WWE loses 50% of it's value in one day!

More people watch real sports than both

Not really. Wrestlemania and other large WWE PPV events get 1.2 million+ PPV buys easy. Back in the golden age (rock/ stone cold/ shawn michaels) 3 million + (one event)

I think you are all underestimating how many people watch this wrasslin stuff

That 1.4 million number for the fight pass to break even is assuming their PPVs sell 0.

Since Fight Pass has been out their PPV numbers have been nearly the same, maybe dropped a little, but it's not a big deal.

People don't just "cash out" like this. Something CAUSED the a large number of people to think that this was the apex and cash out, which resulted in WWE stock losing value and a fuck ton of other people selling as well.

And yes, now the 'buy low' can begin... eventually. But it hasn't happened yet.

They do and it just happened. People new the Network was coming. Buy in. Network does well and shoots the value up. Sell.

It's essentially the Facebook situation but with more viewable history behind it.

i bought the WWE Network for the initial 5 or 6 month purchase.

i watched it up until Wrestlemania which was about a month.

they need more documentary content IMO.

p.s. I'm gonna take my chances with some cheap WWE stock

U guys act like we is going to crash lol they won't as much as I don't like wwe it is the dominant show/ sporting show/event on cable and ppv it always has been and always that will make more money than they lost within a few months I don't think u guys rrlize how much more money is involved in the wrestling than in mma trust and beleave the wwe will be OK and will have more investers than they lost

I have never understood how scripted wrestling made any money to begin with.

When it first started and a lot of people thought it was real and wrestlers assaulted reporters to protect their tightly guarded lie I could understand it more. Because if it had said from the beginning it was fake I don't think it would have lasted a year. Nobody would have paid to see guys dress up and pretend to wrestle and pretend to have huge rivalries with each other. But years later because of insurance reasons and the cost disparity being huge depending on if it was real or fake they finally fessed up and somehow it made no difference. I don't get. I concede some of them are great athletes but its essentially a soap opera for men.

Not trying to insult or hate on anybody who enjoys it. Just for me personally I don't see the attraction.

Why do you like movies? Fake stories with actors. How can anyone get into that?

They have to weather the storm. They must've been aware that cable companies wouldn't be too happy with their WWE Network approach. When you lose support from Direct TV and the like, it's not going to be good.

What they're doing with the WWE Network is the future though. They have enough money to see this through.

I have never understood how scripted wrestling made any money to begin with.

When it first started and a lot of people thought it was real and wrestlers assaulted reporters to protect their tightly guarded lie I could understand it more. Because if it had said from the beginning it was fake I don't think it would have lasted a year. Nobody would have paid to see guys dress up and pretend to wrestle and pretend to have huge rivalries with each other. But years later because of insurance reasons and the cost disparity being huge depending on if it was real or fake they finally fessed up and somehow it made no difference. I don't get. I concede some of them are great athletes but its essentially a soap opera for men.

Not trying to insult or hate on anybody who enjoys it. Just for me personally I don't see the attraction.

It is a soap opera for men, and some women. That being said, how do you not understand why it's successful? Pro-Wrestling is one of kind.

You're underestimating it's mass appeal. It's for kids, teens, and adults of all races. For fuck's sake, Barney The Dinosaur and Sesame Street are near billion dollar industries, without the cross over appeal to adults. Now imagine if they could combine the two?

I understand not liking it, but to not understand how it's successful is rather short sighted.

Why do you like movies? Fake stories with actors. How can anyone get into that?

Yeah, but with WWE everything is centered around a ring and everything can be solved by wrestling. Doesn't that get stale fast?

HYggmf6.jpg

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiem...rly-50-as-nbcuniversal-deal-fails-to-impress/

Don't expect a UFC monthly PPV subscription anytime soon :icon_chee.

Wow they are back to they were last year, actually higher. Seems like a stock scam honestly for it to have gone that high in the first place so quickly

Yeah, but with WWE everything is centered around a ring and everything can be solved by wrestling. Doesn't that get stale fast?

I don't know. Does the hero saving the day, and getting the girl get stale?

Tempted to buy a few shares but im still butt flustered from buying ProElite shares...

The last time before that was when he tried to take on the NFL with Tommy Maddox and Rod Smart as his poster boys.

My thought too. The XFL was a terrible idea, everyone knew it was terrible, but Vince must have been surrounded by all yes men at that point. Even smart/successful guys like Vince need someone to check their bad ideas.

Not really. Wrestlemania and other large WWE PPV events get 1.2 million+ PPV buys easy. Back in the golden age (rock/ stone cold/ shawn michaels) 3 million + (one event)

I think you are all underestimating how many people watch this wrasslin stuff
lol no they don't. Wrestlemania is the only event that has reached 1 mil buys and it has never done close to 3 mil. What fucking drugs are you taking?

I don't know. Does the hero saving the day, and getting the girl get stale?

I thought they went anti hero with Stone Cold and Sean Michaels; are they back to good guys again? and isn't that kid from the Real World a star now?

Back