WWE vs UFC - Are you a fan of both?

WWE vs UFC - Are you a fan of both?

• Total voters
Maybe. Most of human history did enjoy it. I'd rather be aware of it than pretending to be above it.

True. The big difference is that it's somewhat natural to be hung up on it when it involves real fights, unlike WWE circus.

Voted yes. I don't consider myself a fan of WWE. But I will watch if I see it on, I don't dislike it.

Absolutely no. I have no problem with people enjoying pro wrestling, but it never appealed to me.

like a lot of people here, I guess, I watched the WWE when younger, then discovered MMA, watched both for a period of time until I grew out of pro wrestling.

I was a pro wrestling fan for years and it just got tired. Same recycled shit over and over.

Been a fan of MMA since UFC 1. I loved the straight one-style fighter matchups but hated the ground fighters. I thought they were pussies that didn't want to get hit. Haha! I've come a long way since then.

I used to watch when I was a kid but after I discovered MMA,hell no

Wrestling was killed by Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, HHH, Vince Russo.

If NXT is any indication of how WWE is going to be once Vince gives up the reigns it should be in good shape. NXT gets great reviews and for a fightpass equivalent showing it does quite well. Some wrestlers prefer to be left on the "lower" show because Trip does such a good job with it.

As for the question. I am a fan of both. Know a few wrestlers and love the history of it back to catch wrestling. Haven't really watched it since the attitude era but still follow it on some websites. Wrestling had its moments for sure and still draws in the huge crowds.

1. I was a huge fan of pro wrestling as a kid. I used to cheer on Ted Dibiase when he was stuffing 100 dollar bills into good guys mouths. I used to cheer on Rick Rude when he told the audience they were all fat slobs and all their wives and girlfriends were infatuated with him because he was a "real man". I thought Bad News Brown was a legit badass and Rick the Model Martel was also so arrogant he was cool. Basically any deplorable character I liked as a kid because I found them more interesting. I watched a show revealing the industry secrets at about age 11 or 12 and grew to appreciate the artistry behind it and used to try and spot where they had messed up, when they called a spot wrong, if you could catch them blading etc. I grew tired of it around 2002 but still go back and watch old events for nostalgia purposes. J Cup tournaments have become a favourite of mine because they often wrestle "stiff" and have some of the most skilled wrestlers before they were famous, Chris Benoit for instance won the 94' J Cup under the moniker Wild Pegasus, Eddie Guerrero was in the same tournament wrestling as Tiger Mask I believe.

A lot of WWE wrestlers in the past have been modeled after Mixed Martial artists, their roots are a lot more intertwined than people think.

Oh, here we go again with this shared history bullshit.
You copied his AV name, but you share none of the original account owner's intelligence.

Oh, here we go again with this shared history bullshit.
You copied his AV name, but you share none of the original account owner's intelligence.
I don't watch WWE personally, you clearly have your panties in a wad about something, take your bullshit elsewhere.

I don't watch WWE personally, you clearly have your panties in a wad about something, take your bullshit elsewhere.

lol. No not mad.
General principle, however, forces me to advise you that your crappy posts are cringe worthy for those of us that remember the quality material posted by the original owner of that Acct.

Carry on Junior.

lol. No not mad.
General principle, however, forces me to advise you that your crappy posts are cringe worthy for those of us that remember the quality material posted by the original owner of that Acct.

Carry on Junior.
I really don't care what some sad old degenerate does or does not cringe at.

I really don't care what some sad old degenerate does or does not cringe at.

You had me beat at "I really don't care".
But then I saw your butthurt when you couldn't stop yourself from insulting me.

Thanks for getting mad.

butthurt-cat-o-s.gif

I like everything.

I'm older than 9, so no, I am not a fan of WWF/WWE - if I wanted to watch bunch of dudes acting and flopping around in spandex, I would go and watch the Avengers (at least that has a decent production value/effects)

btw

You had me beat at "I really don't care".
But then I saw your butthurt when you couldn't stop yourself from insulting me.

Thanks for getting mad.
Butthurt over what? You're nothing, I don't care what you say but I'm going to reply nonetheless.

Not intending to bash, but for the people who voted yes, is Conor 1 of your favourite athletes in the UFC?

I haven't watched pro wrestling since 2004. The occasional clips I've seen since then I've found mostly cringe-inducing to watch. It just looks all so awkward and contrived now, whereas before the wrestlers actually seemed like natural performers that thrived in front of a live audience. And the crowds seem so dead and lacking in interest compared to crowds back in the late 90's/early 2000's.

I'm older than 9, so no, I am not a fan of WWF/WWE - if I wanted to watch bunch of dudes acting and flopping around in spandex, I would go and watch the Avengers (at least that has a decent production value/effects)

btw

Love that scene. Last few years SP has been insane.

Back