WTF is up with this girl?

I hear you, Buddy... But I avoid dates like the plague anyways, so it's irrelevant to me on that front. But I think all women are essentially like this, even the good ones. It all comes down to a question of value and being too available. A girl that thinks she's better than you based on your actions will likely ignore you altogether or gain the attention she desires from you in the friendzone.

That's way too vague a statement to make, though. If a girl thinks she is better than you based on your actions, I'd say that's a good measuring stick. There are worse reasons to look down on someone than actions.

And the friendzone is a mythical place, like Atlantis.

That's way too vague a statement to make, though. If a girl thinks she is better than you based on your actions, I'd say that's a good measuring stick. There are worse reasons to look down on someone than actions.

And the friendzone is a mythical place, like Atlantis.

lol, BEER... You're one of my favorite posters on this site. But you're also so wrong that I can't even reply to this. #nofacetiousness

lol, BEER... You're one of my favorite posters on this site. But you're also so wrong that I can't even reply to this. #nofacetiousness

I'm flattered that I'm apparently one of your favorite posters, but please tell me where I'm wrong?

I haven't read everything, regardless I'm siding with Bukowski on this subject.

Two things:

1: No, it's not.

2: The reason she wouldn't give him that is the same reason you start threads on the subject. You have a disconnect with what it takes to land quality Women. Hint: It does not involve aggressively asking them out as soon as they show an interest in you and then staying home drinking PBR and trying to convince yourself that you getting shot down was 'better than making no move at all' while hanging out with your cat.

And there's no need to psycho-analyze anything. You're right about one thing... The girl wants attention. The quickest way to not get in her pants is giving her that attention.

So I should not give her attention while other guys are actually approaching her and asking her out? Because then she'll reject them for approaching her and asking them out and want me instead, even though when she was allegedly showing me signs of interest I ignored her.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me at all.

The reality is she's either an attention-whore, playing hard to get, or just isn't interested. I accept and am okay with that. Because I can almost guarantee you if her (or any woman for that matter) "ideal guy" (the ONE she/they romanticize in their head) approached out of the blue they would've said yes. Doesn't matter what he said, how/when he approached, anything because that level of attraction is already there. Her "criteria's" already been met and she'd be a fool to say no, regardless of everything played out.

Edit: I'd also say that I'm in a much better position now as well, and in many different ways. For one, we both know where everyone stands. There's no ambiguity anymore, or false sense of hope. Reality bitch slapped me in the face and I appreciate that rather than deceiving myself into thinking I had a chance and delaying the process.

And two, I now have the power to take that attraction away. You can't miss what you never had. But at one point she could have had me though. She might think I'm a chump right now for aggressively going after her, but next week she might miss it. From personal experience I had a girl aggressively chase me for months. Wasn't interested, wasn't the right time, excuses excuses etc. Then she started flirting with other guys, got a boyfriend, and ignored me and now I think she's hot as fuck and realized how bad I messed up. I'd kill to get with her now but I realize that opportunity has LONG passed.

Last edited:
So I should not give her attention while other guys are actually approaching her and asking her out? Because then she'll reject them for approaching her and asking them out and want me instead, even though when she was allegedly showing me signs of interest I ignored her.

The reality is she's either an attention-whore, playing hard to get, or just isn't interested. I accept and am okay with that. Because I can almost guarantee you if her (or any woman for that matter) "ideal guy" (the ONE she/they romanticize in their head) approached out of the blue they would've said yes. Doesn't matter what he said, how/when he approached, anything because that level of attraction is already there. Her "criteria's" already been met and she'd be a fool to say no, regardless of everything played out.

Dude, all you gotta do is be friendly with her and just be charming/funny, but not be agressive. Don't ask her out. When she's convinced you're awesome, things will work out on their own. Just be patient and you can even play the field when you're waiting on her to make up her mind. If you give othr women attention and she sees it, her mind will be made up much quicker.

Why thank you, Good Sir :)

tumblr_mhr2dn6Gwt1rkxzldo1_500.gif

What you don't realize is that she's already made her decision at that point... What you do when guys approach her is crucial, as are all decisions that might have you giving up that advantage. If you try and stop that or out-do other guys, you're fucking yourself big time. A confident guy doesn't worry about other Dudes.

