacy of slavery.

One of the main reason the police, as we know it, were invented, was directly tied to controlling black people right after slavery, for example.

You are the best troll I have seen on this website please never stop posting.

Stupid people trying to summon the police state like a wizard trying to raise a demon from hell.

I recon what these morons are going to get for their troubles is an annoyed public and a sympathetic police force with more MRAPs, body armor, and automatic rifles.

Although one can't expect a people with an average IQ of 70 to formulate a better form of outreach beyond mimicry of buzzing flies.

oh god.... I wish I saw some shit like this so I could go full out Joey Boots on them and just ruin their day with ignorance.. I love these liberal butt monkeys they are endless fun

No, not when the state "forces" black people to die. But something tells me you'd don't care about that.

But God forbid some upper class class idiots have their brunch interrupted.

God forbid some protesting welfare bums should protest at a place of relevance, like say, in front of a police station or a government building.

God forbid some protesting welfare bums should protest at a place of relevance, like say, in front of a police station or a government building.

I think referring to demonstrators here as welfare bums is extremely racist.

Incidentally, people have been occupying the front of a police station here in Los Angeles, and protests at government buildings have been a part of the movement as well. The brunch thing is just a small part of a larger movement.

Incidentally, people have been occupying the front of a police station here in Los Angeles, and protests at government buildings have been a part of the movement as well. The brunch thing is just a small part of a larger movement.

wellfare bums are a group now jesus christ... piss off with ur PC bull crap no one cares

Stupid people trying to summon the police state like a wizard trying to raise a demon from hell.

I recon what these morons are going to get for their troubles is an annoyed public and a sympathetic police force with more MRAPs, body armor, and automatic rifles.

Although one can't expect a people with an average IQ of 70 to formulate a better form of outreach beyond mimicry of buzzing flies.

What do you mean average IQ of 70?

Libs BeLike @LibsBeLike
Follow
#blackbrunchnyc
New Protest Strategy: Disrupt the meals of the very people who have to get up for work tomorrow to keep your EBT Card full
8:56 PM - 4 Jan 2015
121 RET

Lmfao from article

I know you apparently get your SJW rocks of by calling everyone racist. It was merely a response to your "upper class idiots" quip. Double standards much?

Back