Xbox One vs. PS4: Which do you prefer??

The lack of a baseball game on any console other than Playstation infuriates me to no end.

Didn't PS4 get a bunch of exclusive shit for Arkham Knight and games like Destiny though Madmick?
Yes, but that's part of Sony's core strategy. They've invested more heavily in winning gamers over to their particular offering of the blockbuster-selling multiplatform titles while Microsoft has invested more heavily in exclusive content. For that reason, the Xbox has a more robust lineup coming this Fall (Forza 6 just dropped; we will also see Halo 5, Fable: Legends, and timed exclusive Rise of the Tomb Raider).

But that's the thing. There will also be plenty more multiplat titles with more exclusive content on the PS4 side (ex. Star Wars: Battlefront, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, and more for Destiny). Microsoft has no exclusive winners offsetting Arkham Asylum now, so I don't see why anyone would expect that they would be able to thwart Sony's strategy for these other games. Expect the next installment in a mega-franchises like Halo to be a lone bright spot in sales.

Hell, for that week ending in July 25th, the PS4 had 8 of the Top 10 selling titles, globally, across all platforms.

The state of things are much, much worse for the Xbox One than I had realized.

Had both, PS4 by a wide margin. The Xbone definitely isn't superior to the people that said that. I prefer the PS4 controller and interface, even tho i didn't a first, and the exclusives for PS4 cater more to my liking than the Xbone exclusives do.

Activision showing the newest CoD on PS4 instead of X1 was a bigger deal than most realize.

Will be playing Street Fighter 5 on my PS4.

Activision showing the newest CoD on PS4 instead of X1 was a bigger deal than most realize.
Yeah, I guess I"m not articulating this well, because it seemed overtly evident to me, but what I'm pointing out is that historically the focus in winning the war of console sales themselves were the exclusive titles; the software sales generated hardware sales which generated better sales of multiplat games.

That paradigm appears to have changed. Exclusives are no longer anywhere near the market force they once were (if they were, then the Wii U would be winning the war of this current generation). Now it's all about those blockbuster multiplat titles. And now it's the consoles that are driving game sales in preference of these titles; not the other way around with the title selling a particular console. That creates an inertia where the effect rebounds, most likely, and the superior gaming populations and friend networks do, consequently, generate more sales of that game title for the console with the lead.

A confirmation would be this: I have a feeling that the overwhelming majority of gamers out there who have the PC, Xbox, and PS4 are buying multiplat titles for their PS4's, and not the other two.

Yeah it's opposite from last gen when most multi-platform games had better sales (and performed better as well) on 360 over PS3.

I'm a Sony fan boy but also love playing on the PC.

I had a PS3 last gen and hated missing out on games like Gears Of War and Kameo
This gen I got an XBone and so far I dont feel like Ive missed out on anything not having a PS4

I had a PS3 last gen and hated missing out on games like Gears Of War and Kameo
This gen I got an XBone and so far I dont feel like Ive missed out on anything not having a PS4
Wow, Kameo is not a title I'm used to seeing cited towards that argument. Up through like 2010 or 2011 I was perfectly happy on the Xbox, and felt its exclusive library superior (in large part due to its head start and its possession of better online exclusive franchises like Halo), but then the PS3 just royally obliterated the 360 for the next four consecutive years with releases like The Last of Us while Microsoft phoned it in (and kept phoning it in right up to the disastrous launch of the XB1).

So far neither console has scored a truly significant blow outside of maybe the Rare Replay and Bloodborne. Microsoft is set to open up a real gap, though, this coming holiday season. Even Sony knows it. The question will be if that translates to sales. The PS3 overtook the 360 late. It's not impossible, but the tide is definitely against them, and I think Sony's strategy may be flat out superior from a marketing point of view even if it's inferior from a gamer's point of view.

Last edited:
its pretty clear that both systems are solid and its just a matter of preference. Neither system has done anything to pull away in terms of quality gaming experience this gen.

PS4 has better exclusives IMO.
It doesn't appear it's going to be that way for long. Some of these are still TBA, but all of them are tentatively expected to drop in 2015.

Forza Motorsport 6 (just dropped)
Halo 5
Gears of War 4
Fable Legends
Rise of the Tomb Raider*
Quantum Break
Recore
Scaledown
Sea of Thieves
Crackdown 3
Inside
Cuphead
Below

*Timed exclusive

I have both. I basically bought the Xbox for Forza. I like the PS4 so much more. All shared platform games will be bought on the PS4.

PS4, has play stations all my life, never owned and never will own an Xbox. No real reasoning behind it.

I play more PC games these days on steam and games like runescape.

PS4, has play stations all my life, never owned and never will own an Xbox. No real reasoning behind it.

I play more PC games these days on steam and games like runescape.

Lol I take it runescape is where you got your username, I used to play that shit all the time.

Actually there is one game on PS4 that I wanna play and thats Knack

Lol I take it runescape is where you got your username, I used to play that shit all the time.

Yeah I've started playing it again a few week ago, been stop starting for near 10 years now

Wow, I just moseyed over to VG Chartz, and the bestselling game globally for the last reported week (ending July 25th) was Batman: Arkham Knight. That didn't surprise me. What surprised me was how vast the discrepancy in sales between the XB1 and PS4:

• PS4 = 105,032 units sold
  • XB1 = 35,484 units sold
  • PC = 1,160 units sold (<---psssst, Master Race...this is why nobody makes games for us, anymore)

Out of curiosity, how do they even measure units of PC sold? It can't be accurate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back