Xbox One vs. PS4: Which do you prefer??

XBONE for me. Haven't had a Playstation since the 2. The last great Playstation.

XBONE has the better controller; other then that crappy D-Pad :(. PS4's Dualshock has the advantage for fighters. Good luck trying to play Killer Instinct Gold on Rare Replay with the XBONE controller. Has a much better online service, it's more stable, faster and has a better free games service with Gold. The exclusives are finally starting to get on the Sony's level finally as well. Not just rehashing Forza, Halo and Gears over and over.

Now that Phil Spencer is the CEO he's completely turned XBONE around since that abysmal E3 back in 2013 with that terrible launch and all the Online only crap and no shared games etc. He's a gamer and knows what gamers want. It's smart for him to let go of this timed exclusivity crap and actually focus on just creating new IP's, 1st party games and other nice features like backwards compatibility.

At the end of the day though this poll is going to be biased because people will just vote for the console they own. PS4 is still dominating the console market and it's mainly because of the initial backlash from that terrible XBONE launch. I saw all through that though and don't let petty shit like that decide my purchase.
I was a 360 man and I have the xBone and a PS4, but I really just don't feel it with the xBone. I hardly use it, I use my PS4 almost exclusively
The Xbox one controller sucks, the 360 was far better. The PS4 controller is miles better.

What's wrong with the Bone controller? I like it better than the PS4 and 360 controllers

I was a 360 man and I have the xBone and a PS4, but I really just don't feel it with the xBone. I hardly use it, I use my PS4 almost exclusively

What's wrong with the Bone controller? I like it better than the PS4 and 360 controllers

jSFmGIS.jpg

The bumpers suck for one. Small, not responsive on the top of the button, it likes to be hit on he sides. The middle of the controller is too thick, I find my middle fingers are uncomfortable where as with the 360 I had more room for them to curl. The only thing I really like is the rough coating on the edge of the sticks. Beyond that I think it is a downgrade from the 360 and I much prefer the PS4 controller. I also hate having to use 2A batteries.

Last edited:
Have only PS4

As for exclusives i enjoyed Bloodborne, but this is going to be the big deal for me

Street-Fighter-V.jpg

If my buddy didn't get a PS4 I would have probably went XBONE. I got my PS4 around February, so I didn't know about XBONE BC and since my friend only had PS4 I figured I should just go with that so I could play with him.

If I could rechoose I would go XBONE. I have a lot of stuff on 360 and BC sounds promising. I also don't think I own any PS4 exclusives except TLOU which came with the PS4 and which I haven't beaten yet. On the other hand I'd definitely get Halo 5 on release. I also think the 360 controller is more comfortable for FPS (PS for fighters though).

I'm in the opposite situation. I had a PS4 but sold it because i wasn't using it much. I picked up the One recently because my friends have it but if i could go back I'd just get another PS4.

jSFmGIS.jpg

The bumpers suck for one. Small, not responsive on the top of the button, it likes to be hit on he sides. The middle of the controller is too thick, I find my middle fingers are uncomfortable where as with the 360 I had more room for them to curl. The only thing I really like is the rough coating on the edge of the sticks. Beyond that I think it is a downgrade from the 360 and I much prefer the PS4 controller. I also hate having to use 2A batteries.

I don't know man I feel like they are practically identical to hold. The biggest differences to me are the dpad and thumbsticks, both of which are better on the bone. I guess the bumpers might be worse, but you almost never use those anyways so it's a good trade off

I don't know man I feel like they are practically identical to hold. The biggest differences to me are the dpad and thumbsticks, both of which are better on the bone. I guess the bumpers might be worse, but you almost never use those anyways so it's a good trade off

The One controller feels a lot bigger to me even if it isn't. The 360 controller feels perfect.

Xbox One.

I've had both more than once.

Games I've played and beaten on PS4 (off the top of my head)
Infamous, Killzone, Last of Us, Dead Nation, Cod Ghosts, Witcher 3, Injustice, Rayman, AC Black Flag, BF 4, Wolfenstein the old blood etc

I just prefer the exclusives on Xbox One, and the UI/dashboard. Not to mention i absolutely loved 360 and merely liked the PS3 so most of my friends and memories are on Xbox (Also loved original Xbox, loved PSx and hated PS2)

Halo, Gears, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising, Forza etc.

Sony's marquee exclusives don't interest me at all, because tey are more about story, cinematics, graphics over actual gameplay.

Uncharted, The Order and The Last of Us, Until Dawn are prime examples. GREAT games, but not my kind of games, far too cinematic and linear.

Even Quantum Break on X1 doesn't interest me at all, i prefer games like Fallout, Halo, Mass Effect etc that have LOADS of gameplay.

I like both the X1 and PS4 though admittedly.

Ps4 has superior graphics and i think has the greatest controller of all time IMO.

X1 controller is "good" but not even as good as the 360 controller IMO i don't like the changes they made to the controller.

Eventually I'd like to own both at the same time. But for now I'm sticking with Xbox One, i think Spencer is doing a bang up job making up for the early failings of Xbox One.

Hate the X1 controller but new builds are better. The release one has annoying clicks. I got a Elite Controller on pre-order though, so that solve it.

I also hate X1's UI, PS4 is much better. But the X1 is getting a update for that which will also solve that issue.

And then there's the games, I'm not a fan of the X1 key franchises. Prefer Ps4 there.

But with all that said, I'll buy alll my games for X1 now and I can't wait to use the streaming option more often. It's really cool playing X1 on every floor in the house. I think in December, with the new UI, and the new controller, it will be my favorite console out of the 2.

I go with the ps4, even though I hate the controller. It just feels cheap, and not very well designed for my hands. But, the 1s UI is simply atrocious, and of course it's not as powerful, even though it's almost twice the size.

My company needs to step it up. A new UI, coupled with game streaming to my pc, would probably tip the scales back in their favor imo. And I feel the 1s controller is inferior to the 360s, which is my favorite controller of all time

I dusted off my ps4 and gave it a decent go and I found the controller lags like crazy when it's half charged. I thought it might have something to do with the controller so I bought another and had the same problem. I still play ps4 when friends are on but I could care even less at this point.

I dusted off my ps4 and gave it a decent go and I found the controller lags like crazy when it's half charged. I thought it might have something to do with the controller so I bought another and had the same problem. I still play ps4 when friends are on but I could care even less at this point.

The controller lags? I don't think I've experienced that with any console. I don't notice a difference in my controllers from when it has a full charge to when it is a minute from dying.

Back