WWE vs UFC - Are you a fan of both?

WWE vs UFC - Are you a fan of both?

• Total voters
I watch both, why they even need to be compared is beyond me.

WWE is good entertainment, I watch it because it's always on and gives me something to watch for a couple of hours.

Hasnt wwe turned into a diva fest? Nothing will ever beat the 80s wwf/ nwa-wcw days, as well as the nwo /attituede era...nowadays it just seems like a shit show

Both, more of an MMA fan these days but when a pro wrestling match is really good it sometimes surpasses MMA at its best.

To be fair South Park is probably just as lowest common denominator and juvenile as WWE is. Maybe more so because I can't imagine a grown up actually liking South Park but I could see one taking pleasure in a soap opera.

Wwe tries to be real, south park at the end of the day a cartoon, but probably the best one as it at least has some sort of social commentary. The writing in south park is dare i say, more intelligent then the writing in wwe.

Im definitley like both,but i dont really keep up with pro wrestling anymore,i dont have the time,and the pg 13 thing really hurt it. Still im totally unashamed about my love for pro wrestling in general. Its an art form and a culture and i love it...everything except the fans. God the fans are scary people.

Wwe tries to be real

No more than any other fiction. WWE is theatre. Everyone knows its not real,they want to suspend their disbelief in the same way you know that the fuckin aliens in avatar are CGI,but you dont spend time thinking abotu that,and just enjoy the fuckin show.

I'm a fan of Pro Wrestling and MMA, cause i'm all sophisticated and shit.

Nope. I prefer real fighting.

I used to be a huge fan of WWF (get that WWE shit outta here) and WCW. Then I stopped watching around the year 2000 because it went downhill after that.

Now I'm only an MMA fan, and while I appreciate what professional wrestling is, the phoniness of it needs to stay out of MMA which is supposed to be a legitimate fight sport.

Theres a match on the indys between Sabu and La parka. Two known high fliers...anyway..it is amazing how much of a story you can tell with no words,cos neither of these guys ever use the mic,they tell stories with their bodies. Sabu comes in the ring,and he gestures to the ref that la parka has to get rid of the chair he always brings to the ring with him. The crowd boos. The ref tries to tell la parka to lose the chair,but he resists. Sabu then slides out of the ring and gets his own chair. The ref then has to try to restore order...sabu gestures he will put his away if la parka puts his away. La parka puts his away,and sabu throws his chair at la parka,and then the match starts. It was amazing that these guys worked an entire crowd of people for 10 minutes,without having to talk, OR do any wrestling. Its a fucking clever art form to be able to do that,and i am positive they didnt talk about it beforehand,they just know what they are doing. I admire that alot.

last time i saw it it was called WWF and Ric Flair won the Royal Rumble over Sid Justice.

A quick google search (and I could be way off) shows both UFC/WWE doing comparatively well...

How many are a fan of both btw?

I love MMA, and many other competitive sports.

My opinion of wrestling couldnt be lower. It's cool for young children I guess, but you really have to question the mental faculties of any adult who could enjoy that sort of ridiculous rubbish.

I love MMA, and many other competitive sports.

My opinion of wrestling couldnt be lower. It's cool for young children I guess, but you really have to question the mental faculties of any adult who could enjoy that sort of ridiculous rubbish.
Virgins

I guess you could say I'm still into it. Still kinda follow it. I loved it until maybe 2001. I pretty much stopped watching right before Lesnar came in. I haven't seen an actual wrestling match in 15 years, but I always somehow know who the champion is lol.

Over the past 5 years, I've bought maybe 25 WWE dvds, all documentaries. It's mostly nostalgia, but the real stories and backstage politics really do interest me. Probably gonna watch my first event in 15 years in 2 months (Wrestlemania).

While we're on the subject. I'll never forget the night The Undertaker lost to Brock. l remember being on this forum when it happened. I guess it was because it was Brock, but it was a major event even on this mma forum.

Oh, here we go again with this shared history bullshit.
You copied his AV name, but you share none of the original account owner's intelligence.

I've posted this before, but there is always somebody in one of these threads that needs to be educated. So here we go...

*Around the turn of the century pro wrestling was a real competition. Look up Frank Gotch.

*Mitsuyo Maeda who taught Carlos and Helio Gracie Judo (which they would later modify into BJJ) was a pro wrestler who participated in both worked and legitimate matches.

*Judo Gene Labell (who was involved in the first mma match in the United States with Milo Savage) was a pro wrestler.

*The mma promotion Rings in Japan started off as a pro wrestling promotion.

*How about Pancrace; Which was started by Masakatsu Funaki and Minoru Suzuki both of whom were pro wrestlers who started and participated in the shoot fighting org.

*PRIDE was initially conceived in 1997 to match popular Japanese pro-wrestler Nobuhiko Takada with Rickson Gracie. And how about that Antonio Inoki or Sakuraba?

*Ken Shamrock (who actually was a pro wrestler before he competed in Pancrase or the UFC) saved the UFC's ass mostly due to the name he made for himself while in the WWF.

It's crazy when you think about it and trace it all back. It all goes back to Karl Gotch and Billy Robinson, who trained together in old school catch wrestling, both went their different ways in the pro wrestling world and ultimately both of them ended up in Japan training pro wrestlers. Gotch trained Yoshiaki Fujiwara, who trained Suzuki and Funaki, who recruited and trained Ken Shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Rutten, going on to found Pancrase. Robinson would train most of the UWFI wrestlers that would go on to become Pride.

Then I don't think a lot of modern fans really understand the influence that Rings had on Pride. Pride basically swallowed up Rings, took their best fighters(Fedor, Overeem, etc), stole their ideas, then put them out of business in 2002, right around the time that Pride really started to kick ass. The guy who founded Rings, Akira Maeda is connected to Takada, Fujiwara, and Tiger Mask. Those four guys all came out of the same dojo and basically laid the groundwork for what MMA would become. Their bidding war over Rickson Gracie would basically shape the history of MMA.

If you take away pro wrestling's direct influence on MMA history, you take away Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, Suzuki, Funaki, Frank Shamrock, Bas Rutten, Sakuraba, Takada, Fedor, Pancrase, Pride, Rings, Shooto never happens. I think it's safe to say that maybe MMA never happens, especially when you consider the influence that pro wrestling had on Mitsuyo Maeda, who taught the Gracies how to grapple.

Maeda was living in a YMCA in Alabama at one point during his travels, learning tricks of the trade from the pro wrestlers he befriended in the 1900's. He basically taught the Gracie's Judo with some old school pro wrestling tricks and submissions worked into it. I mean, if you take all of that away, what does that leave MMA? It would have basically been just a toughman contest, it would have died an early death, if it even would have happened at all.

Definitely more into MMA now, but when a pro wrestling match is good it at times can surpass MMA at its best

Last edited:
I don't watch pro wrestling. Never have, probably never will.

wrestling is the shit. If there was no wrestling,how could these things ever happen?

12655891_995898773836555_1444645771_n.gif

w.gif

40QJRv.gif

xcnx.gif

Back