WWE vs UFC - Are you a fan of both?

WWE vs UFC - Are you a fan of both?

• Total voters
Its a product aimed at kids so I don't see the point in adults looking at it through jaded eyes. It's not aimed at you, guys.

It isn't aimed at kids though. That is a Sherdog misnomer.
The biggest issue WWE has is the fact they try to appeal to everyone across the board.
There are actually very few characters that are aimed just to kids.
Their advertisers are Mattel as well as Kay Jewelers.
Back in the Attitude Era they targeted college aged kids and early twenties adults and had their best success.
John Cena certainly appeals to kids, but most others do not.

Not really true.
WWE aims for all ages.
Guys like Brock, HHH, Bray Wyatt are geared for adults.
Funny thing is WWE viewers are older than UFC's and they have less kids watching now than they had 15 years ago
I didn't say there wasn't adults watching it . I said it should be for kids , anybody over the age of 20 who still watches the WWE is high on the moron scale .

I didn't say there wasn't adults watching it . I said it should be for kids , anybody over the age of 20 who still watches the WWE is high on the moron scale .

Ironic you said "moron" since your reply shows that you didn't comprehend my post ;)

It isn't aimed at kids though. That is a Sherdog misnomer.
The biggest issue WWE has is the fact they try to appeal to everyone across the board.
There are actually very few characters that are aimed just to kids.
Their advertisers are Mattel as well as Kay Jewelers.
Back in the Attitude Era they targeted college aged kids and early twenties adults and had their best success.
John Cena certainly appeals to kids, but most others do not.
It has been aimed at kids ever since the decision to go PG.

It has been aimed at kids ever since the decision to go PG.

That is not true
They went to PG so they can get better advertisers.
As I said, the biggest issue WWE has is that they try to appeal to EVERYONE.
They hardly have any children characters (or characters aimed at them).
They toned down the blood, violence, sex because of advertisers.

Last edited:
Also, I think you either grow out of it or you don't....by that I don't necessarily mean wrestling fans are childish, its just a changing of tastes. An example, a few years back while I was unemployed my mate messaged me saying "royal rumble happened last night, download it!".

RR was hands down my favourite event as a kid. So I did. I had to fast-forward through all the non-Rumble fights as I just couldn't be arsed. It seemed to mainly be two guys standing opposite each other breathing dramatically heavily with wide eyes for a few minutes then having a little grapple. Or speaking into a microphone reallllllllllllllllllllllllllly slowly and deliberately with a reallllllly gruff voice...

Anyway, the rumble itself. I sat there and didn't have a single reaction, positive or negative, really. I may as well have been watching something like the Tour de France. The only thing I could remember was Kevin fucking Nash entering the Rumble, and that actualy got my attention until I realised he could barely walk and then I went back to nothingness.

Afterwards, spoke to my mate.

"Enjoy the rumble?!"

"Um. Not really. One entrant was a midget dressed in a bull costume, mate."

"You would've fucking LOVED that back in the day man!"

"Yeah....back in the day....maybe...."

Some people just move on and some still enjoy it. Like music tastes I suppose.

sigpic331969_9.gif

Stopped watching wrestling when it went all pg around 08 or so.. started watching mma around then, just recently got into watching wrestling about a year and a half ago, seems to be a little better. WWE seems so hot and cold these days though you really don't know what to expect. The RAW shows have just been dismal lately in my opinion.

Honestly I never gave WWE a fair shake, but I'm okay with that.

It always cracks me up when people try to justify watching wwe. "It's not targetted at kids" "Its just like a broadway musical" lol

Back