WWE loses 50% of it's value in one day!

That 1.4 million number for the fight pass to break even is assuming their PPVs sell 0.

Since Fight Pass has been out their PPV numbers have been nearly the same, maybe dropped a little, but it's not a big deal.

Yeah, I noticed that to and that's why i think people are undervaluing the WWE right now. I think their PPV will drop off by 50% but with 500K subscribers they'll still be making more money except for on huge PPVs like Wrestlemania. Wrestlemania did 400K domestically this year and did i think about 675K domestically last year.

Sucks for me. Whenever I want to find a group of people to pay $50 to watch guys stomp the mat while another guy in costume pretends he was kicked I have nobody to call! And then when I want to gossip about the fake drama that didn't really happen between two actors I am out of luck as well. I just got dealt a bad hand. I was cursed with the ability to distinguish fantasy from reality

:)

If you read any of these threads you would know that 95% arguments are about the bookers/producers writing the fight/feud on TV (What the fuck did they have them do that for?) or backstage stuff (Vince hates Punk etc), not what Wrestler A said to Wrestler B treating it as real. Meta.

LOL

Yeah, that was my concern 'brah'

I was afraid that without fake wresting people would not watch real fighting. Boxing probably owes its livelihood to the WWF too!

Its like saying without the TV show Law and Order nobody would care about crime.

Every time you credit your fantasy to something in real life just continues to prove my point

And I'm sure there are some people that watch both. But just for laughs, care to expound on the reasons people wouldn't care about MMA if it wasn't for fake wrestling? I may want to make your answer my new sig

:)

Pretty obvious without the Raw lead in the first TUF wouldn't have got crap for ratings and the UFC probably would've went bankrupt. Even Dana has said this.

I was cursed with the ability to distinguish fantasy from reality

Funnily enough, you actually don't seem to have that ability.

I used to go to WWF as a kid because we had a box seat to everything and at least half the crowd thought it was real. Screaming and yelling and super pissed if their 'wrestler' lost. So lets not pretend these same people who needed to be told it wasn't real sit around and only discuss the reasonable aspects. I knew it wasn't real when I was 8 and saw my first event. People in their 30s and 40s thought it was real

And truthfully that stigma of the dumbest people on earth has been hard to just completely divorce from the current situation.

You're a big Iron Man fan, huh.

"Mainly because huge dorks have those kinds of arguments."

This again is the difference between you and I.

There is no difference between you and "them"; you ARE them. I thought you said you could distinguish fantasy from reality?

If you read any of these threads you would know that 95% arguments are about the bookers/producers writing the fight/feud on TV (What the fuck did they have them do that for?) or backstage stuff (Vince hates Punk etc), not what Wrestler A said to Wrestler B treating it as real. Meta.

+1 for decimation.

Always one bell-end finds his way into wrestling threads and has a meltdown.

No I don't like the BloodSport movies

VanDamn is one of the worst actors on the planet

I also wouldn't sit around and talk about what happened in BloodSport like it is real life like some WWE fans do

And please stop calling it "wrestling". It makes you look insane. It is "fake wrestling". That you don't make that distinction when you talk about it is why I worry for your mental health

People can have different tastes. You can play with Barbie dolls for all I care. But if I see you talking about the argument Ken and Barbie got in I am going to suggest you see a therapist. And I'd bet a lot of money you talk about WWE quite often. When people leave the movie theater, they stop suspending disbelief. Some WWE fans seem to be stuck in a permanent fantasy.

Calling it wrestling or pro wrestling is normally a pretty good indicator.

Fake wrestling that would implie that there is not a single legitimate wrestling hold used which there is just for sports entertainment. Also last I checked pro wrestling or as u would say fake wrestling has employed more top lv wrestlers real wrestlers than ufc also last I checked the businesses still employs the most decerated olimpion ever Kurt Angel but I guess he is just a fake wrestler

Fake wrestling that would implie that there is not a single legitimate wrestling hold used which there is just for sports entertainment. Also last I checked pro wrestling or as u would say fake wrestling has employed more top lv wrestlers real wrestlers than ufc also last I checked the businesses still employs the most decerated olimpion ever Kurt Angel but I guess he is just a fake wrestler

First of all, Angle is not the most decorated olympian ever....

Second, they most certainly do NOT employ more high level freestyle or greco wrestlers than the UFC. How many NCAA D1 wrestlers are there in MMA, they're a dime a dozen.

Third, most pro-wrestling holds used in the WWE/TNA are completely bogus and would never work in a real fight

Finally, shut up you watch muscled men in tights fake fight each other covered in body-oil to make their little roided out muscles shine

skombolis, this made me think of you

Last edited:
First of all, Angle is not the most decorated olympian ever....

Second, they most certainly do NOT employ more high level freestyle or greco wrestlers than the UFC. How many NCAA D1 wrestlers are there in MMA, they're a dime a dozen.

Third, most pro-wrestling holds used in the WWE/TNA are completely bogus and would never work in a real fight

Finally, shut up you watch muscled men in tights fake fight each other covered in body-oil to make their little roided out muscles shine

Ever heard of catch wrestling? It's essentially submission grappling, there is a reason people like Kazushi Sakuraba and and Josh Barnett include professional wrestling as part of there martial arts background. Vince Mcmahon promotes Sports Entertainment, not professional wrestling, what you see in WWE is a far cry from what professional wrestling was for the majority of its existence

Back