Yet more insane liberal behaviour #BlackBrunchNYC

These demonstrations are fantastic because they stand up for anti-racism in spaces that usually incubate themselves from the realities of police brutality.
I don't see how you could draw that conclusion about what I said. I was referring to them incubating themselves to the realities, as in ignoring them, pretending they don't exist or finding ways to explain it away.

I'm not interested in adding anything to this debate, but the pedant in me I can't help it on this point: the word you want is insulate, not incubate.

in

Maybe if you don't like violence in the black community, you should talk to the CIA about flooding the inner city with crack cocaine in the 80s. Hard to protest a deeply rooted (both culturally and legislatively) drug problem, which really is the root of all the turmoil in the hood.

Also lol at you fucking idiots trying to equate that with protesting against the state. Do you really not get it or do you just not want to get it? Genuinely curious about your psychological state.

The whole 'black cops kill white people too' argument is just moving things farther and farther off base.

Cops are shooting first and asking questions later because certain inner cities are violent. That leads us to two questions:

1) Why are these areas so violent and what can we do about it from a sociological perspective? I don't mean the old 'pull up your pants and get a job argument', that is applicable on a micro scale, but en masse a bigger solution is needed. Try decriminalization of drugs and an increase in rehab centers, as well as better funding for education.

2) Why are their so many shootings of unarmed individuals in these areas? Are police becoming so complacent with the violence that they feel as if they are above following clear protocol that has been set for situations like these (Tamir Rice anyone?)? I see a certain psychological 'checking out' of shooting folks, no struggle, a 'first response' and that is not ok. Darren Wilson, as far as I can tell, was never involved in any firefights that jaded him to shoot first and ask questions later. He simply went to lethal force and constructed an argument after the fact.

Has this been posted yet? Seems applicable

I'd need to see stats on non-deadly police shootings involving black vs non-black perpetrators. Google didn't return anything fruitful during my cursory search. Bullet proof vests and modern medicine work just as well when the shooter is non-black. It could be the case, that blacks are involved in those sorts of incidents more but I'm not prepared to accept it at face value after seeing the number of non-blacks involved in police killings.

Dilion Taylor was hispanic (more accurately, he was half-white/half-mexican) and the cop (Officer Bron Cruz) that shot him is hispanic.

Yes, police kill white people but they kill black people at a higher rate. Some of deaths (both white and black) are justified, some are not. Like you said about white cop killers, you'd expect the number of whites killed by police to track with the population but it doesn't. Whites are underrepresented in police killings. We seemed to agree earlier in this thread that police are more aggressive when dealing with blacks (supposedly justified by the crime rate in those neighborhoods). I'm proposing that crime rate is a bad metric for determining how police should react to the populace. I think actual threats to police safety is a better metric. We don't have the numbers for non-fatal shootings of police but we know about fatal shooters and its clear that all races pose a threat to police. So if that is the case then police should treat all people with the same level of suspension across the board and if that means rising the level of suspension they have for non-blacks then so be it.

The race of the cop is irrelevant to me. I've had bad experiences with black cops, I don't excuse their bad behavior.

I had read that Taylor was shot by a AA officer - not that it matters - oh and kid looks white from here. I can't say that I've had a bad experience with a black officer - one did reach for his gun once during a traffic stop, white ones have given me grief when I was younger though.

Like you said stats seem hard to find - I did read that there are an avg of 58k assaults on officers each year and 15,600 injuries, but based on some of the vids that have hit the WR and the number of things that constitute assault I don't know if you could make much of that number or determine race involved.

http://www.nleomf.org/facts/enforcement/

And please don't mistake anything I said as justification of people killed by cops; I was simply trying to explain the mindset of the officers that are in high crime areas. Good exchange though.

The issue of police on civilian violence is being conflated with the issue of white on black violence. The two aren't mutually exclusive but the lack of distinction makes it hard to take the protestors seriously. Because of this confusion, they won't accomplish anything useful.

I had read that Taylor was shot by a AA officer - not that it matters - oh and kid looks white from here. I can't say that I've had a bad experience with a black officer - one did reach for his gun once during a traffic stop, white ones have given me grief when I was younger though.

Like you said stats seem hard to find - I did read that there are an avg of 58k assaults on officers each year and 15,600 injuries, but based on some of the vids that have hit the WR and the number of things that constitute assault I don't know if you could make much of that number or determine race involved.

http://www.nleomf.org/facts/enforcement/

And please don't mistake anything I said as justification of people killed by cops; I was simply trying to explain the mindset of the officers that are in high crime areas. Good exchange though.

