WWE vs UFC - Are you a fan of both?

WWE vs UFC - Are you a fan of both?

• Total voters
I haven't watched pro wrestling since I was a kid. But I don't hold anything against people that find entertainment value in it.

Balanced response. To each their own.

I've never really been into pro wrestling. My brothers loved the WWF back in the mid eighties and I watched sometimes. I can see why people like it. My favorites were Rowdy Roddy Piper and Andre the Giant. I watched a cool documentary on Lucha Libre and so I watched a bit of that, and again, it just didn't do much for me. I did like their midget wrestlers who were mini versions of well known wrestlers.

Balanced response. To each their own.

I've never really been into pro wrestling. My brothers loved the WWF back in the mid eighties and I watched sometimes. I can see why people like it. My favorites were Rowdy Roddy Piper and Andre the Giant. I watched a cool documentary on Lucha Libre and so I watched a bit of that, and again, it just didn't do much for me. I did like their midget wrestlers who were mini versions of well known wrestlers.

Yes, Dana White was wise to buy the WEC and use this same marketing tactic in MMA.

I have to admit I haven't watched WWE in a few years but since I've watched UFC when I turn it on it's so weird to see a 180lb or less being called the heavyweight champion of the world, I don't hate on WWE though.

Whats the problem in having fans for both of these categories?

It is very fashionable on Sherdog to hate on professional wrestling.

Even though MMA owes a great deal to it.

Yes, Dana White was wise to buy the WEC and use this same marketing tactic in MMA.

mvg87a_0.gif

I don't understand how anyone can watch WWE. It's basically a soap opera for men.

I don't understand how anyone can watch WWE. It's basically a soap opera for men.

I always find this comment odd when it comes from a poster here.

The UFC section is basically a bunch of fans and haters bickering over fighter's perceived comments and actions, or bragging about how much they know, in hopes to make the combat more exciting.

This is where you come for MMA's soap opera bs.

I'm an old man. I grew up in the era of Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Jimmy Superfly Suka, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Brett the Hitman Hart, Ultimate Warrior, prime Undertaker.. etc

You can't beat that. Never will, never can.

Then I grew up.

I always find this comment odd when it comes from a poster here.

The UFC section is basically a bunch of fans and haters bickering over fighter's perceived comments and actions, or bragging about how much they know, in hopes to make the combat more exciting.

This is where you come for MMA's soap opera bs.

True, that's why I either don't participate in it or troll the shit out of those who take it seriously.

A little drama, story and background makes MMA so much more fun though.

What makes it truly entertaining is the fact that two devoted fighters will truly test their skills against each other. Everything else is secondary.

I watched it when I was a little kid, and briefly again during the attitude era. But that was mostly because my roommates watched it. I couldn't watch it now.

What makes it truly entertaining is the fact that two devoted fighters will truly test their skills against each other. Everything else is secondary.

Okay, you go chew on your dry stake and ketchup, I'll enjoy this fully flavored meal.

It was just like earlier today, I tried telling someone about Tonon vs. Paul Harris, zero fucks were given, I explained their backstorys and now I have a few friends who are interested in the one match up.

If the UFC didn't care about this "secondary" stuff MMA would still be crawling around looking for support to stand on.

i watch both wwe what got me into the ufc any way sense after i got to watch tuf after that i was sold

Okay, you go chew on your dry stake and ketchup, I'll enjoy this fully flavored meal.

It was just like earlier today, I tried telling someone about Tonon vs. Paul Harris, zero fucks were given, I explained their backstorys and now I have a few friends who are interested in the one match up.

If the UFC didn't care about this "secondary" stuff MMA would still be crawling around looking for support to stand on.

Fully flavored meal...you're a sucker for melodrama.

no, but back in the day i got into pride through japanese wrestling which shits on WWE for the most part.

Back