WWE loses 50% of it's value in one day!

Theres always, always, always at least one of those insecure guys that has to talk shit about pro wrestling. No one knows why "that guy" thinks anyone cares about their opinion.

"STOP LIKING THINGS I DONT LIKE. CANT YOU SEE ITS STUPID AND SOOOO BELOW ME!?"

Just reeks of insecurity to me. What exactly such people are so insecure about specifically, I wont get into.
You are projecting

And it is not "pro wrestling"

You are one of the delusional people that I am talking about.

And what possible insecurity would be involved in questioning how an industry that beat up reporters and had its employees slash their faces with razor blades to convince people it was real is just as entertaining when people now know it is fake? Obviously even the industry itself strongly felt nobody would be interested if they knew it was fake. Especially not adults. Seems like a fair question to ask how it changed nothing when even the people who put it together felt it was crucial to sell the lie

If there is any insecurity here it is from you. So knocked off your spot that someone thinks its funny you pay to watch it that you think it must stem from a deeper issue other than I think its stupid.

Theres always, always, always at least one of those insecure guys that has to talk shit about pro wrestling. No one knows why "that guy" thinks anyone cares about their opinion.

"STOP LIKING THINGS I DONT LIKE. CANT YOU SEE ITS STUPID AND SOOOO BELOW ME!?"

Just reeks of insecurity to me. What exactly such people are so insecure about specifically, I wont get into.

They have no friends either so sad

WWE is fake, but i like it.
Why? Because it's fun, simple as that.
It's just like their own name, World Wrestling Entertainment, not fighting.

I'm willing to bet you love Bruce Lee and Bloodsport movies though, as if they're any different.

Only difference is one is live, and one isn't.

I get it though, you're too intelligent for anything fake. "BUT MOVIES HAVE ACTORS MAN"
Actor - a person whose profession is acting on the stage, in movies, or on television.

By that definition so are wrestlers, but they're actors who take bumps in the process.

I get it, you're way too cool for wrestling, way too intelligent for wrestling, cooler than anyone who enjoys wrestling, and are more intelligent than anyone who watches wrestling.

Because people can't have different tastes. Quit being so ignorant.
No I don't like the BloodSport movies

VanDamn is one of the worst actors on the planet

I also wouldn't sit around and talk about what happened in BloodSport like it is real life like some WWE fans do

And please stop calling it "wrestling". It makes you look insane. It is "fake wrestling". That you don't make that distinction when you talk about it is why I worry for your mental health

People can have different tastes. You can play with Barbie dolls for all I care. But if I see you talking about the argument Ken and Barbie got in I am going to suggest you see a therapist. And I'd bet a lot of money you talk about WWE quite often. When people leave the movie theater, they stop suspending disbelief. Some WWE fans seem to be stuck in a permanent fantasy.

Calling it wrestling or pro wrestling is normally a pretty good indicator.

I guess to be honest what really bugs me is that people continue to treat it like its real and not fake.

Nope. Every single PW fan over the age of 10 knows exactly what it is. Much like you know that Iron Man is just RDJ in costume, and everything that gets you invested in the story is a product of script writing, acting, and special effects.

What fans do argue is real, is the athelticism and skill it takes to be a good pro-wrestler, or the booking/writing skills it takes to make a storyline interesting. Much like a film buff could argue the skills it takes to be a good actor, or a good script writer.

A good movie and a good wrestling story are very similar, in that everything has to come together for it all to work. That's where the appeal for older fans lie. Everyone knows it's bullshit, but if they can sell it, people will buy into it.

They have no friends either so sad
Sucks for me. Whenever I want to find a group of people to pay $50 to watch guys stomp the mat while another guy in costume pretends he was kicked I have nobody to call! And then when I want to gossip about the fake drama that didn't really happen between two actors I am out of luck as well. I just got dealt a bad hand. I was cursed with the ability to distinguish fantasy from reality

:)

I'm not arguing what type of entertainment should be considered more important as that's totally subjective. But its a reality that there are target demos as far as age.

Now perhaps age is subjective as well. I enjoy the Marvel movies. But I feel like they are written and acted to appeal to adults. But you make a fair point. I guess to be honest what really bugs me is that people continue to treat it like its real and not fake. And I'm just shocked people would pay $50 to watch a fake event. But if you say you are crystal clear on the fact its fake, don't approach any aspect of it like it is real, and simply enjoy it as a form of entertainment than who am I to day that's not valid?

Its the fans that constantly blur the line between fake and real to the point of self-delusion that irritate me. Someone like you I have no issue with. I probably like things you think are stupid. We don't answer to each other and that's how it should be. Its just when people take something clearly fake as seriously as some seem to (some people have even said WWE deserves credit for establishing wrestling as a base in MMA...not the real wrestlers that happen to be employed now by WWE but WWE itself) is when it just bugs and bewilders me.

