Xbox One vs. PS4: Which do you prefer??

Xbox mainly for exclusives, but the amount of updates and content they are throwing at the system is pretty good as well.

Pretty much this.

And I don't feel like switching over. lol

Most people saying ps4 don't have the luxury of owning both systems so you can't really take their opinion seriously on any level. People who have both (like myself) overwhelmingly prefer XBone to their ps4s.

Had some hands-on experience with both. They seemed pretty similar to me. Will get the PS4 since most of my friends migrated from the 360 to the Ps4. I prefer the Ps4 exclusives too this time around.

Kinda stupid that you can't use the Ps4 as a media center though. My 360 is more often used as a media center than a game console these days. They better update that shit pronto.

Most people saying ps4 don't have the luxury of owning both systems so you can't really take their opinion seriously on any level. People who have both (like myself) overwhelmingly prefer XBone to their ps4s.

I have both and greatly prefer PS4. The Xbox interface is a mess both with Kinect and without. System crashes on me regularly and I don't find their exclusives nearly as intriguing as PS4's, especially in the upcoming year. Plus I had a defective kinect out of the box so that was frustrating.

Xbox live is better than PSN from a stability standpoint, that is for sure, but other than that I have little reason to buy anything other than exclusives for One. Quantum Break, MCC and Halo 5 are literally the only games I foresee myself playing on the system in 2015.

have both but do prefer my ps4. Will be selling xbox1 soon because cant justify owning one.

I'm more into Jrpgs so Ps4 for me.

Pretty much the same thing with me, RPG's are my main interest. Bloodbourne, Persona 5, and Xenoblade Chronicles X are my most anticipated games this year.

I own all 3 systems and prefer the PS4 over the other 2. My PS4 is my lead console and XB1 and WiiU are pretty much just for exclusives. Last gen my 360 was my lead platform, but switched this gen.

Looking down the road at the XB1 exclusives there isn't a lot that has me hyped since I'm not a huge fan of shooters. I have no interest in Halo and Gears of War dropped my interest in the 3rd one, never even played the spin off one. I'll check out Quantum Break on a rental, but I can already tell it will be a one and done game for me. Scalebound is on my radar, but there isn't any gameplay on it yet to tell what type of game it is. If it's to hack'n slashy I'll probably just give it a rent.

have both but do prefer my ps4. Will be selling xbox1 soon because cant justify owning one.

If it wasn't for Gears of War I'd have sold mine already as I greatly prefer PS4 and Sony is getting all of the exclusives I really care about. Gears, as much as it has fallen and switched hands, is still a system seller for me. I really hope Quantum Break is good. I loved Alan Wake and am sad that it probably won't return so I'm hoping Remedy brings it with QB.

Hoping Scalebound is cool too but it's too early to tell.

Have both.

I have almost completely jumped ship. I was a huge 360 guy while my PS3 collected dust, now I'm the other way around. I play all my multiplat titles on the PS4 while my One collects dust. I did dust it off recently tho to play Sunset Overdrive and MCC. Both are great games, but MCC's inability to play online whatsoever leaves a bad taste in my mouth for both 343 and Xbox.

I also loathe the One's interface. The PS4 isn't amazing in any way, but the One's menus and interface are the worst shit ever bar none.

Kinect is a neutral ground for me, so that doesn't help put the One over in my eyes. Also, I don't have cable anymore so the whole TV advantage doesn't apply to me either.

I do prefer Xbox controllers greatly over Playstation. But, the mic and light in the PS4 controller are pretty cool.

Exclusives-wise, I don't see much for the One. Halo 5 is all that interests me now. Meanwhile, Bungie's Destiny is a no-brainer for PS4.

PS4 is stronger and faster. Install times are shorter.

Bottom line: PS4 easily. The One isn't bad though, but for me it's just been replaced.

What a load of shit. It's perfectly fine to state your personal opinion. But why even bother trying to deny others their opinions or reduce their insight as less meaningful as your own? Are you that insecure in your opinion that you need to find a reason why others don't agree with you?