Nah some blogs jumped the gun on the Dillon situation. His brother is a straight up esse.

His brother talks about the situations in this video. He thought that the cop that shot Dillon was white but when someone asks him why the media is saying that the cop was not white...he says that maybe the cop was Spaniard. He says that the cop that pinned him down was black...the cop that shot Dillon was not.

The relevant bits start @ 3:55

fDLJzt7.png

Utterly pointless. If anything it will just fuel a fire.

Most of the people doing these kind of protests are basically trying to create a race war that isn't even there.
Cops don't shoot people just because they are black, it really is as simple as that.
These people are pushing their own f*cked up agenda to try and convince people they are.

Maybe if you don't like violence in the black community, you should talk to the CIA about flooding the inner city with crack cocaine in the 80s. Hard to protest a deeply rooted (both culturally and legislatively) drug problem, which really is the root of all the turmoil in the hood.

You should look at the behavior of black people all over the world. The CIA or the white man is not responsible. White communities are flooded with every drug imaginable.

Genuinely curious about your psychological state.

I'm curious about yours.

You should look at the behavior of black people all over the world. The CIA or the white man is not responsible. White communities are flooded with every drug imaginable.

I'm curious about yours.

lol, RIPwarrior... My old friend. It's been a while, how are you...

Still taking up the race debate I see?

bukowski... my new friend. Its been minutes. I see you frequent over here as well lol.

lol, RIPwarrior... My old friend. It's been a while, how are you...

Still taking up the race debate I see?

Hey man! I'm doing alright, been working a lot lately so haven't had much time to participate in all the recent race threads.

I admit that I'm a bit burnt out though. Too much race for my liking.

How about instead of protesting to privileged audiences, they protest in their own neighborhoods, where black on black crime is the real issue... you know, where black teens die at the hands of people in their own community on a daily basis. That's seems like something to get mad about. Sure, some cops abuse their power and should be held liable for it... but I'm sure there weren't any off duty cops eating in those diners.

This is like the right's flipside of the moron coin. With the left's "racist cops" on the other.

We are supposed to respond to criminals acting criminally with the same degree of urgency and moral outrage as we respond to law enforcement acting criminally? Rationality demands that we hold members of those two groups to radically different standards.

I'm curious about yours.

RIPWarrior! Great to see you continuing to fight the good fight.

Maybe if you don't like violence in the black community, you should talk to the CIA about flooding the inner city with crack cocaine in the 80s.

lets say we talk about this. what will come of it? lets say we got all the people in the USA to talk about this. what would it accomplish?

1) the 80s had crack and blacks sold it to whites, blacks, hispanics, anyone else so society owes us and should let us act like assholes in restaurants
2) oh, see, this is where it all went bad. there was no violence in 70s nyc black neighborhoods. now that we found this cause, we can all agree to get along now
3) absolutely nothing.

how about you recommend something not stupid as fuck for a solution?

lets say we talk about this. what will come of it? lets say we got all the people in the USA to talk about this. what would it accomplish?

1) the 80s had crack and blacks sold it to whites, blacks, hispanics, anyone else so society owes us and should let us act like assholes in restaurants
2) oh, see, this is where it all went bad. there was no violence in 70s nyc black neighborhoods. now that we found this cause, we can all agree to get along now
3) absolutely nothing.

how about you recommend something not stupid as fuck for a solution?

Drugs are a symptom of the problem. The breakdown of the family, creating a permanent under class seems more of a cause. Actually, the cause of the breakdown of the family is more at the root.

Eskimo cop killer? 20 year old shot and killed 2 police officers in Alaska:
troopers-killed.jpg

Killed Police Officer Brian Jones in VA:
james-andrew-brown.jpg

I think you guys get the point. A lot of non-blacks kill cops.

That asian guy was the one who killed 2 cops on Alaska State Troopers TV show, and they delayed the series for like half a year. That asshole. I liked that show.

Almost all those guys have a serial killer look.

Drugs are a symptom of the problem. The breakdown of the family, creating a permanent under class seems more of a cause. Actually, the cause of the breakdown of the family is more at the root.

every race has drug problems. fact is that blacks keep themselves down. hey, me failing and i blame shit from hundreds of years before i was born = much easier than being accountable for my own actions.

oh, only issue that person has with me is that i am black. that is the only reason for anyone to be upset with me.

as a non american, I am in shocked that some one wants to interrupt brunch.
Whats the world coming to?

Back