WWE vs UFC - Are you a fan of both?

WWE vs UFC - Are you a fan of both?

• Total voters

real2124

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
A quick google search (and I could be way off) shows both UFC/WWE doing comparatively well...

How many are a fan of both btw?

I've never really watched WWE but unlike most I feel no need to act above it, just not really for me.

I was a fan off WWF and WCW when I was younger and then I saw what a real fight was. Never looked back.

I haven't watched pro wrestling since I was a kid. But I don't hold anything against people that find entertainment value in it.

Watched wrestling from the early 90's to after the Attitude era, then grew out of it and found MMA a year later.

Stopped watching wrestling in 2006. Stone Cold E.T. is the only wrestling I care for anymore...

Wrestling was killed by Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, HHH, Vince Russo.

I loved it during the Attitude Era to 2006. Jeff Hardy & RVD were my favorite. Casually watched from 2008 - 2009. Once I found MMA, I gave up on wrasslin.

It was somewhat entertaining back in the WWF era. Some of the characters like machoman & hulk were pretty funny.

Sherdoggers displaying maturity.... I like it.

I enjoyed pro wrestling growing up, until I started actually wrestling, at which point my interest dwindled. Got in to the UFC early in college and the rest is history.

That being said, I can't fault those who are fans of WWE who are honest about it is, which is scripted, a spectacle, a soap opera with muscles. It may not be a valid 'sport' per se, but the competitors are mostly in great shape (steroid-induced as it may be in many cases), many of them former collegiate or pro athletes, and it does take a toll on their bodies. It's a medium of story-telling that has a vast fan base, and even though I don't find it any more than mildly entertaining these days, I can see how their fan base enjoys it (whether they acknowledge what it really is or not).

A lot of WWE wrestlers in the past have been modeled after Mixed Martial artists, their roots are a lot more intertwined than people think.

Man...might as well start a thread called "baking cookies and MMA - are you into both?"

or

"aquaerobics and MMA - are you into both?"

I'll catch Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania most years. I don't watch the weekly show. It's not very good.

But I am captivated by it as a production and subculture. It's the most unique form of entertainment. It's live, it's interactive, it never ends, it travels, it's competition and co-operation, it's drama, it's spectacle, it's art. Actors suck at it, athletes suck at it. - It's a weird thing.

Last edited:
Stopped watching wrestling in 2006. Stone Cold E.T. is the only wrestling I care for anymore...

This shit had me like

wtf-lol-jpg.png

When I was in 5th grade I used to call people gay for wearing wrestling tshirts. So no.

I thought it was cool when I was literally five.

I thought everything was cool when I was five.

I watch both. I've been watching wwe since I was a kid. Found mma in high school and still watched both. But it did help that I found ecw in high school too. Plus that was during the attitude era. And wrestling was free and ufc was only pay per view. Now I watch wwe with my kid and ufc with my wife.

Back