But you are right. Entertainment is mostly subjective. I have no problem with that. I appreciate the civil exchange

Dude marvel is definetely not for adults. Cookie cutter assembly line super hero movies for kids. DC is for adults.

Sucks for me. Whenever I want to find a group of people to pay $50 to watch guys stomp the mat while another guy in costume pretends he was kicked I have nobody to call! And then when I want to gossip about the fake drama that didn't really happen between two actors I am out of luck as well. I just got dealt a bad hand. I was cursed with the ability to distinguish fantasy from reality

As long as you admit UFC is the same thing I'm ok

Nope. Every single PW fan over the age of 10 knows exactly what it is. Much like you know that Iron Man is just RDJ in costume, and everything that gets you invested in the story is a product of script writing, acting, and special effects.

What fans do argue is real, is the athelticism and skill it takes to be a good pro-wrestler, or the booking/writing skills it takes to make a storyline interesting. Much like a film buff could argue the skills it takes to be a good actor, or a good script writer.

A good movie and a good wrestling story are very similar, in that everything has to come together for it all to work. That's where the appeal for older fans lie. Everyone knows it's bullshit, but if they can sell it, people will buy into it.
Everybody may know its fake but not everybody treats it like it is

I guarantee I could take 5 seconds and find message boards all over the Internet with WWE fans saying things like "did you hear what (insert wrestler) said?"

Or claiming MMA should appreciate what WWE has done to further wrestling as a base

Or insulting or complimenting fictional characters played by actors

Like I already said, I have no issue with the fans who approach it simply as entertainment and don't talk about aspects of it like it is real. And I guarantee there are still people who think its real. Because that people needed to be told it was fake pretty much shows the intellect involved with some of the fans. I used to go to WWF as a kid because we had a box seat to everything and at least half the crowd thought it was real. Screaming and yelling and super pissed if their 'wrestler' lost. So lets not pretend these same people who needed to be told it wasn't real sit around and only discuss the reasonable aspects. I knew it wasn't real when I was 8 and saw my first event. People in their 30s and 40s thought it was real

And truthfully that stigma of the dumbest people on earth has been hard to just completely divorce from the current situation. Partly because people still say things that should never be said about something not actually real

Dude marvel is definetely not for adults. Cookie cutter assembly line super hero movies for kids. DC is for adults.
You almost found something as stupid to argue about than fake arguments between actors

I'm not getting into a DC vs Marvel argument with you

Or which Captain Kirk was better

Mainly because huge dorks have those kinds of arguments.

This again is the difference between you and I. I can enjoy movies for entertainment value. I would never take them so seriously as to try to argue which super heroes are more for adults. Which is why I'm sure you argue aspects of WWE all the time.

Its hard to explain to someone because if you have to then its probably already too late. But there are healthy levels to approach fiction. And then there are people like you

As long as you admit UFC is the same thing I'm ok
I couldn't have paid someone to make a better post to prove what I have been saying

To you, WWE and UFC are the same thing

Absolutely no distinction between reality and fiction.

Thank you

I used to love wrestling for many reasons. The stunts, the silliness, the bad acting, etc. It was good trashy fun. Being there live was a blast (specially with a little buzz) and it didn't cost much money.
Nothing wrong with mindless entertainment. And just being out and about and socializing and having some hot chicks around makes just about anything worth it. I'd go to a blueberry festival if it also involved drinking and girls! (Although I don't drink any more)

But people who keep it in its proper perspective are fine by me

Don't be mad that no one would care about the UFC if it wasn't for the WWE. It's ok brah, people can like both.
LOL

Yeah, that was my concern 'brah'

I was afraid that without fake wresting people would not watch real fighting. Boxing probably owes its livelihood to the WWF too!

Its like saying without the TV show Law and Order nobody would care about crime.

Every time you credit your fantasy to something in real life just continues to prove my point

And I'm sure there are some people that watch both. But just for laughs, care to expound on the reasons people wouldn't care about MMA if it wasn't for fake wrestling? I may want to make your answer my new sig

They need 1.6 million subscribers worldwide and it hasn't been released outside of the US and it's got like 670,000.

I couldn't have paid someone to make a better post to prove what I have been saying

To you, WWE and UFC are the same thing

Absolutely no distinction between reality and fiction.

Thank you

Their business models and promotional practices are very similar. Dana White himself will tell you that the UFC owes a lot to the WWE in those regards. You need to seperate that from your "one is fake, the other is real" basis you seem to think people don't understand.

Basically, get over it. You clearly don't get pro-wrestling. That's fine, but you look more and more foolish the more you talk about it like you actually do.

Wrestling, even though with preconceived outcomes, have been a stable of entertainment for HUNDREDS of years. It is a story of underdogs, about certain people (villains) getting the justice they don't get in real life.

