Yet more insane liberal behaviour #BlackBrunchNYC

As a professional line cook this pisses me off. Brunch is already shitty enough for the working poor without shit like this screwing everything up.

I'm sympathetic to the message but all this does is make a hard day at work harder for guys like me and the predominantly Latino NYC cooks in these restaurants

As a professional line cook this pisses me off. Brunch is already shitty enough for the working poor without shit like this screwing everything up.

I'm sympathetic to the message but all this does is make a hard day at work harder for guys like me and the predominantly Latino NYC cooks in these restaurants

If you weren't such an Uncle Tom you would go up front and protest with them.

as a non american, I am in shocked that some one wants to interrupt brunch.
Whats the world coming to?

all those people who say "i don't have to worry about getting into fights because i don't go to X spot"
well, the assholes are coming to you and disturbing your shit for no reason.
some dumb asshole yells up my brunch i am going to hit you with my ring hand, so help me.

So basically, there are groups of black people protesting racism by being disruptive toward white people.

Yup, that's gonna work.

I know it's only Sherdog, but reading through this thread has brought me to the ironic conclusion that America would do well to look at the past 100 years or so of South African history.

It's funny. I live in a mostly white neighborhood where I've never seen a pit bull. A family of black folks moved into an apartment complex nearby last year and they were all out there this past summer barbequeing and had multiple pit bulls tied up outside. They seem like OK people and haven't bothered anyone yet, but it's true that stereotypes exist for a reason. No one just makes things up.

Also, lol - this is revealing.

No, not when the state "forces" black people to die. But something tells me you'd don't care about that.

But God forbid some upper class class idiots have their brunch interrupted.

Serious question:

How do protestors expect abrasive or irritating action like interrupting a restaurant or laying across and shutting down a high way to sway people to their side, or to pick on another group, picketing funerals (west baptist)? I am speaking generally about aggressive/disruptive/irritating protests.

If they already agree they'll just continue to do so, no net gain.

If they are already against, aggressive protests are more likely to galvanize their opposition. No net gain.

If they are on the fence/indifferent, I would imagine the more likely result is to push them off of the fence onto the opposing side. Expected net loss of support.

You study this so maybe you have good studies/counter arguments where this actually helps a movement, but as the outsider this seems like it would hurt not help a movement (aside from any catharsis for the protestors).

so i spend $40 on my brunch and a bunch of idiots come in and start acting like this. yea, not much chance that is gonna bring me over to their side. why are all of these protests targeting the wrong people? people shopping, people driving, people eating. wtf? target the people you are actually wanting a change from

No, not when the state "forces" black people to die. But something tells me you'd don't care about that.

But God forbid some upper class class idiots have their brunch interrupted.

Someone doing an injustice to you does not give you the right to commit injustices to other people, unrelated.

Interrupting a police brunch would have been OK. Trespassing on private, non-police property to harass a bunch of non-policeman is not OK.

If a black dude breaks into my car, it doesn't mean I can go through bricks through a Chinese grocery in protest

so i spend $40 on my brunch and a bunch of idiots come in and start acting like this. yea, not much chance that is gonna bring me over to their side. why are all of these protests targeting the wrong people? people shopping, people driving, people eating. wtf? target the people you are actually wanting a change from

Sounds like someone needs to check their privilege.

#shitlord.

No shit black lives matter.......wtf?

I don't give a fuck. These fuckers block off the highway between me and my work and it's gonna be a problem.

White people get killed by the police. So do Latino, Asian, and black people.

Don't fuck around with the police. You get tough with the cops and bad shit is bound to happen. Just do wtf they say and go about you're way. You don't have to be hard and make a scene. That's how you get your ass popped.

I got arrested for DUI quite a few years ago and when the cop got me to booking, I asked him did he really feel like a hero stopping me and taking me to jail when I failed to used a blinker at the stop sign that lead to my home. This guy literally slapped the taste out of my mouth. I'm chained up, orange jump suit and everything and he full on cold cocked me. Several other cops were around, not to mention the ladies doing check in's and giving blankets to folks. Nobody said shit.

You don't.

at all.

Fuck with the police.

Get hard with the police if you want to. Get popped a few times for your efforts. I don't get what's so hard to understand for black folks. Just let it go. The police will check you nuts son.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/viewSubCategory.asp?id=1628

According to data from the National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS), an estimated 320,082 whites were victims of black violence in 2010, while 62,593 blacks were victims of white violence. That same year, according to the Census Bureau, the white and black populations in the U.S. were 196,817,552 and 37,685,848, respectively. Whites therefore committed acts of interracial violence at a rate of 32 per 100,000, while the black rate was 849 per 100,000

#WhiteLivesMatter

the whole "black lives matter" thing is kind of ironic when the same people saying it completely ignore the deaths of all the other races killed by cops.

You should look at the behavior of black people all over the world. The CIA or the white man is not responsible. White communities are flooded with every drug imaginable.

I'm curious about yours.

Spit it out. What're you trying to say?

Someone doing an injustice to you does not give you the right to commit injustices to other people, unrelated.

So you are equating the injustice of police brutality on blacks, part of the legacy of slavery, to a white person getting their brunch interrupted? Internalized racism much?

a black dude breaks into my car, it doesn't mean I can go through bricks through a Chinese grocery in protest

Well if you are white, and a black dude breaks into your car, you don't have to worry they'll arrest every black guy within a 5 mile radius.

Your analogy doesn't work.

the whole "black lives matter" thing is kind of ironic when the same people saying it completely ignore the deaths of all the other races killed by cops.

BlackLivesMatter is a commentary and statement about the fact that black lives matter less in our culture and this comes through in the actions of the state. This is proven through all kinds of indicators such as the prison industrial complex, blacks getting harsher sentences for the same crimes, and general harassment.

They feel that their lives do not matter to people, and they have a strong point. The fact that everyone's response is to go back to de-centering black lives by pointing out the deaths that occur in other groups is proof of what they are saying.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with making a strong statement about black lives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back