Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5 - Which one will you buy?

Which one will you buy?

• Total voters
I'll most likely save up to start building a new PC instead.

I did just buy a new TV a Sony X90H which can do 4K at 120hz so I got that aspect covered. My current PC isn't powerful enough for that but does well at 1440p.

Will be picking up the XSX cause I like to drink choccy milk apparently.

I like me some sweet sweet achievements, all my backlogged games can carry over I have all my friends on XSX, and it's the better machine. Plus, I don't plan on upgrading my PC for another few years so this will tide me over until then.

I do want to eventually play the Halo series and Ace Combat 6.

At launch neither.

Will eventually get a PS5 for God of War, Naughy Dog games etc. Might wait for the pro in that case though.

Neither at launch but leaning towards the XBSX.

Neither, but maybe a PS5 in the far future, if their exclusives tickles my fancy.

I'm not currently getting ether one but I like what Microsoft doing as far as getting exclusives and gaming ports. Sony his always had a special place for me but right now questions Re unanswered about VR's future or cloud computing. Recently I saw a patent on augmented reality environment by Microsoft.

What was interesting it looked like there was two people playing a game not hiding trackers. It looked like some kind of Hololens based device is heading to Xbox.

I just don’t see the point of owning a Series X right now. A lot of the games will still be coming to the One X at decent performance so the incentive is lessened for me. If you have a base Xbox One then I could see it making more sense.

I do like a lot of what Microsoft is doing, however.

As I’ve said, maybe in 2-3 years when there’s more of a robust library. As it stands now I’ve got several PS5 games in the next year or so that I can’t wait to play.

I have a One X as well and was kind of thinking the same thing. I'm in the minority where frame rate isn't really an issue for me. I dont really notice a huge difference between 30 and 60fps tbh.

I always choose the graphics mode over the performance with the games that offer it. I'm going to try and wait, but I dont knowing I'll be able to resist the impulse.

Nothing against PS5, but I have too big of a game library with Xbox to make the switch. Put that on top of a controller I'm used to and Game Pass, a handful of exclusives isn't enough to do it for me.

Last edited:
I thought this could be a fun fact that Microsoft is such a huge company now "18 times more valuable then Sony" could buyout Sony and take over PS5 business. Not going to happen but Microsoft sitting on 250 billion in cash. Just a thought and the Japanese government would kill the deal.

I’m more interested in the Xbox series X at this point. I didn’t ever buy an Xbox one, so I missed out on alot of those games. I look forward to using the backwards compatibility to play the halo, gears of war, and forza games I missed out on.

I did own a PS4 and have played many of the games that I wanted to. Whenever ffvii remake part 2 comes out I’ll pick up a PS5.

I was going to move to Sony when the PS5 was supposed to come out because of how awful the exclusive issue was but Spencer has really turned things around with his Game Pass vision.

Ekx1gwgWkAwW8pq.jpg

PS5 for sure at some point, but only because I always have a solid PC

If I didn't, and had to choose, I'd have to go Xbox. Gamepass and their monthly payment plan for the better New Xbox is the best deal of any console.

Sticking with PC, I’ll get a PS5 eventually once all the good exclusives are out.

It really depends on how Sony decides to handle porting their first-party stuff to PC.

Back