I have spent considerable time with an xbox1. Several of my friends own or have owned one. I have compared each systems exclusives and weighed the pros and cons of each system before finally spending money on the ps4. I feel completely fine with my purchase, but it was my own opinion. If someone else made a different choice, then good for them. It's no skin off of my nose.

I have never understood these console pissing wars. Play what you like and get the system that is right for you and stop trying to belittle the choices of others.

You can't afford to live in LA but can afford both consoles

This is a load of shit lol my roommate owns an XBOX1 and we always end up playing PS4 instead.

Yeah, no.

Got both and the PS4 is better in the ways that matter, maybe this will change over time.

What a load of shit. It's perfectly fine to state your personal opinion. But why even bother trying to deny others their opinions or reduce their insight as less meaningful as your own? Are you that insecure in your opinion that you need to find a reason why others don't agree with you?

I have spent considerable time with an xbox1. Several of my friends own or have owned one. I have compared each systems exclusives and weighed the pros and cons of each system before finally spending money on the ps4. I feel completely fine with my purchase, but it was my own opinion. If someone else made a different choice, then good for them. It's no skin off of my nose.

I have never understood these console pissing wars. Play what you like and get the system that is right for you and stop trying to belittle the choices of others.

This is an odd post to say the least. I own both systems, "console war" is something debated by 12 year olds who can't afford both systems.

Again, you admit you don't own the XBone yet you are comfortable forming an opinion on it. That's fine, you are entitled to your own opinion but we are entitled to point out how uninformed it is. I own both and have played both extensively at a high level so my opinion is taken far more seriously than yours.

So I have to own a Chevy and a ford before my opinion is taken seriously? People can take things for a test drive and look at the facts before making an educated decision. Something's are needed to be given a thorough hands on before making a final choice, a console is not one of them. Anyone can just look at the exclusive games list, get a few hours with each controller, and review the system hardware specs and feel comfortable they made the right pick for them.

So I have to own a Chevy and a ford before my opinion is taken seriously? People can take things for a test drive and look at the facts before making an educated decision. Something's are needed to be given a thorough hands on before making a final choice, a console is not one of them. Anyone can just look at the exclusive games list, get a few hours with each controller, and review the system hardware specs and feel comfortable they made the right pick for them.

Again, you can make up for mind before even playing the consoles - what I'm saying is that your opinion holds less water than mine due to the fact that I've actually played the consoles extensively at a high level whereas you have not.

To use your own example, if you want to compare a Chevy and a Ford thoroughly you would take more than a few hours to examine the sweet science of both cars. Sure, somebody could take them for a 10 minute test drive and make a decision based off that, but I don't think anyone would argue with the fact that a more thorough review could reveal things that a 10 minute test drive would not.

For the last time, you can have your opinion and are entitled to it, but there's a reason why we really can't take yours seriously - it is coming from someone who has not thoroughly examined both consoles at a high level. It is that simple reason that allows us to simply cast your opinion aside when it comes to comparing the two consoles.

I have no problem if people prefer one over the other, or if they think one is way better or however you feel like putting it.

I don't understand putting someone down for choosing one or the other or treating one of the consoles like it murdered your child or something

Again, you can make up for mind before even playing the consoles - what I'm saying is that your opinion holds less water than mine due to the fact that I've actually played the consoles extensively at a high level whereas you have not.

To use your own example, if you want to compare a Chevy and a Ford thoroughly you would take more than a few hours to examine the sweet science of both cars. Sure, somebody could take them for a 10 minute test drive and make a decision based off that, but I don't think anyone would argue with the fact that a more thorough review could reveal things that a 10 minute test drive would not.

For the last time, you can have your opinion and are entitled to it, but there's a reason why we really can't take yours seriously - it is coming from someone who has not thoroughly examined both consoles at a high level. It is that simple reason that allows us to simply cast your opinion aside when it comes to comparing the two consoles.

Alright, so you have expert knowledge based on more experience with each console. Maybe I have missed a key detail that you have discovered over hours of meticulous study. So what exactly is it about the xbone that I need to know that would change my mind?

Back