What I'd do is make a joke quietly to her about how guys are really after the fat girls lately (Only if she's pretty and slender, which I'm assuming she is otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread) while giving a big smile and then continue to talk to other girls around me. Those thirsty guys will take your last role while her attention will be focused on the funny, confident guy talking to other girls she may have just passed up a chance with/possibly just given her an implied (but backhanded) compliment.

Goonerview giving advice about women in a crap thread, and he still gets it completely wrong after all these years.

I'm flattered that I'm apparently one of your favorite posters, but please tell me where I'm wrong?

You definitely are one of my fav's... And how you're wrong lies within the fact that all Women do this... regardless of the scale. The ones that truly don't are either too much of a mess/have zero self-esteem or are so completely confident in themselves that this doesn't fully apply. But even then, it applies a little... The ones (undesirable) that have no self-esteem will go for you and the ones that have full self esteem are either already with someone or wouldn't buy what you're selling.

Simply speaking, that's what women do to distinguish value when making a decision about someone. "Is he into me?" And it's the first, most important thing... If they determine a guys value is less than theirs based on looks or their actions or don't like a guy off the bat, it would take some serious nonchalance to get with her... Not unfounded aggression or self-confidence in asking her out. But even if she's into it... The important thing is to display confidence, which in TS' scenario would come off as not only his best qualities being on display, but also a certain aloofness and ability to talk to other people/not treat her as is she's no his focus in any way, as well as a willingness to avoid the 'friendzone' trap.

Last edited:
You definitely are one of my fav's... And how you're wrong lies within the fact that all Women do this... regardless of the scale. The ones that truly don't are either too much of a mess/have zero self-esteem or are so completely confident in themselves that this doesn't fully apply. But even then, it applies a little... The ones (undesirable) that have no self-esteem will go for you and the ones that have full self esteem are either already with someone or wouldn't buy what you're selling.

Simply speaking, that's what women do to distinguish value when making a decision about someone. "Is he into me?" And it's the first, most important thing... If they determine a guys value is less than theirs based on looks or their actions or don't like a guy off the bat, it would take some serious nonchalance to get with her... Not unfounded aggression or self-confidence in asking her out. But even if she's into it... The important thing is to display confidence, which in TS' scenario would come off as not only his best qualities being on display, but also a certain aloofness and ability to talk to other people/not treat her as his focus in any way, as well as a willingness to avoid the 'friendzone' trap.

I don't know what "women" have to do with it. Everyone is that way. Not many people enjoy being relentlessly pursued, but most people enjoy attention/affection. I don't get how that makes my point wrong. Women get more shit from the idea that women have more choices for partners than men as a generalization. But guys do this to women too. Hell, I have friendships with women that are largely based on us doing it to each other.

Sounds like some teenage level courtship drama. Id have lost interest.

You are about to be hit with a sexual harassment lawshuit.

She's gotta boyfriend. Or something shitty happened to her (like someone died) and she is really just wanting someone to talk to.
Those are just examples, she might behave like that for so many different reasons which have absolutely nothing to do with you, but you want to frame it all into the context of you getting laid or not. (As we all would, in pursuit of that sweet sweet poonanni). People are just complicated, no reason to judge your game on it.

maybe you're gay

perhaps this...maybe she thought you were gay and wanted a gay friend to hang out with....talk about shopping she'll love that. If she thinks your gay you could start hanging with her and who knows what will happen.

Lower your expectations. Ask out the chick in the deli.

You also might not be first choice. Women like to keep a fishtank. You know, like in competitive fishing, where you can only keep so many fish, and you throw back the smaller ones as you pick up bigger ones. Some are better at wielding tanks with bigger inventories, but they're all limited by time in the day (so to speak).

Some like to take out their "less catches" and play with the more. Fun for the fish. But you're still not the trophy- not the first choice. Yep, that's right. We're trophies to them, too. Sexual strategies go both ways.

Or, hell, she might be playing hard to get, or not trying to seem easy. Who the fuck knows with women.

Sounds like you need to put her on the D.E.N.N.I.S. system

Back