And yes, I don't watch it either.
I think that may be giving it a bit more societal importance than it warrants. I personally don't think it fills a hole created by a need to see justice done

I think its as simple as good guys vs bad guys (in terms of being like able or not) has always interested people. Personally I would be very sad if things are so bad that we need fake wrestling to feel like there is any justice in the world. And the constant switching from good guy to bad guy and vice versa would seem to make that hard to provide in any sense

I think its just entertainment for some people.

I simply have a personal preference to see that distinction a little clearer. A few on here I think have shown they do that. And some...not so much

Their business models and promotional practices are very similar. Dana White himself will tell you that the UFC owes a lot to the WWE in those regards. You need to seperate that from your "one is fake, the other is real" basis you seem to think people don't understand.

Basically, get over it. You clearly don't get pro-wrestling. That's fine, but you look more and more foolish the more you talk about it like you actually do.
Changing his words to provide an apologist answer isn't helping your case

He did not compare business models. I made the point WWE is fake and he responded he is fine so long as I admit UFC is too

And again, please stop calling it "pro wrestling". Mainly because of the whole it makes you look crazy thing

It is acting. In no way is it pro wrestling.

And you keep saying people know its fake. And I keep showing examples of how despite knowing that, they continue to treat aspects of it like it is real. Just like you can't stop calling it "pro wrestling"

If I go see a movie about prison, do I claim I'm going to visit a prison? You are not watching "pro wrestling"

And while I realize that is more of a case of repetition probably than anything else, it just sounds crazy. But back to the main point. The other poster said the UFC is fake, just like WWE. Care to make that case for him while not changing what he said?

And you keep saying people know its fake. And I keep showing examples of how despite knowing that, they continue to treat aspects of it like it is real. Just like you can't stop calling it "pro wrestling"

You have given no examples. You've given your biased interpretation of the mindset of fans of a product you don't understand. Your "example" boiled down to "people were invested in the match and the wrestlers involved, so they thought it was real".

Guess what? If people aren't invested in the product, there is no product. I was invested in Javier Bardem's portrayal of a psychotic killer in No Country For Old Men. It doesn't mean I actually think Javier Bardem is a psychotic killer.

If I go see a movie about prison, do I claim I'm going to visit a prison? You are not watching "pro wrestling"

It is pro-wrestling. Otherwise it's just amateur mat wrestling, because there are no actual "pro-wrestling" leagues that exist, that pay you to wrestle in the traditional sense. If that doesn't work for you, fine. Call it sports entertainment. The fact that it bothers you speaks volumes.

And while I realize that is more of a case of repetition probably than anything else, it just sounds crazy. But back to the main point. The other poster said the UFC is fake, just like WWE. Care to make that case for him while not changing what he said?

He was clearly trying to rattle you, or making a smart ass comment about the UFC being fixed. The fact that you can't read between those lines and took it as a literal comment, again, speaks volumes.

Nobody thinks wrestling is real.

and UFC feuds are about as real as WWE feuds.

...but that's off topic. The topic is the drop in stocks, when stocks were I believe at an all time high after a huge peak in 2014. They'll be back up after the Network goes worldwide.

Compared to WWE network's over half a million subscribers in the USA I'd like to know if Fight Pass has even half of that worldwide.

You have given no examples. You've given your biased interpretation of the mindset of fans of a product you don't understand. Your "example" boiled down to "people were invested in the match and the wrestlers involved, so they thought it was real".

Guess what? If people aren't invested in the product, there is no product. I was invested in Javier Bardem's portrayal of a psychotic killer in No Country For Old Men. It doesn't mean I actually think Javier Bardem is a psychotic killer.

It is pro-wrestling. Otherwise it's just amateur mat wrestling, because there are no actual "pro-wrestling" leagues that exist, that pay you to wrestle in the traditional sense. If that doesn't work for you, fine. Call it sports entertainment. The fact that it bothers you speaks volumes.

He was clearly trying to rattle you, or making a smart ass comment about the UFC being fixed. The fact that you can't read between those lines and took it as a literal comment, again, speaks volumes.
It doesn't bother me that you look crazy by referring to it as pro wrestling. I find it hilarious.

Almost as funny as your complete 180 backpedal by first claiming he was serious and comparing sports models to now coming up with an opposite apologist answer and claiming it was clearly meant facetiously.

You keep helping me prove my point on why its hard to get past the perception that some WWE fans are really not too bright. Did you forget you gave a totally different answer one post ago? So now without even checking with him he was NOT comparing business models? They ought to make people trying to get out of a hole by digging a PPV event! It actually would be a lot funnier than "professional wresting"

Given the money you spend on WWE, I'm going to be nice and give you some advice for free. When you aren't good at debating your own points, don't take a really stupid comment by someone else and try to debate that. You will end up doing things like changing their words, then your own. Even you have to realize you pretty much crapped on any credibility you had at this point. And it wasn't even over your own post. Meh...hindsight huh?

Back